It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rare 'dinky' bird migrates to US for first time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Rare 'dinky' bird migrates to US for first time

news.yahoo.com

CHOKE CANYON, Texas – Birders with binoculars and cameras are flocking to a remote state park in search of a small yellow-chested bird that apparently crossed the U.S. border for the first time from its high-mountain habitat to the south.

At 5 inches with beige and yellow markings, the pine flycatcher doesn't look like much, but its unprecedented migration from Mexico and Guatemala is exciting birders all over the country.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
This unprecedented event may be a sign of disturbance in the eco system or even volcanic activity, we must remember that animals and even humans react to upcoming events such as earthquakes and volcanoes, given that there is no explaination at this point I would say that IMO that it is a possibilty that there is a distinct reason for the birds appearance in the Texas area for the first time in history.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

Neat story, but its one bird.

If a whole flock of them were perching in the trees, that could be something else.

One bird, the only one not asking for directions.

[edit on 10-1-2009 by TwiTcHomatic]

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I know it is just a single bird that has been noted, however this could be an indication of discourse in their lives. One is seen today, but the flock could be not far behind.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Great Find!
I think we're going to be seeing a lot more of this in the future.

Wonderful news for birdwatchers too! (Trying to look at the bright side here)...

Thanks goodness Mother Nature has a fantastic ability to evolve and cope.

*P*E*A*C*E*

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   
It could be that someone brought it here and it got loose. If it was more than one then I would think differently.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Nature has a way of filling voids left by other plants and animals in a certain area. If there are more of these birds, not only is it possible that it is a sign of potential volcanic or seismic activity or the effects of climate change, but also I would not be surprised if there recently was a species of plant or animal to migrate to or leave the area of Texas that this bird was spotted.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Oh no! More illegal immigrants!

j/k

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   
another lost bird.

we get seagulls in the Mojave desert every few years.

a freak wind storm carries them over the sierras and it takes them a while to find there way back to the coast.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ahimsa

This is a very simple and uncomplicated answer, and not one I even considered. I suppose that if this is going to be a trend among the dinky, then we should see more soon, otherwise your scenario is very likely.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Flaged your thread and then I stared all your posts, Space Cadet. Thank You for shareing the Information. Would there be other Information for other types of animals acting strangly?

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I saw a whole flock of them looking for work outside a Home Depot today. Br afraid, very afriad!

new topics

top topics

join