It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God is corrupt. (sound reasoning)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
So we all share the belief that knowledge is power.

Most of us believe that absolute power corrupts absolutely.

God has absolute knowledge, therefore absolute power.

How can he NOT be corrupt?

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
the simple answer to that is, god isnt human and thus is not affected by corruption as we are

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
God created man in his own image. Therefore it is reasonable to assume he is just like us but with absolute knowledge.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
entirely depends on what way you look at it, it could be argued that god abdicated absolute power by giving us free will.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperSecretSquirrel

Humans are corrupt, anything they say must be taken with a pinch of salt, although we're the salt of the earth, apparently lol

Seriously, do you honestly believe that god looks human? I certainly do not believe in that kind of god, thats all a fairy tale to make man feel important imo.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by enduser

Right on! People need to stop anthropomorphizing God!

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I have no idea what God really looks like. But if you read in the very beginning of Genesis, it states that we are made in his own image. I think we could be "dumbed down" versions of Him.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

The Bible writings are corrupt. The Bible speaks of two Gods. An all loving God would not talk of vengence, hate and killing but the false god of the bible (SATAN) would.
And God is not a "HE" God has no gender.

[edit on 7-1-2009 by Muundoggie]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I do not trust religious literature, its open to corruption. But lets imagine god looked human, do we live in its bowels? in its brain? What created god? If God were like a human it would appear to be impossible for such a thing to exist however, if god were an energy/force, thats a lot more feasible, even from a scientific stand point (albeit a small stand point as god is supposed to be intelligent lol)

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Muundoggie

I do think that the writings are corrupt as well. I use the masculine form (Him and He) for ease. This thread is for all the bible thumpers out there to give them something to think about. I don't take the bible literally but there are many out there that do.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
who cares about corruption

no god, no problem

if god existed, he would be a fag .. just like his believers

-

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperSecretSquirrel
if you read in the very beginning of Genesis, it states that we are made in his own image.

Spiritual image. Not physical image.
God is total spirit and doesn't have a human body.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   

I agree with your reading of Genesis but not your end result hypothesis. God did say let Us make man in OUR Image and likeness. The only creature described that is different among the Angels are the Cherubim, they have 6 sets of wings it says. This is one of the reasons I laugh at all the angelware, the figurines and art and everything angel, they always have wings. Everytime Angels did come down to Earth in the Bible, whether to Abraham, or Lot, or Mary or anyone, they were always assumed to be men. They appeared like men and people saw them as men. Look at Lot's story, the people of the city told Lot to send out the two men so that they could know them.

I would put God outside the box of humans so I can not agree he is evil. But well thought out and posed to us, GOOD JOB!!! I like when I can read a post like this without getting the whole God doesn't exist and you're an idiot for thinking he does bit. So I thank you for your neutrality in your query.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

If that's the case then i would have to concede that god is corrupt. Judging by all those that spout out "love and light", god help humanity! Those "spiritual" people are so full of themselves and so utterly nonspiritual its not even funny
and besides, most religious people i know or have known are very hypocritical and are certainly not holy people by any stretch of the imagination! I know more atheists that are decent people than anything else, ironic really.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Beware of the "therefore" statements because in an attempt to duplicate, the template model breaks down in replicative diminution. For example, "My shoes are black. I drive an old car. Therefore, if a person has black shoes then they drive an old car." Really?

Also, another caution is a statement such as "Most of us believe that..." because truth is not decided by popular opinion. Pre-1800 most people did not believe it was possible for people to fly.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by saint4God

it isn't possible for people to fly, planes fly, people don't.

i think it was christ that suggested the power corrupts thing.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by pieman
it isn't possible for people to fly, planes fly, people don't.

If it helps, I knew that was coming, but to a person in the 1520's to see another person with one of those rocketpacks they zoom around the football stadium with, that person is flying. Gotta love the technicalities, I shall be more exacting in my diction in the future...and who's to say in the future that man alone will not fly?

[edit on 7-1-2009 by saint4God]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
God is a Minority Here At ATS I don't think they allow anti minority post, and I think there is only one God so true minority in that sence. If you want to talk anti something you must refer to white people, that is the only acceptable things persons your can speak of in negative or poke fun of that is accepteble.
So if you are going to speak negative, anti God things please refer to as white God.
You must be correct though white God must be corrupt, look he made us how corrupt could you get.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperSecretSquirrel
How can he NOT be corrupt?

Do a little research on Gnostic Christianity. They contended that the god of the Bible was not the Transinfinite Creator Entity (which is unfathomable and incomprehensible to human beings).

They said that the entity we understand to be "God," is actually a very admittedly powerful demon by the name of Yaldabaoth (Lord Archon) or Saklas/Samael, who created this little "pocket universe" with us in it,was/is insane, only thinks he is the true God of the universe. That's why he seems so needy and vengeful.

It makes some sense. Logically, an omnipotent, infinite being existing beyond time and space wouldn't give two craps about humanity and whether or not it was worshiped. Do we care about the well-being of each of the individual cells in our elbows? Hardly.

So while not exactly "corrupt," the entity in the Bible is certainly delusional and, in human terms, quite psychotic. And we are at its mercy.

The Gnostic Christians determined that since there was no way to really deal with this thing since we basically only exist in its mind and will, the best we could hope to do is stop fighting among ourselves, and be kind to one another, to lessen the living Hell of this existence. Not a bad idea, really. Maybe not as comforting as being rewarded in Heaven for your good works on Earth, but the result is the same -- people being kind to one another.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I have a lot of trouble with the Bible thing. Whose Bible? Who wrote the first one? Who translated it? How accurate was the translation? Who benefited from it? Who has the money? There is always a paper trail and you better believe that a lot of people have bee making money from this book for a long time. Some people don't get smarter they just believe a smarter argument.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join