It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird noise right now

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
So for the past several hours there has been a strange loud noise almost identical to the sound of a very large very low flying plane flying right above me. However there is no aircraft in sight at all. The only thing visible is a few very distant airplanes barley seen blinking in the sky and some stationary color changing flashing lights in the sky (stars possibly?). Can anyone offer any insight or perhaps a way to find an explanation for the noise?

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Your in Missouri, its probably millitary.

How close are you to train tracks?

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Not very close to the train tracks. Lived right by them for a while though nothing similar to sounds I have heard from the trains and definitely nothing lasting this long.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Winsor

Well, mind you I am just speculating, and I dont know where you live, how close to factories, freeways, subways, railways, etc, and whether or not you have a large mechanical device on top of your house.

However, assuming you have eliminated most of those obvious possible sources, maybe it is a noise coming from the Earth itself.

en.wikipedia.org...

Some speculate that these hums are from deep within the Earth and are caused by geologic activity.

Edit to add,

Does that sound like it could be possible? I am curious, particularly because of all the crazy earthquake and volcanic stuff going on around the world right now.

[edit on 8-1-2009 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Ah ok so i think i may have found an answer. Supposedly it is planes being "warmed up" on the ground at a nearby air force base. I guess if they were running multiple planes on the ground at the same time it would make sense. The air force base is probably around 15-30 miles from here.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Whiteman? Is that the one you are talking about?

Did you know they have phased out the B2's?

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Rosecrans AFB in Elwood kansas actually just over the river from where I am.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
can your record this noise and share it ?

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Winsor

this IS strange... i notice you're in the USA?! well i'm in the UK, and yesterday 10 january, i heard exactly what you describe! never in my life have i heard such a noise / sound! it actually scared me. it was not normal. for a few hours between 6pm & 10pm. at first i thought it was thunder, but when i realised it was 'still' there, i started taking more notice. definitely wasn't thunder. i went outside, it was coming from the sky that's for sure, very loud, rumbling but not 'moving' as storms do. it was overhead like a low flying plane, but didnt go anywhere! no planes in sight & clear sky, although dark. i could FEEL it in the atmosphere!

no matter WHAT i imagined it could have been, as id never heard it before, ever... i knew it it was not anything 'usual'. my son heard it &knew it was not normal. my friend 250 miles away heard 'something', went on her balcony but thought it was thunder etc...

if it WAS thunder, why have i never heard it before? it stopped as quick as it started!

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I've just come online to check about these low-freq noises, as I have also heard the same earlier.

About [1.45am] I went outside to have a smoke and I heard the same thing while being out there which reminded me about the type which people tak about relating to something braking the sound barrier. Similar

This lasted for about 2 minutes, each staying from 10-20 seconds and then stopping for the same time. It sounded to be very high-up in the sky and as you've mentioned - didn't sound like the usual craft/train.

Strange. I'm also in the UK.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Incoming meteors or bolides, perhaps?

We are passing through the delta Cancrids stream at the moment.

Kinda creepy, though.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Winsor

I live about 7 miles from Barksdale AFB and about 5 miles from the Regional here. On overcast nights, I can hear the jets from the regional being run up due to the sound reflecting off the clouds I'm sure. And on humid overcast mornings, I can smell the jet fuel from the AFB when the winds are right for it.

Just an added tidbit

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I'm not in the states and I hear it all the time.... I always thought it was them laying chemtrails under the cloud cover but they never seem to move sometimes and just come up all the time...
Link(4th video down)

Now that more are hearing it like I am, I'm suspecting its part of the symptoms of being bombarded with MicroWave energy...

Do any of you also have frequent headaches, problems with teeth/gums, meningers(ringing in the ears), these are some of the symptoms...

The teeth problems could be loose teeth with no pain.... No dreams for several months.... etc...

Just my 2cents
Rgds

Edit grammer

[edit on 13-1-2009 by AllTiedTogether]

top topics

join