It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man in Bandana

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Ok, so this morning I was sound asleep and for some odd reason, I woke up. I looked at my clock and it read 3:12. I caught something out of the corner of my eye. I looked over and there was a shadowy figure about 3 ft. from my bed. It was a man with a black bandana over his mouth and nose. He glared at me for awhile. I was so scared I couldn't move or anything. He took two steps toward me and vanished. I think he was trying to deliver a message to me. I'd really appreciate your opinions and thoughts! Thanks!

P.S. I dont do drugs!!!! (I know that some people will say Im on drugs so.....)

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hobbit16
Ok, so this morning I was sound asleep and for some odd reason, I woke up. I looked at my clock and it read 3:12. I caught something out of the corner of my eye. I looked over and there was a shadowy figure about 3 ft. from my bed. It was a man with a black bandana over his mouth and nose. He glared at me for awhile. I was so scared I couldn't move or anything. He took two steps toward me and vanished. I think he was trying to deliver a message to me. I'd really appreciate your opinions and thoughts! Thanks!

Hey Hobbit, well of course the first thing someone is going to think is that you hallucinated it. I can tell you that many times in the middle of the night, in the dark, and without my glasses on I have seen some terrifying stuff. So that would be my first guess that some shirts hanging on a door or something took on the appearance of what you saw. The fact that he did not move or say anything leads me to believe that.
However, let's look at the possibility that you actually saw what you think you saw. If it dematerialized right in front of you then it would have to be a ghost. Do you have any relatives or people you once knew who wore bandanas like that? I don't think the afterlife would try to send you a message like they did to old Scrooge, in a terrifying manner I mean.
The last thing it could be is just a dream and the bandana over the mouth and nose is some sort of symbolism. You may want to get a dream book and look up what it says about that sort of thing.
So that is my two cents. Hallucination, ghost, or dream fragment.
Let us know if it happens again brother!

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Did you feel paralysed at all when you woke up? Just thinking, could be some type of sleep paralysis, as I know from personal experience that it can make people see/hear things when they wake up. Failing that, it could be a dream as the person above me said, maybe if you wern't completely awake. Not to make it sound like you don't know what you saw, just trying to think of logical explanations first.

And as for the bandana over the mouth and nose strikes me as some type of gang/criminal thing, know some do it to cover part of their face, making them less recognisable *shrugs*

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
In me wholy unprofessional opinion it sounds like a typical hypnagogic experience. Wiki articles of interest:

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

Cheers

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hobbit16

Well, as you feel that he tried to tell you something, then he probably was. And if he were, then chances are that he will come back, if it is something important that he want you to know.

Maybe he was from the future?

Reminds me somehow of Shadowpersons, actually. IF it was a Shadowperson, the chances of him returning are pretty big, as they often do.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Ok I did have my glasses off, but it was all too real. And one of my ancestors was Jessie James (the famous outlaw). Maybe it was him? I dunno, Im still trying to figure it out. Do you guys think it could have been him?

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I was thinking it was sleep paralysis, but it couldn't have been, I could move I backed up and tried to wake my little bro up....So it wasn't sleep paralysis.....

top topics

join