It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China vs. The USA: An eye opener

page: 1/
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   
All Americans should read this!

As I was going through my daily grind at work I decided to do a little research on our Chinese neighbors across the pacific and found some rather interesting stuff.

I will present some of them here for your viewing pleasure. First let’s take a look at a few pictures of the modern economic miracle that has transformed what many around the world once thought of as a backwards society that was bulging at the seams with too many people.

So now that we have a good mental picture of the new china lets take a look at some of her newer military hardware shall we?

I know many of you will say that they won’t be able to compete with the newer more high Tech American hardware but I think it’s safe to say that they are not playing around. I also know that many of their newer hardware has not been battle tested Should we just take a chance on that?

China is moving forward with developing a deep ocean navy and as we Americans are spending trillions trying to cover a big black hole where 2 trillion dollars just simply vanished and disappeared. They will be coming out of this Global economic depression probably better off than many countries in the west.

Here are some great links to get you started, I found them to be an eye opener, I think you might be surprised.
Is China A Military Threat To The United States

The Great Dragon Awakens: China Challenges American Hegemony

Finally I highly recommend that before we start any debates on this subject that you take a gander at these very informative videos there are 5 in the set. I would watch them all to really get a good handle on the situation. I think we here in the US need to start watching not only the stock market but also what’s coming down the pike.

Enjoy the videos and I’m looking forward to your comments

Thanks again

SLAY

[edit on 7-1-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I think it is very arogant to say that China is a ''backwards society''. China was the cradle of civilisation as we know it today. If it wasnt for China, the world may possibly be still in the dark ages.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Tha was very spooky to watch!!

Great thread!!

I Sure hope the NWO guys work this oil stuff out or we could be going to war

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   
All this...and they cheat in the Olympics! The bastards!!!

Good find...let's keep an eye on these folks!

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   
i'd just like to point out that the picture above is Hong Kong, which until 97 was leased to Britain. Chinese cities are getting there, but still a ways off from this.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   
i lived in china for years, and im moving out there permanently soon, imo its a much better place with better people and a far more superior social stucture and civilization than america, and in 50 years when they are the main world power the world will reap the benifits, unlike it has with its current dominating force,
everyone i know know in china is happy and wouldnt move here if you paid them, they are well aware they might make a thousand pounds a month but are equally aware of the fact that doesnt last very long here, my fiancee just laughed at me when i asked her to live in the uk with me while im working here for a short time,
right now the opportunities for individuals to make money are fantastic, if you ask them what they would change in their lives all theyd say is the same as you or i, theyd like a bit of a pay rise, but in a culture so family and socially orientated its not the be all and end all
over there my daily life is interesting, educational, every day is different and ive learned more there than i ever have here.

face it, everything your told about china is propoganda. america and the uk are the worst in the world for pointing out eveyone elses flaws, stand back and compare the two and youll be surprised what youll see

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   
So what if China is becoming "modern". That doesnt mean the US has to go to war with them.

Or does it?

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   
War does not even need to involve any military either. One day China will realize it's crazy to do business with the USA, because our funny money is worthless and useless to them (what can they buy from us in return that they couldn't make for less themselves? Our land maybe?). The day they stop trading with us, many more US retailers will go out of business due to a lack of products to sell. This will probably happen this year, and it will drive the economy even further into failure. And that will bankrupt the US government and lead to civil chaos and will result in our invasion by Chinese peacekeepers and subsequent UN rule.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Indeed, great thread Slay.

Just to compare further here are some fairly recent numbers found on one easy search.

Chinese Military Capabilities

Ground Forces
People's Liberation Army (PLA) - 2.5 million
PLA Reserves - 1.2 million
People's Armed Police (Ministry of Defense) - 1.1 million

This shows values as of 2000, I believe, and they were talking about lowering these values, but increasing modernization for said remainder. It's not quite the 200 Million man Army I expected, but it seems far greater than anything we currently have here at the moment, and I'd risk stating far greater than every man in the military at this point, so perhaps it might as well be.

