It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery Roar from Faraway Space Detected

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exitt

No, it is not the same story and no, those dates do not match. Please read more carefully. The real signal was discovered in 2006.

Like so many of you i would love to find out what else they discovered later on. We should ask NASA in one of their FAQ sections

Terribly sorry.

I read it as posted on 8-1-2009 and the above report as occurring on 28 October, leaving a gap of 3 months... but yes it was a good number of years earlier. You're quite right, apologies, it was a lazy skim read on my part.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by chocise

Originally posted by Exitt

No, it is not the same story and no, those dates do not match. Please read more carefully. The real signal was discovered in 2006.

Like so many of you i would love to find out what else they discovered later on. We should ask NASA in one of their FAQ sections

Terribly sorry.

I read it as posted on 8-1-2009 and the above report as occurring on 28 October, leaving a gap of 3 months... but yes it was a good number of years earlier. You're quite right, apologies, it was a lazy skim read on my part.

you almost cannot be blamed on that when all the crap on your internet screen seems to be meant to distract you from anything important.

i have to consider that this may be the reason I cannot find what I am looking for but it's not because I'm not looking. It's all this irrelevant crap that one has to read through, all the scribbly drawings that mean nothing to the layman and terms that have to be cross referenced.

why can i not just find the straight word on why so many people believe the SR is increasing compared to an OFFICIAL study ON JUST THAT..... JUST THOSE TERMS, not adding all this other stuff about studying early galaxies and crap, but they just bog bog bog the issue.

that reeks in itself. It shouldn't be this difficult to find the answer to a question but it appears from reading other articles that there is a HUGE debate as to whether or not the SR is increasing and why and if it's EVEN being studied.

If this is true and we leave survival up to these wingnuts, mankind will likely get wiped out. they would cry RESOURCES but I say, what about innovation, ingenuity and hope? They will say "LOOK IT'S ON PAPER IN BLACK AND WHITE"...people jus CONSUME CONSUME CONSUME and would use everything up. Well, YEAH... WHEN CONSUMING IS WHAT WE ARE TOLD TO DO and to buy into the system. Look around at your neighbors. if they learned that this was true and understood even what it COULD mean, don't you think property tax lines would all of the sudden become less important? MORE have a chance of survival that LESS. there are ways to derive oxygen, there are ways to adapt species, there are ways to avoid calamity but what if we are simply not being given the chance because they think they OWN cosmic info.

They do not OWN the truth.

If this is true, these assholes are going to throw the collective consciousness that gravitates to this planet back into the amoeba stage.

how many times will we have to do this over and over and over.... all this is actually probably a rerun one only one simple little thing changes each time we completely rehash this planets lifeform history.

we have cycled and cycled and cycled millions of times just to get to this point and they are going to throw us all the way simply because we don't DESERVE life if we can't respect each others.

they will screw everything up on that principle alone.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
True enough BSD. Anyone questioning the status-quo gets deleted on the physics forum, which is pretty much analogous to what happens in RL.

Just done some digging and it's still a very odd, unexpected anomaly which points to some rare, extreme event.

This source is homologous, 6 times bigger than the background blurb [6 x bigger than the original BB] and yet only an estimated 7 billion years old.

Some have postulated it must have been an explosion of greater magnitude than any super novae. A gamma ray burst was detected on Dec. 14, 1997, by the Italian/Dutch BeppoSAX satellite and NASA's Compton Gamma Ray Observatory satellite which released a hundred times more energy than previously theorized, making it the most powerful explosion since the creation of the universe, so perhaps something similar could explain it...

"The energy released by this burst in its first few seconds staggers the imagination," said Caltech professor Shrinivas Kulkarni, the other principal investigator on the team. The burst appears to have released several hundred times more energy than an exploding star, called a supernova, until now the most energetic known phenomenon in the universe. Finding such a large energy release over such a brief period of time is unprecedented in astronomy, except for the Big Bang itself. "In a region about a hundred miles across, the burst created conditions like those in the early universe, about one millisecond (1/1,000 of a second) after the Big Bang," said Djorgovski.

This large amount of energy was a surprise to astronomers.

"Most of the theoretical models proposed to explain these bursts cannot explain this much energy," said Kulkarni. "However, there are recent models, involving rotating black holes, which can work. On the other hand, this is such an extreme phenomenon that it is possible we are dealing with something completely unanticipated and even more exotic."
edit on 30-12-2011 by chocise because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join