It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Psychotropic Drug Scam

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
www.brasschecktv.com...

I want to bring to reality the true reasons behind Psychotropic drugs. Watch the video above.

Movie called: Making a Killing Evil run rampant!
From "Making a Killing"
This is an excerpt of a film called "Making a Killing."

It's not flattering to the pharmaceutical companies or to general trends in the psychiatric profession.

We recently had a "physician" aggressively push a dangerous drug on a 91 year old family member.

The warning in the pharmaceutical company's own fine print clearly stated that this drug created a danger of heart failure in patients with the very same symptoms our family member had.

The doctor responded: "It's just a baby-sized dose. It shouldn't do any harm."

We've fired the doctor.

I hope you treat all doctors enthusiasm for new, under-tested drugs with maximum skepticism.

Don't assume they know what they're doing.

Odds are they don't.

Me: I need people to wake up to this. We are putting trust in those who only want what's best for their interests and pockets.

Why have we been so conditioned to accept that professional authority will never step over the line when it comes to our own health and wellbeing.

[edit on 11-1-2009 by meadowfairy]

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
guess what i was prescribed about a year ago by my doc????

cymbalta,,, after seeing how taking them i felty worse,,,,tired,,, couldn't move off couch,,, no appetite,, crap once a week etc etc

my sister wants em to diet as an appetite depressant,,,, she's lost 35 pounds so far

she got a nice xmas gift---i gave her 10 unopened bottles

ps,,, i wondered if this was about mushrooms--- i just learned granted shrooms are illegal to posess,,,, it is legal to posess and buy the spores to grow your own ,,,,no pshychobillin contained at that point,, in the spores you buy

oh yeah ,,, i saw this,,, wasn't that sickening and angering,,,, the ever-growing con that is the FDA

i love brasscheck and palast is pretty awesome

[edit on 11-1-2009 by shortywarn]

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by shortywarn
guess what i was prescribed about a year ago by my doc????

cymbalta,,, after seeing how taking them i felty worse,,,,tired,,, couldn't move off couch,,, no appetite,, crap once a week etc etc

my sister wants em to diet as an appetite depressant,,,, she's lost 35 pounds so far

she got a nice xmas gift---i gave her 10 unopened bottles

ps,,, i wondered if this was about mushrooms--- i just learned granted shrooms are illegal to posess,,,, it is legal to posess and buy the spores to grow your own ,,,,no pshychobillin contained at that point,, in the spores you buy

I eat nature foods like the raw food diet best way to lose weight, stay young and be fit.

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with cymbalta, sounded like me on depo provera.

I do not live in the states but i do grown my own mushrooms. I watched a video on Ted Talks about mycelium helping the planet green again.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
i don't want to derail the thread but

yeah ,,, my grams has breast cancer,,, so with chemo,,, trying some natural therapies and such as well,,, and did some research on mushrooms
and how good reishi,,, mitake,, #ake and the"mushroom of the god" abacarius----please forgive the spellings,,,, i'm sure you know them,, what i mean

i also want to start growing my own with spores,,, and the ready to go bags,,,, and also the log plugs look easy enuff as well to do outdoors in summer

and granted my sister would be better off to eat better,,, and a better"whole" diet
but we're impatient americans and we want it now and fast and as easy as possible

and hey that was probably a $1000 to $1500 xmas gift right????

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I couldn't agree more.

My personal favorite is the commercial for an asthma drug that has a possible side effect of "asthma related death??????" How are they allowed to sell something that has a side effect of assisting the illness, that it is supposed to treat, in killing you.

A person close in my life was prescribed effexor for anxiety and depression. Catch is a General practice doctor prescribed it, not a psychiatrist or other mental health professional. So without any sort of analysis as to a root cause of a potential mental health problem they were prescribed a drug for mental health. Perhaps if someone had asked the right questions they would have learned that someone very close passed away recently and they had been troubled with that.

Long story short they decided to stop taking it and then begins the withdrawals. www.join-the-fun.com... After two months of having what is called "electric zaps" in the documentation that comes with every bottle and just feeling awkward like never before, they are obviously still taking it.

Why would you prescribe someone something that can do this if they ever stop taking it?? Why not prescribe heroin. At least with heroin the bulk of the withdrawals only last a week or so, not months. You probably have a better chance of surviving a heroin addiction than that.

My final concern, how do we know there will not be longer-term or generational consequences to this? We are already seeing it with antibiotics. We prescribed antibiotics like candy and now have infectious bacteria that can not be treated. Don't forget the proposed link from vaccine preservatives to autism. What of us that got out of that, what of our children? Will this carry over into another generation that wasn't even directly exposed?

My opinion, the pushers of this should be tried and punished by being forced to take all the stuff they pushed until they get "side effected" to death. That includes the CEOs, drug developers, FDA, lobbyists, and the doctors that simply prescribe without a reason.

There is a huge problem, but why fight it when you can pop a couple xanax, poop yourself and not care about anything like the majority of this nation currently does.

