It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandatory knife jail terms backed

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

LOL.. I know ... it is insane. I think they have found a way to put Chamberlain DNA in the water or something. The current actions over there are so... so... looking for a word... illogical maybe. It makes no sense...

#1 Criminals pretty much know they have (very) little chance of getting caught after the crime as the conviction rate after a crime is in the single digits.

#2 Criminals don't follow the law (IE Criminals) so passing laws are not going to work.

#3 Criminals have little fear of the victim "especially women and the elderly" because there will be little to no resistance... and again the probably of getting caught later is almost none.

#4 Criminals have little fear in breaking in your house because you have to take a chance of being freeking imprisoned if you defend yourself or your property.... at this time I wait for the reply of - "the human life of the criminal is worth more than the stuff he will steal"..... I know this is coming... of course the victims are psychic and KNOW that the criminal will or will not do them harm and KNOW if the criminal is armed or not and exactly what weapon he has... and KNOW that the intruder did or did not come with the express purpose raping your wife or child and of course that ESP working knows that murder is not the intent or the consequence of you being there (in your own house) if you are discovered. So thus you know that the criminal is not there to murder any or all of you".

It's like they were strapped down and brainwashed with "leave it to beaver" and the "Brady Bunch"..... Yes!.. .that is the word I was looking for.... NAIVE!

So, yes Naive and Illogical best describe this condition that has afflicted the minds of the people / victims.... what drug does that, I would have the water tested because nothing else besides drugs or mass insanity fit.

Here is the shed article.... LOL

www.telegraph.co.uk...

[edit on 12-1-2009 by infolurker]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
The things about knives is, they are scary. Why? Because they are so personal, you could accidentally shoot some one and not know that you killed them, but with a knife you cant accidentally stab someone to death.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Nothing scares a criminal more than chambering that first 00 12 gauge round.... sshhh chiiick

Fastest way to make a criminal run or stop in their tracks crying like a little girl.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by infolurker

My weapon of choice is the good old Colt .45 or one of its clones. The best clone being any of the Kimber models, one of which is my daily carry piece. Knowing full well that the sound of racking the slide and chambering a round is a known sound to anyone familiar with weapons, I still keep a round in the chamber, hammer back, safety ON!
Reason being is that like anything else, things can go wrong. You pull back the slide, release it, and instead of a round loading, it jams up. It happens for whatever reason. Thus you have to drop the magazine, free up the jam, then reload and try again. You gonna ask the bad guy to wait while you fix it? LOL
With a round in the chamber, all you do is click the safety off, then KABOOM! KABOOM! Remember the double-tap! Call 911. Bad guy goes out horizontally.
End of story.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by d11_m_na_c05

Ok just use good ole Chainmail t-shirt and underwear, until they can find better stronger type kevlar with tighter weaver, hey does anyone want to buy taser T-shirt comes in med. large, and exlarge. only thing will not stop bullets.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Here's a good one, maybe some of you know this one, works in prison fights, and if being attacked by terroist on airplane with box cutters.

First you need roll of tape and as many magazines you can get hands on. you take the magazines and tape them around arms, chest, stomach, back neck , where ever you can. This will stop most knife, stabs or slashes, just rember layers, no newspaper, nice hard glossie magazines. UL approved duct tape is best, but in a clinch what ever works.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
During the 60's in the United States it was a joke that after they ban guns they will have to ban knives next.

I have seen news articles that in the UK pointed knives are being replaced by blunt knives for kitchen implements. Can any one in this thread verify that?

I suggest that a knife is not necessary. A sharpened stick and threat to gouge out an eye will do to mug someone.

Violence and criminality have never been solved. The population of Australia was begun by Englishmen "transported" for crimes. Where do we send them next?

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I live in the UK and used to carry a knife daily. I lived out in the hills and it was a handy tool to have on my belt. I wore it everywhere, even in urban areas. The only time it wasn't on me was when I was in a suit!

I don't wear one any longer (unless I'm camping/hunting) thanks to all this crap and I miss it. I used it more than one would expect and it was genuinely a very practical and much needed tool.

The problem with these kinds of bans is that the criminals will still have them. It's the same with guns. Firearms were banned in the UK years ago, but there are more shootings now than ever. The 'bad guys' have no regard for the law anyway, so all this does is make life awkward for others.

Yes I agree that some kid in Brixton doesn't need to be walking around with a kitchen knife or bowie stuffed in his pocket at 01:00, but surly a rural or suburban professional doesn't deserve 4 years for wearing a knife?

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS

but surly a rural or suburban professional doesn't deserve 4 years for wearing a knife?

When it comes to the UK, as Clint Eastwood said "Deserve ain't got nothin' to do with it".

What you need is an excuse, the Scots can carry a knife in their traditional attire because of culture, the Muslims because of theirs (under certain circumstances).

Just introduce a Maypole dance that requires the use of a 4 inch combat folder and you're all set.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Well, If you're going to go to jail for having a knife - you might as well have a knife like this:

*Heck, why not carry Swords now that you can go to jail for a carrying knife - or an Axe even...

[edit on 14-1-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ryckE

Are you sure??......Have you considered an insanity plea...as an excuse for brutality with no responsibility for your actions.....It would have to have been an accidental stabbing....because I am sure the criminal didn't mean it.....

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by infolurker

Amen brother!!! Mossberg 500 right here with buckshot. If someone enters my home at night I'm not going to waste time asking if he or she is armed and what their intentions are.

Regarding knives though, as far as I've been able to learn, in California, there is no clear law regarding the length of a pocket knife. I always carry one and I use it nearly on a daily basis for all sorts of odds and ends. In fact, you can carry a fixed blade legally, as long as it's visible. The key to the legality of a pocket knife, as far as I can tell in my state, is how easy it is to open. I have a couple of larger flippers that I make sure I don't carry except while camping or hiking. I always carry a 3 inch liner lock though that has a strong detent so that it is very difficult to flip open. Anyone who subscribes to Blade magazine knows that there are many grey area legal suits in the US regarding knives.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

Oooo, more details on that piece please! I think I could make room for that in a case! :-)

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I can for some reason not imagine someone with a british accent becoming a gang banger with a knife. I have been raised with too many stereotypes of british people only sitting in their living rooms drinking tea all day let alone listening to eminem circling around the parking lot screaming I don't give a snip.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by wiredamerican

The pity is that anyone listens to that trailer trash Zero....What has this guy added to the betterment of youth....He is just another bitter loser who has been elevated to celebrity by some very diliberate people who are allowed to foist their agenda on an unprotected populus....

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by wiredamerican

You think the UK gangs stop their activity for tea time every afternoon?

I was gonna cut you and take your shoes but the Vicar of Dibley is on.

Cant rob anybody on Easter. It's the next Dr. Who special.

British people

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join