It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Own Religion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I have made a few threads and posts relating to what I am about to post here. The idea is peace.

Why believe in something that will end us all?
Why believe that evil must exist?
Why not believe that evil can be extinguished?

What if life, existence itself, has ALWAYS been here. What if God has been putting the human race on planets for all of eternity, and even up until now, has failed to pass one simple challenge. To live in harmony. What if it is our goal to learn, and teach each other that once we live in harmony, we can finally learn the real existence to live? Maybe once every human can live in peace God will present himself and tell us of the challenge we have completed? After that, knowing the meaning of life, we can then live in eternal happiness, as a present from God.

History is doomed to repeat itself. I do NOT like to believe this. Yes it has been evident that it has occurred...but on a larger scale, like LIFE, it does not have to be true.

In a universe that everything is unexplainable, everything is possible.

I understand many other religions teach us to be good. If you do not want to believe in one of those, why not take such an idea as this one to mind?

It is simple. It does not have many rules. All the point of my religion is to live in harmony. We all have our slips. Try to do positive than negative.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
what ever floats your boat!

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by FritosBBQTwist

I wouldn't call that a religion, more of a philosophy.
It's never going to happen though. There has to be a balance. If everyone is on one side of the line then someone will cross the line just to be different.
We naturally balance each other out. "Good" exists because there is "evil", but they're not what they appear to be on the surface - they both seek the same general goals.
Not everyone wants peace so there will never be a utopia.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Good philosophy, but not sufficient to be a religion. "Being in harmony with each other" doesn't cover lightning strikes, tornadoes, tsunamis, and other 'acts of God,' which is one of the requirements.

Now, if you're anthropomorphizing this harmony into a kinds of karmic thing, then it's not that new-but it does cover the accidents - 'What did I ever do to deserve the rain of frogs?' Oh, yeah, I disrespected that guy who cut me off in rush hour yesterday....

[edited for example]

[edit on 7-1-2009 by lostbug]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
If people would follow this philosophy as they do religion, then the world would be perfect. Even with death and suffering, because we would have no fear and learn to overcome all things. Some people, like myself, already follow this philosophy. The majority of society does not, they are ruled by fear and that leads to hatred and anger and all the things that are seen as evil in their religions. They think they have to make their lives better and be better people, but in reality everything is exactly how God wants it to be. The root of this "problem" is fear, and the solution is love. If I was struck down by lightning right now, it wouldn't be a problem, just a new and incredible experience, whether I survived it or not.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
This is my other thread saying that there needs to be a balance between "good" and "evil".

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

Someone posted and said that they hope I do not have that idea concreted in my head which was a very good point - even if they did not catch my drift anyways

Call my "philosophy" what you want. Call a religion what you want. Same difference.

I am a Christian by birth and have attended church and classes, but not much at all recently. In fact, not at all.

Yes - let us be realistic. There is evil. It seems like there will always be evil. THAT sounds realistic.

As true as it may be, after thinking about it, it does not seem the right code to live by. In a universe that is unexplainable, everything is possible. We have yet to touch or ever touch "everything" that is learn able.

I used to be against organized religion. I still am to a point. I used to even think it is a joke, and still do believe some of its followers are tools. That is the reason I posted this. There is no giant book of "lies" (My opinion referring to past historical books). There are no rules such as fasting. The thing is, this is a "theory". So is the fact that good does not exist without evil. Now, WHY would you pick the THEORY - something that IS NOT PROVEN - over something that could actually make the world a better place?

Also - what type of logic is it to say you are a "good" person but none of your actions really matter because they will be canceled out by an "evil" person?

The lesson in my OP was to say point out that we should just try to make the world a better place. The smallest actions can truly affect someones life for the better.

What makes this balance have to include violence? Could the balance be a difference of ideas, that balance each other, WITHOUT having anything to do with spewing hate/violence/bad emotions?

There is always a time to joke. A favorite quote of mine is "Take everything in moderation, even moderation" or whatever. I am not some tree hugging hippie. Even with this in my mind - I am SURE to hurt feelings in the future. The goal is still to make a positive impact.