[edit on 11-1-2009 by dantrav]

[edit on 11-1-2009 by dantrav]

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by meadowfairy

I'm prescribed to paxil and webutrin I had the dosage upped a wile ago because I would get panic attacks. The dosage I was taking didnt help so he upped it. I have found out on my own they cant be good for me. When I stopped taking them, cold turkey just no more at all, I hallucinate and feel sick, which means I have become physically addicted to them. For now I take half a welbutrin and half a paxil although I hope I can stop taking them soon. My mom wants me to keep seeing my psychiatrist but I keep telling her hes a phony. Hopefully my mom will sit down and watch this with me and see why I'm tired of this. The whole industry makes me sick.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
and it's so easy to get whatever you want,,, i basically can tell my doc what i want to try next because i've been thru many of them,,,,

i just read how depression can be treated thru food and this is totally forgotten by our docs who have a list of possible drugs to try

i may try it

granted maybe i'm not depressed,,, since the depression drugs only seem to worsen the effect,,, i should be happy with nothing

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   
also,,, in the vid,,,,,the part where they say---there's no test to conclusively prove what you have------that part hit me hard

you go in,,, say i'm depressed ,,, talk for a couple minutes,,, and boom he scribbles on his pad and you walk out with 3 or 4 scrips.

how dumb is that,,,,,,it's messed up

it's so hit or miss and based on no evidence or anything

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I like how they proscribe cymbalta for fibromyalgia.

This is after the clinical trials showed that it is only a little better then a placebo.

And this was a loaded clinical trial that they loaded with people with fibromyalgia and DEPRESSION. instead of people with just fibromyalgia.

I have fibro and i refuse to take any more antidepressants because they DO NOT work for me because my fibro is caused by neurosarcoidosis a autoimmune disorder and not by depression.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ryckE

I'm prescribed to paxil and webutrin I had the dosage upped a wile ago because I would get panic attacks. The dosage I was taking didnt help so he upped it. I have found out on my own they cant be good for me. When I stopped taking them, cold turkey just no more at all, I hallucinate and feel sick, which means I have become physically addicted to them. For now I take half a welbutrin and half a paxil although I hope I can stop taking them soon. My mom wants me to keep seeing my psychiatrist but I keep telling her hes a phony. Hopefully my mom will sit down and watch this with me and see why I'm tired of this. The whole industry makes me sick.

Ryck i used to suffer panic attacks. My raw food diet and sucking vitamin b12 under the tongue stopped my attacks. Try and get sublingual vitamin b12 every time you have an attack and put it under the tongue and suck on it. It will stop the attack. Take b vitamins and omega 3 supplements every day. Take 2 omegas 3's at breakfast and at night, you can take up to 6 during the day. Go directly to a naturopath who can wean you off the drugs and prescribe you things that are missing in your brain and nervous system. Also go to an altenrative practioner who does healing hypnotherapy to get directly down to the cause. A chiropractor to help get your nerves back into balance. Check your hormones aswell.
This is everything that helped me. Most brain disorders are usually certain vitmains and minerals missing from diet.
I no longer suffer panic attacks and am healed. Vitamin b12 sucked under the tongue everyday or every time you get an attack will help.

[edit on 11-1-2009 by meadowfairy]

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
No doubt, the system encourages risky prescriptions because of the immediate rewards from drug companies so how do you push down costs when you're pushing prescriptions? Sell more right?

It's not just psychotropic drugs either. I got prescribed a drug, Amnisteem or something of the sort, it was for acne but I didn't have acne. He said he'd read studies it had worked on people with my skin condition and wanted to try it. But first I had to sign a waiver saying if I killed myself after taking the drug it's not the drugs fault and nobody is liable for a thing. Word of advice from someone with first hand experience don't take Amnisteem.

[edit on 11-1-2009 by beaverg]

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Almost all Psychotropic drugs can be refused, unless involuntary treatment or MOT is ordered. These are minimal compared to the writing of the scripts.

Most assume the compliance level these days is at or around 20%. As, these drugs tend not to work as advertised.
Feel free if prescribed to 'freely toss' and move on with your day.

They are not DICTATORS, tend to just have BIG MOUTHS. With a bit of a twist, for most certain, on treatment mandate. And, if they really Bother you, they often don't deal well with confrontation, and will bend over backwards to state that it was an internal problem, as opposed to roughing of the head...

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   

I would do all that stuff but money is really tight right now. I think it could be the hormones as you said because I am 16. But i will try those asap.
Thank you for your help.

[edit on 11-1-2009 by ryckE]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   

I would do all that stuff but money is really tight right now. I think it could be the hormones as you said because I am 16. But i will try those asap.
Thank you for your help.

Hi ryckE i just do not know why doctors allow children and teenagers to be drugged with dangerous drugs. I feel sick to my stomach that this is normal.
I do hope those remedies help you as it did me. You do not have to do them all at once. The therapies can be done overtime. As for the vitamin b12 do give them a try but find someone who can lower your drugs for you over time.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by meadowfairy

Thank you for your help.

Hi ryckE i just do not know why doctors allow children and teenagers to be drugged with dangerous drugs. I feel sick to my stomach that this is normal.
I do hope those remedies help you as it did me. You do not have to do them all at once. The therapies can be done overtime. As for the vitamin b12 do give them a try but find someone who can lower your drugs for you over time.

I know that this thread is old and no one will see this but... I have been off them for about 2 months and I feel great, I have been a bit deppressed but thats normal. Its really weird though I cant seem to remember much from when I was on them, I basicly lost 3 years of my life.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   
That's good to hear man. Glad to hear things are going well and that you are feeling better too. Spring is right around the corner though and I know that always cheers me up!

top topics

join