It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans miffed at Howard bumping Obamas out of home

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I know the original story says Americans are miffed at Bush and Howard, but as I look around and read the articles, I see MANY more Americans "miffed" at Obama for having the audacity to ask to stay in Blair House than I see people who are miffed at Bush. We don't expect anything else from Bush. He's a child.

The Obama haters are in full force (much like in this thread
) ragging on Obama for his hotel cost, his decision to send his kids to Sidwell, and generally just expressing their sour grapes at Obama. THEY'RE the ones that are miffed.

Because Obama can take it. He's the bigger man. He's a much bigger and better man that Bush could ever hope to be.

[edit on 8-1-2009 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
New York Times

Obama transition officials, who have been trying hard to highlight how well the Bush and the Obama families have been getting along, were quick to say that they were not angry about being turned away. “The White House has been extremely accommodating to the Obama family needs — and the entire process has been smooth and friendly,” a transition official said.

White House officials said the protocol was that Blair House is available to presidents-elect starting Jan. 15, five days before the inauguration.

White House protocol – Blair House is available to presidents-elect 5 days before inauguration.

NY TIMES The Clintons stayed at the same hotel rather then the Blair House as well.

For those interested.
Official Blair House site
Virtual Tour of the Blair House

well that puts a different spin on it.

thanks

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
White House protocol – Blair House is available to presidents-elect 5 days before inauguration.

White House officials (Bush cronies) stated the protocol and that's your link to these "rules"?

The Clintons stayed at the same hotel rather then the Blair House as well.

Clinton CHOSE to stay in the hotel, but had full access to Blair House and held meetings there. He was graciously given complete access by George HW Bush.

Originally posted by masonwatcher
well that puts a different spin on it.

Spin is right.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
We can all rest at ease now.
I have found a lodging solution to solve every concern.

www.hiwashingtondc.org...

edit to add:

I am willing to chip in for a membership for the Obamas.

[edit on 8-1-2009 by jibeho]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

1. Who cares.
2. Who cares.
3. If all else fails, refer to points 1 and 2.

Can I pick all 3? haha

your right this is so stupid and pointless...

oh did i just hear a toilet flush?
sounds like america already went down the drain...

just took the virtual tour, what a Ugly house! all the rooms are cluttered and the colors are horrific!

Id rather stay in a nice hotel as well.
[edit on 8-1-2009 by muzzleflash]

[edit on 8-1-2009 by muzzleflash]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Because Obama can take it. He's the bigger man. He's a much bigger and better man that Bush could ever hope to be.

I think time will have to be the judge of that. As Obama fans are quick to point out, "he hasn't even taken office yet."

Honest to God, I can't figure out why he inspires such allegiance. Again, he hasn't taken office yet. While you sing his praises, I hope you at least have your fingers crossed that he's the saviour you think he is and that his change is something tangible and not just a mantra.

We'll see just how much he can take in the coming months.

As for where he's staying? Who gives a flying flip? He'll be in the White House on my dime soon enough.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Well for something that caused "a firestorm of controversy" I have heard nothing. Nada. Zip. And I watch the news, and read the internet. In fact, after your comment that Americans need to get a grip, I got one, and then looked at your source. It is an Australian paper. Then, I decided to do a quick google just to see if I could find a firestorm of controversy on any American sites.

I found nothing. Now, this is not to say that there are NO American sources for this news story. I am sure if I were diligent I could find SOMETHING. But, I am a relatively good searcher, and source out a lot of stuff, and after a few minutes of trying different terms found nothing American at all. Which indicates to me the firestorm must be in Australia.

Maybe you guys are the ones who need to get a grip, seeing as how it is your press making a big deal out of it, and you making an issue out of it here.

Just more scapegoating of America folks, nothing to see here, move along....

[edit on 8-1-2009 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

1. Who cares.
2. Who cares.
3. If all else fails, refer to points 1 and 2.

LOL! I'll take box number 4...

4. All of the above!

Poor Barack! *sniff* - *sob* - *boo-bloody-hoo*!

Fair is fair, though I despise little Johny (I can't bowl a cricket ball to save my life) Howard, he did book the place earlier. Reservations are reservations - end of story. Surely people have worse things to whinge about atm?

Thanks for the giggle Kryties

In the interests of backing up my posts with facts...

"Well Bowled Johnie" "How's Your Toe?"

Google Video Link

Oh the Humanity of it all!

IRM

[edit on 9/1/09 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Why should the rules for Obama be any different ?
The rules say 5 days before taking office.
5 days are five days are 5 days.
Did any other president elect get different treatment?

[edit on 9-1-2009 by Muundoggie]

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Mikey84

Your post made me laugh. A star for your post.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   

PS: Oh, if anyone sees the Obama’s – tell them to make sure they wash the sheets before the move it, I’m sure Howard has had Bush over a few times.