Sorry for the long post

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
It is a wonderful idea you have there but impossible to ever obtain. What about the people that are truly psychotic and without any meds can’t help their actions. Also the wackos that would just rather see the world burn as see it in peace. We are still animals and the strong will always prey on the weak, it sucks but hey that’s life.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
There will always be those types of people. Maybe down the road with future medicine advances it could be negated to a very small percent.

On this earth it seems as if evil will always exist. Whether eliminated, new born babies will take its place somewhere. Do some of you think there will always be the current balance of violence out there?

Or will it come to a time where it is such a small minority it can not escalate?

This could be 200 years. We could also blow ourselves up or have a natural disaster kill us.

Whatever you want to classify humans as, what makes it IMPOSSIBLE to stop the escalation of killing and torture etc to a bare minimum?

In our current state in the world I would also say it is impossible. But what if we hit a stage where peace is a viable option and technology also helps us come to such a point?

P.S - I have contradicted myself in many other threads. When I make these posts I do not believe in such a literal since. It is an idea. An idea always has the potential of being true when it is a case like this. no matter how small that chance it.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Out side of making everyone that lives a medicated zombie. Not going to happen. What will technology do. Everyone has a mini electroshock therapy device hooked up in their brain for when a bad or evil thought crosses through our minds. I am sorry I would rather have my free will and live today then just be a drone in a utopian society.

I am sorry but as I said earlier we are animals in the end. The weak will always fall prey to the strong unless the weak come together and make a stand against the strong. Besides it would be too boring if everyone was good and we lived in utopia.

We all do bad things. Nobody today is a saint. How would you deal with people that do bad things in this utopia. How would you enforce people to take their meds. You can’t have punishment in this utopia because the drones would see something bad happening to someone .

It's a great dream to have that man kind could live like this, but to me it is just that a dream.For those who believe as I do we will have that utopia, but it will not be made by man.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
By no means when I said technology, It would be used in the way you portray. Down the road it could be possible to eliminate certain traits that cause psycho like symptoms etc. I do not see how that would eliminate the worlds free will if such symptoms were removed. edit - Also...technology can mean anything. Such as very efficient energy use.

I do not believe in "Utopia" - or at least not formed by man. I do see something close to it though.

Do you doubt the possibility of a future, 100, 200, 300, 400, and so on years down the road (If we do not become extinct from natural causes), where crime rates are at an all time low - and I mean VERY low, economy is booming where the world and its citizens all have a good start in life - not one in extreme poverty? Do you think that there will never be a world order that actually works?

I believe in survival of the fittest as well. An example relating to nowadays "Weak" people (No offense to anyone), could possibly be people born with diseases leaving them to die? Could this not be cured 99.99% of the time or more?

I am not naive and I understand that there will ALWAYS be a crime. There will ALWAYS be weak. Are you saying though that the world situation will never get better than it is now? Then who is to say (goes both ways to me and you) that this "better world" could go to great points?

In my OP, when saying things such as eternal happiness from god etc, I was using that as a possible way to help get my point across, whether that has failed or not, it is not meant to be taken literal.

You say it would be boring with some bad in life...I can joke quite well with others, hold arguments, and even curse at others in a way that still does not hold hate or violence, yet is still "fun".

Do some of you seriously think it is impossible for our race to actually come to a point in our lives where we do not have genocide and starvation across the world?

Thank you guys for the discussion. I try to educate myself while others at the same time if possible

[edit on 7-1-2009 by FritosBBQTwist]

[edit on 7-1-2009 by FritosBBQTwist]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I see the point you are tying to make here, I really do. But, the only way I could see this coming to fruition is after a global catastrophe. Then maybe the people and what is left of our physical society, schools, hospitals, labs ect… They would realize that there has to be a major change or we would end right back where we started. But until you can wipe out greed, not one part of this is feasible. Greed really is the reason man continues on a downward spiral. But, wipe out greed and all of the greedy and this is very possible.

[edit on 7-1-2009 by Ant4AU]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I see your point of view too. All of this is just a theory, possibility and thoughts on it
Thanks for your opinion.

Anyone else want to comment?

top topics

join