It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to SPIN a Military Occupation as * Self-Defense *

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Hi, I found this video interesting, in the sense that it also resemblance the "war on terror" as a disguise of an attack under the terms of "self defense". In my opinion it is important, how historical events goes through the prisms of media and reflects on our minds. I think, it is important to be critical how events becomes to discourses, and in what sense we believe in them.

www.liveleak.com...

[edit on 11-1-2009 by deccal]

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
interesting video
thanks for sharing.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by turbokid

You are welcome. This video got my interest because the speakers are credible people like chomsky, fisk and pfeifer. I hope we all will be a little more critical about what is going on around us and how these things going on are prismed through PR works.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Good find, I hope other who consistantly are playing the "anti-semitic" card will take a deep breath and just watch this piece of vital info that is known to me from way back when.

Cheers

[edit on 11-1-2009 by Skittle]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Right... "occupation". It's really very simple yet for some reason a lot of people have trouble understanding:

OPTION A
- Support terrorism on Israeli citizens => Israel will retaliate and make your life a living hell until you STAND UP LIKE A RESPECTABLE HUMAN BEING to Hamas and stop the Terrorists who would "martyr" you for their propaganda war in a second.

OPTION B - See WEST BANK
- Decide terrorism is not the best way to conduct diplomacy, abolish terrorist tactics => Israel agrees to work with you, stops sending tanks / bombs your way, begins leaving your land, lets you live life like you should be. Hey, if you continue, you might even one day live life in your own, real, country! (Again, look at West Bank)

This really isn't rocket science. Which do you prefer? Want to see REAL spinning? I can link that for you too. It's under Wikipedia, subsection Hamas.

[edit on 12-1-2009 by Amberite]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Great video. I was having a friendly argument with someone the other day about Israel and they are very pro-Israel and they assumed I was and I told them flat out I don't support them and listed my reasons why. They went on to say well Israel had a ceasefire the other day and guess who didn't stick to it, the Palestinians! I told him that it's such a simple tactic to lay such a forceful hand down on people to where they are just running for cover trying to catch their breath and get the dying to hospitals and then the army responsible declares a ceasefire hoping for retaliation which is the only time the people under attack have time to gather their wits and it legitimizes Israel's actions because to world opinion it appears as if Palestine is the sole aggressor.

Don't get me wrong. I wouldn't side with Palestine, Hamas, Hezbollah etc. but I sure as hell would never side with Israel. They are NOT the good guys. Just because their culture is more Western so we could more easily relate to them does not make them any less barbaric than the supposed perpetrators of this violence.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Amberite, star for you. I'm tired of the passive aggressive thread titles that plead and beg for peace for the sake of the Palestinians, while making not one mention of the stunts that Hamas pulls over and over...

I said it in another thread, Hamas reminds me of the wrestler that pulls out the brass knuckles, smacks his opponent, and hides them again quickly so the ref does not see...all the while complaining that they are the victim.

While I feel for the civilians caught between two warring parties, Hamas could easily end this whole charade, parlay for peace, recognize Israel's right to exist and then be a peaceful neighbor.

[edit on 12-1-2009 by deadbang]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Amberite

OPTION C: Stop/Remove Israeli settlements from the OCCUPIED Palestinian lands, reimburse the Palestinians for the stolen/Demolished homes, withdraw all Israeli troops from the OCCUPIED territories, Let the Palestinians have a life with dignity.

This really isn't rocket science.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadbang
Amberite, star for you. I'm tired of the passive aggressive thread titles that plead and beg for peace for the sake of the Palestinians, while making not one mention of the stunts that Hamas pulls over and over...

United Nations said the Israeli military operation had killed 758 people
in Gaza, of whom 257 were children and 56 women, with 3,100 wounded, including 1,080 children and 452 women. In contrast, the total number of Israeli deaths, both military and civilian, was about 10, including by friendly fire (meaning Israeli troops mistakenly shooting at each other"

www.sundaytimes.lk...

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
The video is rubbish. What cridible people? This is propaganda. I am sick of people trying to defend either side. The Oslo acord=land for peace. Then neither side budged an inch.

You hear the muslim battel cry "by the will of Allah, we will drive the Jews into the sea." Well after half a century and several wars, Isreal is stronger then ever. That indeed must be Allah's will. Now it is time for both sides to accept the sistuation and begin serious negotiations.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by deadbang

Thanks deadbang. Yes your wrestler analogy is very true and it infuriates me to see how blind people are when dealing with this matter. It's like 9/11 was completely forgotten by the rest of the world and that they didn't witness what can happen from and how far things can be taken by fanatical Islamic militants. It amazes me when people refuse to believe that these militants don't care about their civilian population, and they don't give a DAMN about any history with Israel. They fight because they HATE Jews. Hamas is one of the most hate-filled organizations in the world and people sympathize with them. Go figure.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jezus
United Nations said the Israeli military operation had killed 758 people
in Gaza, of whom 257 were children and 56 women, with 3,100 wounded, including 1,080 children and 452 women. In contrast, the total number of Israeli deaths, both military and civilian, was about 10, including by friendly fire (meaning Israeli troops mistakenly shooting at each other"

Yep. And guess what? Most of those children are 16 year old Hamas fighters. And the women are willingly martyred for the SOLE purpose of being able to report numbers like these.