If you take a look at the numbers on that page in any detail, it obviously shows capability far outdoing any third world nation I am currently aware of. The simple fact is that even if they are 'Third World' their sheer numbers would be hard-pressed not to achieve a idly lazy default victory - that is unless the average American citizen truly wakes up to their world.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Why does everything have to be a pissing contest with the US?

The EU is looking at China as thee number one trading partner in the next 10 years, if not sooner. With this, comes improved diplomatic ties and cooperation. We know the size of their buildings and their growing status in the World, but we also know that:

China is 10 - 15 years off being a superpower.
China has a discraceful human rights record and does not deserve our respect until they are capable of treating every human with dignity.
China has huge poverty (whilst this improves, it is still of incredible scale).
China is building due to two factors, 1. insecurity: China have taken a pasting so many times throughout history that a new defense doctrine was required. This relates to 2: in that, they could not afford such defense without the engine of economic prosperity. This requires a capitalist approach to their economics.

One problem arises though, China's bubble is growing too fast, and they could face a 1929 type crash if they do not taper this off.

A decent documentary which explains this US - China relationship can be found in this link: The Ascent of Money

I think he refers to the China - America relationship as 'Chimerica''
so you heard it here first!

This may just be the new American Century that the Neocons had planned for after all!

(Edit to fix link)

[edit on 7-1-2009 by Breifne]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wotan

I think it is very arogant to say that China is a ''backwards society''. China was the cradle of civilisation as we know it today. If it wasnt for China, the world may possibly be still in the dark ages.

I agree that why I mention some once thought. Its obviuosly not the case.
I think maybe some thought China was backwards becuase unlike the rest of the world they and the former Soviets had such a closed society for years and when they pulled back the veil many in the west saw them as if they were back in the 1950s but obviously this is not he case anymore aye?

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by theresult

I Sure hope the NWO guys work this oil stuff out or we could be going to war

My point of this thread is not really to scare anybody more like to make aware than many especialy in the US are not aware that in about 10 or so years there will be a big dragon at the world table and we will need to deal with them as a strong power and not some backwards looking communist country

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by midnightbrigade
i'd just like to point out that the picture above is Hong Kong, which until 97 was leased to Britain. Chinese cities are getting there, but still a ways off from this.

Yeah they have some pretty modern cities outside of Hong kong in their economic free zones, they are up and coming no doubt.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Waldy
So what if China is becoming "modern". That doesnt mean the US has to go to war with them.

Or does it?

You know I hope not, But I keep getting the since that everybody is worried about the US being the agesser here, keep in mind that China may need to fight for her resources.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
China's military power...

According to this particular site anyway.
Pretty good site too.

globalfirepower.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by lagnar

Theres no argument that Chinas massive population allows them to have a massive infantry force but they do have mandatory military service for males (conscription) and if the US had the same thing then we could easily get to that number.
One main difference is that we have the logistics and the funds to be able to project them anywhere in the world and FEED them once they get there.

Hell, in their current state, they would have trouble getting an invasion force to Taiwan much less the US.
However, if I believe all of the conspiracies out there, theyve been working on that problem for a number of years by placing troops and support in Mexico.
They are a force to be reckoned with though, McArthur and several thousand US troops learned that the hard way during Korea.
I wouldnt wanna go up against them.

[edit on 1/7/2009 by Kr0n0s]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Kr0n0s

I hope people didnt get the idea that I was trying to say we are going to fight them or that we should be considering them as an enemy atleast not yet.

I was trying to convey is that this should be an eye opener. and that the west should pay close attention to their activities.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by midnightbrigade

Yeah they have some pretty modern cities outside of Hong kong in their economic free zones, they are up and coming no doubt.

Maybe you should get pictures from here

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Na no problem man, i understand the points you were making and i appreciate the info you provided and you are correct, keeping an eye on them is definitely a good idea.
China is already a force to be reckoned with, economically and militarily, even though there economy is suffering just as bad, if not worse than ours but so is the rest of the worlds i suppose.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by gs001

Thank you for contribution
Thanks for the link
Those are some very pretty skylines

[edit on 7-1-2009 by SLAYER69]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join