*rofl* Oh! What about when Kevin07, PrimeTourist of Australia will invite the Chinese leader over for afew nights...

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Obama is the most admired man in America.

What? When did this happen? He's never lead a team to a SUper Bowl, World Series, or NBA championship... nor has he starred in a major motion picture.

To the OP, as sensationalistic as these articles are, please don't buy the crap they are trying to sell you. I work in one of the most liberal, pro-Obama cess pools in America, Seattle, Washington. If there was a place anywhere in America where even the slightest quantity of liberal angst and "outrage" is immediately absorbed and turned into a 3 ring circus, it is Seattle. I have heard absolutely nothing about this issue. No huge ranting columns in the Times by locals, no overly dramatic drivel by that jackass Hank Scramm on the news, no uptight Seattlites bantering about it around the lunchroom at work, nothing.

I find anything which inconveniences Obama to be amusing. So maybe they should write a more accurate story titled: "Some Americans Bemused at Howard Inconveniencing the Obamas."

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Howard is only going to be staying there for 1 night.
So why can't the Obamas move in the next night?
I kind of don't get what the big deal is??

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Bush is being a big baby. This just costs taxpayers a lot of unnecessary money when in all practicality the place could be used for something useful, other than housing a bum of an ex-PM for one night out of the 3 weeks between new year's and the inauguration.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
WHAT'S UP WITH THE 1 NIGHT? Did he let rezko move back in? or does he wanna get out of chicago,so he doesn't get questioned about daniel young and his 2 friends?

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I wonder how the people in tent cities feel when they hear this on the news. I see it as 318 empty rooms. I shake my head in amazement when I think these are the people who are running the country.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Thats ok, I know most people dont see some things as clearly as others.

I only knew because SNL mentioned it!

www.nydailynews.com...

Barack Obama voted man Americans admire most in new poll

Americans says Barack Obama is the man they admire most in the world, according to a Gallup poll, marking the first time a president-elect has topped the annual survey in more than half a century.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flighty
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I kind of don't get what the big deal is??

I don't either.
I don't think it is a big deal. See my post on page one.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by soldiermom
I think time will have to be the judge of that. As Obama fans are quick to point out, "he hasn't even taken office yet."

Ah, yes, I've said that a hundred times.
But if people are willing to criticize him before he's even taken office, it should be all right to admire and commend him before he takes office, as well, right? I mean, we don't want things to be one-sided here... Do we? At least I don't.

Honest to God, I can't figure out why he inspires such allegiance.

And I can't figure out what inspires such hatred. So, again, different people have different opinions. I'm comfortable with that.

I hope you at least have your fingers crossed that he's the saviour you think he is and that his change is something tangible and not just a mantra.

I don't think he's a "savior". The only people who say that are his critics, in an attempt to insult Obama supporters.
In fact, I have a very balanced opinion of his policies. There are some I strongly disagree with and have said so here. In fact, most of the Obama supporters left on ATS have criticized him at one point or another. People don't criticize someone they think of as their "savior", do they?

And in the interest of disclosure, I AM hoping he is what he has put forth and I do have my fingers crossed that he fulfills at least most of the promises he made during the campaign. Yeah, I hope he's a good president.

Who gives a flying flip?

As I said above, I'm not at all upset about where he's staying. From what I've read in this thread, the loudest voices of disgust are from his detractors, claiming there are "rules" and ragging on Obama's school choice and whatnot. Read the thread. The most his supporters are claiming is "puzzlement" and childishness of Bush. Obama's detractors are the ones throwing tantrums.

The truth is, Obama detractors are making a big deal out of this to try to make Obama look ... wait for it... ELITE!
What else is new?

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Miffed? They could stick his crook butt in the tool shed right next to Dub and Dick and I wouldn't give a rats rear!

America has real problems! Hell, my friend just got laid off from her job. They told her she's a great employee, but they are cutting 25 jobs at their Tulsa location. This gals got a daughter and she isn't a welfare queen, she's very stubborn about that.
She's got 2 months reserve cash. If she does find work soon I am going to let her live in one of my rent houses rent free until she's back on her feet.

So, if 'his greatness' has to sleep in a five star, whoopy-fargin-doo!

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

You'd think someone like that wouldnt be '' bumped '' from staying in a hotel that is used by president elects before they are innagurated.

And to be bumped by Howard?

You completely missed the facts here. As several others posted above, the house (not hotel) is available five days prior to the inauguration for the incoming first family. Obama asked to use for a period of time much larger than five days. First come first served.

Howard is a guest of the country and I'm sure his trip was planned long before Obama asked or an exception to the usual practice of staying at Blair House sooner.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join