It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bright Star-like object in night sky

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by AngelInterceptor
Hell in a hand basket, some of you seem determined to have a non-logical explanation for a perfectly normal thing.

The VERY BRIGHT object you are seeing around dusk is the planet Venus.

Other objects seen at around the same time are probably Mercury or Saturn. (Without checking current star charts for your location I cannot say for sure.)
What I can say for sure is that the bright object you are seeing (given the locations of your sightings (from your posts)) is not sinister in any way. It IS Venus. Other objects seen moving with it are other planets. If you regularly read astronomy magazines you can follow the movementy of the planets easily.

Give me a while and I will post a few photos of Venus and other planets in conjuction (in a line) that I took a few years ago.

I think that you misunderstood what most of us are saying here.

Most of us are not disputing that the object is Venus. We are saying that we never noticed it to be so predominant in the sky before. Many of us have noticed what appears to be a change in our night sky and wondering when and why.

No one is saying it is something sinister. We are not idiots we are just curious.

If you have information to share we all would happy to see it. We came here for answers. I for one hoped that someone would have a rational and well presented answer.

If you are the owner of the information then we thank you.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by metaldemon2000

Iam88yrs I have watched the sky a lot. The message that I just read explanes what I have been seeing for some time, I a m on road 82 running east/west. For some time, if I thought of it, I wouldstand on the road, the first day of summer and watch the sun set on the road. After the big tsunami, the sun had already set on the road and set north of it.oldtimer

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I don't think so we need to report UFO any more as all governments around the world are involved in cover up check out Latest Greece Cover-Up www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by NightSkyeB4DawnI think that you misunderstood what most of us are saying here.

Most of us are not disputing that the object is Venus. We are saying that we never noticed it to be so predominant in the sky before. Many of us have noticed what appears to be a change in our night sky and wondering when and why.

My apologies then, I did misunderstand.

Here are the pictures I mentioned. The first shows Venus on its own and the second shows Venus in conjunction with other planets.

img.photobucket.com...
img.photobucket.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
This object is not Venus. It is far too big to be a planet. Nor is it even where Venus is supposed to be right now. Share International predicted the appearance of this "star" in a press release they issued on Dec. 12. Google search "star like appearance". Can't miss it.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I also have been seeing this over Jacksonville, Florida. I was wondering what it is and why there is nothing in the press about it.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Ive seen the "morning star" before.
i used to watch it fade in the sunrise every morning.
and for the past year or so ive noticed that object in the sky get bigger and brighter.
my gut really is telling me that isnt a star Or a planet.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
The curiosity killed the cat on this one... The object is without a doubt Venus, I can see the phase of it with even a cheap $60 45X reflector telescope, put in the 120X eyepiece you can even see the rest of the orb and the fine cloud bands. The reason it is so bright is that there is an INTENSE electrical/auroral storm going on in the upper atmosphere of the planet causing a bright blue glow to be emitted from the upper atmosphere near where the sun is hitting it. I find it odd it's doing this because the sun isn't at a solar cycle peak, if it were a flare activity strong enough to do this all or satellites-if not the earth itself- would be toasted by now...

My best guess what is causing this is extreme instabilities in it's magnetic field, something akin to a pole shift of the crustal displacement type.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngelInterceptor
Hell in a hand basket, some of you seem determined to have a non-logical explanation for a perfectly normal thing.
The VERY BRIGHT object you are seeing around dusk is the planet Venus.

yeah we get that its VENUS

But I have been watching the sky for over 30 years and have never observed Venus THIS BRIGHT AND THIS LARGE which seems to me a LOT of other people are commenting on and noticing...

We KNOW its Venus... but there is no denying its brighter than it has been over many years...

So how about we address THAT?

[edit on 11-2-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
We KNOW its Venus... but there is no denying its brighter than it has been over many years...

So how about we address THAT?

Hi Zorgan, I live in the North West of England, roughly here -

Google map

Every night between 6PM and 8PM I'm observing an incredibly bright 'star' which after reading this thread am assuming to be Venus. It rises from the South West, before setting in the North West.

Is this the same 'star' being discussed here?

I, my friends and my parents have never witnessed ANYTHING this bright in the local skies, and we are talking 60+ years here.

I shall attempt to take a photograph on the next clear night.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   
The brightening of Venus is easily explained and happens all the time. You just have to observe it frequently to understand how it works.

Venus travels in an orbit around the Sun. The Earth travels in a larger orbit, so Venus is on the inside track. They go around at different speeds, so sometimes, Venus is a long way from Earth, sometimes it's close. The distance varies between 261 million kilometers and only 38 million km. So when Venus is far away, it looks smaller and dimmer. When it's close it is bigger and brighter. That's what's happening right now. Venus is fast approaching Earth and will continue to brighten until late February. It will then overtake us and start to move away, getting smaller and dimmer.

Here's a drawing I did specially for you.

WG3

[edit on 12-2-2009 by waveguide3]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by waveguide3

Thanks waveguide3, that's a good explanation.

EDIT: I answered my own question. It's Venus I'm seeing.

[edit on 12/2/09 by thebox]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by waveguide3

Thanks waveguide, good simple explanation

2nd line to say, have a star

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Hi
Here in Ireland and I have been watching the bright light now since our winter time came in. I actually thought that there were two bright lights together for a while but now it appears there are only two?. Looked it up on another board and they are talking that it will be at its brighest upto 14.2.09 - the board has been going for about 2 years.!!. Would be interested to know if anyone noticed the second light.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Interestingly, all the major planets are now lined up in the same quadrant of sky. Uranus is very faint and not shown here, but it's between the Sun and Venus. Neptune is actually behind the Sun atm, so it's all a bit unusual. I suppose this will have some sort of powerful astrological meaning to those who believe in the celestial signs. This is today's view using Stellarium. I blocked out the Sun's glare so they're visible.

WG3

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by waveguide3
The brightening of Venus is ...

Thanks, your explanation makes sense. Still I'm amazed at how bright this thing is.

Took pics:

That was with my cellphone camera that doesn't capture very well things at night. I'm going to try to get a close up with my nikon.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
LOL "Bright starlike object in the nightsky" laughed so hard when I read that title, thats like Green leaflike object on tree or Fiery sunlike object in the daysky excactly where the sun used to be.

Sorry, after reading it does seem pretty legite thoug, just that title bro, lol

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by waveguide3
The brightening of Venus is easily explained and happens all the time.

Well not ALL the time... but at least the answer got out.

Now we will see another 15 pages generated because only a few will see your post...

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Your not the only one! Ive been seeing that light too now for a very long time. It looks like its getting brighter by the month. and for some reason im always looking for it. For me i start seeing it at or around 5pm. sometimes even while the sun is still fully visible but ver vaugly. And I have never seen it before, but i doubt that its any planet because ive never seen a plant last that long in the sky.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Venus is very bright and I have filmed it using a web cam with a 6" reflecting telescope.See below.You can just about make out the shape of the phase through the glare. Enjoy

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join