It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I cant star my wifes post?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Hi

My wife and I both have separate accounts (since i usually disagree with her on alot of things i told her to make her own account) also she wouldnt wanna use my account cuz she thinks im an idiot usually. (and wouldnt want my terrible opinions upsetting her reputation
)

Anyways, I just noticed I cannot star a post made by her. Is this because we are on the same network using the same ISP?

Just curious.

If that is the reason why, I think it was a good idea.

I just wanted to know if thats what is causing it, If so I can accept that.

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
We do have different IP's i think however, because we use a very nice router.

Perhaps the router uses a generic IP? i dont know much about networking (other than how to make 2 computers see each other and share files- which can be very difficult sometimes)

thats why i am asking because im not a computer expert by any means

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Yes, the system doesn't allow the same IP to star "itself" (even if there are two accounts).

In your case, I suggest an "in person star" to promote domestic bliss.

Counselor Monkeys, not just for irreconcilable discussion board differences anymore...

[edit on 10/1/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me

Yes, the system doesn't allow the same IP to star "itself" (even if there are two accounts).

In your case, I suggest an "in person star" to promote domestic bliss.

Counselor Monkeys, not just for irreconcilable discussion board differences anymore...

[edit on 10/1/2009 by Mirthful Me]

ok cool thanks MM for the quick response!

i would give her a "in person star" but im kinda scared to confront her personally

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Hi

My wife and I both have separate accounts (since i usually disagree with her on alot of things i told her to make her own account) also she wouldnt wanna use my account cuz she thinks im an idiot usually. (and wouldnt want my terrible opinions upsetting her reputation
)

Anyways, I just noticed I cannot star a post made by her. Is this because we are on the same network using the same ISP?

Just curious.

If that is the reason why, I think it was a good idea.

I just wanted to know if thats what is causing it, If so I can accept that.

Thanks.

Your identity and ISP are being tracked. Welcome to the New World Order of The United States.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Precisely why I have remained in the ranks of bachelorhood all these years... No reason to introduce a potentially life threatening (or at least a nether region threatening) entity into my humble banana grove... Errr... Domicile...

Single Monkeys, not just for having the remote control firmly in hand anymore...

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Mirthful Me

oh how i wish i had your excellant foresight!

sadly, i didnt use my brain i was using something else...

sigh.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   

While on your LAN the two computers will have two different IP's, this is for the LAN's use only and will probably start with 192.x.x.01 for example. The external IP will be the same for whatever computer you use as you are presumably using the same connection.

If you really want to star the missus, get a seperate connection, then you'll have a different IP, but that's an expensive route to take for the sake of a star when it's far cheaper to get a bunch of flowers or some chocolate

top topics

join