And let me explain something to you about these militants and their supporting cast of "civilians." The reason why Israel uses such "disproportionate" force is because these Palestinians value life in a much different manner than you or I. To Israel, to lose even ONE soldier or civilian to terrorism is a national tragedy, as it is in the US, UK, etc. However, Palestinians don't run by the same rules. Their morale and their willingness to continue terrorizing civilians will run strong even after HUNDREDS have been killed. Because to them, to fight means going to heaven with many virgins. However, there IS a limit to how much they can endure. Hamas is already weakening, and their support among the population is beginning to dwindle. Their soldiers are scared and in hiding from the IDF.

The point is that if Israel would respond in kind and kill even 10 militants for the few civilians they killed, it would accomplish NOTHING. The militants wouldn't even worry themselves about the losses. However, losing 100s along with many civilians is a whole different story. It introduces repercussions and a sense of futility to their actions. And this is what Israel is attempting to achieve.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Israel is not insterested in "occupaion" of Gaza, nor is what is going on there an act of "self defense"

Something to consider, it has been alleged that Hamas is the proxy of Iran, and that in order for Israel to launch attacks on Iranian nuclear facilities it must "deal with the Hamas problem beforehand" and all of this must take place BEFORE Barack Obama's inauguration.

This finial push in Gaza is an all out effort to eliminate Hamas, this the Israelis do not deny, and obviously they will now attempt to accomplish this goal at any cost. which would explain the heavy civilian casualties.

Once this is complete, or Israel has stated that it has achieved its goals in Gaza, and the above allegations are true, then Iran could be targeted, and that should likely happen also before Obama's inauguration.

Israel has already stated that it is "very near achieving our goals in Gaza"

[edit on 12-1-2009 by Walkswithfish]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Apparently you haven't watched the video posted in the OP because they show the state of West Bank (that you keep pointing at as an example). It shows how many settlements are in West Bank, is that your suggestion for Gaza as well?

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by gnothiseauton

I know the situation in the West Bank very well. These settlements are a concern for Israelis, especially for the Israeli govt because it is hard to displace your own civilians. However, this is something that Israel has repeatedly talked about trying to stop and scale back.

Israel has forcibly removed its own citizens from areas that belong to the Palestinians many times in the past, one of the most notable being the recent removal of 8,000 settlers from Gaza (Israeli Unilateral Disengagement Plan) -- which, by the way, were the last remaining settlements in Gaza. Meaning there are 0 Israeli settlements in Gaza currently.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   

And which of those options keeps Israel from expanding its borders and building on Palestinian refugee town soil?

Personally, if a neighbor started to build their fence a foot into my yard every day, I wouldn't sit by and take it either.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah
And which of those options keeps Israel from expanding its borders and building on Palestinian refugee town soil?

Personally, if a neighbor started to build their fence a foot into my yard every day, I wouldn't sit by and take it either.

Maybe you should read the reply right above your post. Israel has NO settlements in Gaza and in fact forcibly removed the last remaining settlements in Gaza 2 years ago. The fence you are talking about is a border fence and is not on Palestinian land, and is no different from any country protecting its borders, especially when those adjacent to you have a tendency of smuggling bombs into your country.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   

We will see when the war is over if there will be any settlements in Gaza or not, but what about the settlements in West Bank? When are those going to be removed? Israel may find it hard to displace its own citizens but it doesn't find it hard to displace Palestinians (In the OP video it mentions how over 1000 Palestinian houses were demolished so that they could build settlements).

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
How do they spin this?

Latest breaking news

GAZA (Reuters) – Israel won renewed support from its key ally the United States on Monday when President George W. Bush said a ceasefire in the Gaza Strip depended on Hamas ending its rocket fire on Israeli towns.

As the Palestinian death toll passed 900, including many civilians, troops tightened their grip around urban areas in search of elusive guerrillas and Prime Minister Ehud Olmert said Israel would pursue the 17-day-old war as long as it took.

Troops and tanks, backed by warplanes and helicopters that mounted more than 25 air strikes, probed into guerrilla defenses around the city of Gaza, wary of snipers and booby traps. Hamas fighters kept largely out of sight, firing several rockets into Israel and bracing for an all-out assault that may yet come.

As international diplomats worked with Egypt on a truce plan, an Israeli military spokesman said the army had yet to launch a much-heralded "Phase 3" of the war, following the initial air campaign and then ground advance.

www.yahoo.com

I still stand by my previous post in this thread, you can spin this current Gaza conflict anyway you want, a pretext for a war or at least preemptive attacks on Iran is what is in the works here.

The sense of urgency and reckless disregard for civilian lives are driven by the brief time they have in order to accomplish their goals in Gaza.

[edit on 12-1-2009 by Walkswithfish]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Well GOD said ... you reap what you sow ... damn, I'm scared now ...
think about it ... we are whats keeping isreal alive ... and those bastards killed our boys in life rafts in 1967 ... and we support these people ... ???
appearently our Govt thinks more of Isreal than it does for its own people... very interesting ... tks for sharing ...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join