It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How would you feel about a human/ape hybrid ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Richard Dawkins – author of The Selfish Gene and The God Delusion – muses on the effect of breaking down the barrier between humans and animals, perhaps by the creation of a chimera in a lab or a "successful hybridisation between a human and a chimpanzee".

Dawkins: "Our ethics and our politics assume, largely without question or serious discussion, that the division between human and 'animal' is absolute. 'Pro-life', to take just one example, is a potent political badge, associated with a gamut of ethical issues such as opposition to abortion and euthanasia.

What it really means is pro-human-life. Abortion clinic bombers are not known for their veganism, nor do Roman Catholics show any particular reluctance to have their suffering pets 'put to sleep'. In the minds of many confused people, a single-celled human zygote, which has no nerves and cannot suffer, is infinitely sacred, simply because it is 'human'. No other cells enjoy this exalted status."

www.guardian.co.uk...

we would find an interbreeding continuum between every species and every other. For example I could interbreed with a female who could interbreed with a male who could ... fill in a few gaps, probably not very many in this case ... who could interbreed with a chimpanzee...

I find this to be a very scary thought... the possible interbreeding of chimps and humans would definately change everything.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grock
How would you feel about a human/ape hybrid ?

I'm sure that in little science test tubes in college science labs around the country this has already been done a number of times. Kids majoring in science or biology probably have put strange things together - and destroyed the results before any one could find out.

As for the rest of the post - I have no idea what abortuaries have to do with human/ape hybrids.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Grock

I am with Dawkins regarding that quote but we don't need no human/chimp hybrids to understand that we are animals as are all other animals.

I mean how would the hybrids be treated? Like crap I assume, just look at what humans do to animals. Hence my signature, people who say: we are king because we are at the top of the food chain would be perfectly ok with superior aliens treating them like we as humankind in general treat animals.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Well it would suck. They would be starting planet of the apes. A chimp the size of a man is crazy. Imagine the strength alone the creature would have. Combined with the rationalizing skills of the human brain. If too many were left unchecked the human race would no longer be the top of the food chain. In the end we well all be using Charlton Hestons famous words:

“Damn dirty apes”

[edit on 10-1-2009 by Ant4AU]

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I would be down with a human/ape hybrid. As long as I could hang out with it and teach it to smoke.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
That is impossible, has never been done and never will.

Even though we seem to be cousins, an ape or chimp has very different DNA. It might be 98% the same but that 2 % is the magic of being human.

Besides I am sure lots of weirdos have had sex with apes or chimps, just like hicks and cows and you don't see any little babies that can swing in a tree

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
That would be horrible! What about intelligence, self-identity, morals? We couldn't possibly know what we would have created.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Grock

Reminds me of Stalin and his idea for a hybrid army of apes and humans.
A good read about Stalin and his hybrid army

Now to Dawkins:

"Our ethics and our politics assume, largely without question or serious discussion, that the division between human and 'animal' is absolute. 'Pro-life', to take just one example, is a potent political badge, associated with a gamut of ethical issues such as opposition to abortion and euthanasia.

What it really means is pro-human-life. Abortion clinic bombers are not known for their veganism, nor do Roman Catholics show any particular reluctance to have their suffering pets 'put to sleep'. In the minds of many confused people, a single-celled human zygote, which has no nerves and cannot suffer, is infinitely sacred, simply because it is 'human'. No other cells enjoy this exalted status."

I cannot stand this dude. Dawkins just does not seem to understand or care about human life, to him its all an experiment (Don't get me wrong he is smart, but he has no emotion or common sense)...the word escapes me, but man I cannot understand him. Abortion clinic bombers, most of the time blow up the clinic at night when no one is inside, to save babies, while I do not support such acts at all at least they are attempting to save lives. Dawkins does not understand that humans and animals are different, he thinks that we are all connected from one ancestor long ago, but I could easily say we have a common designer, once again I cannot prove he is wrong, but he cannot prove I am wrong. If we were animals we would not understand emotion to the capacity that we do and we would simply throw our morals out the window. We are not animals. An animal mind set only leads to suffering and destruction (ex: Nazi and the Jews, Teddy Roosevelt and the Indians, The Tutsie's and the Rwanda Genocide, and Charles Darwin and his view that his children were "semi-invalids".

"In the minds of many confused people" what an insult, if it is not human at the moment of when the sperm hit the egg what is it? Does it grow into a dog? No, it continues to grow until it is time to deliver the baby. NO other cells enjoy this status, Dawkins, because simply this cell will grow into a human.

Lets look at a definition:

Conception:

the process of becoming pregnant involving fertilization or implantation or both

Definition

Process of becoming Pregnant, what does Pregnant mean?

containing a developing embryo, fetus, or unborn offspring within the body

Pregnant Def.

The cell is human and pro-life means for life.

[edit on -06002009-01-10T17:15:58-06:00312009bAmerica/ChicagoSat, 10 Jan 2009 17:15:58 -0600, 1 by TheMythLives]

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wormwood Squirm
That is impossible, has never been done and never will.

Even though we seem to be cousins, an ape or chimp has very different DNA. It might be 98% the same but that 2 % is the magic of being human.

Besides I am sure lots of weirdos have had sex with apes or chimps, just like hicks and cows and you don't see any little babies that can swing in a tree

You seem to be missing the point but thank you for your contribution nontheless

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   

top topics

join