It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many times do I have to repeat myself? .... Hollywood is pulling the ultimate mind trick on you.

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by orangetom1999

yes...i generally feel the same....the one point you make that I would like to touch upon would be film/t.v./music not being interactive and not allowing you to debate and think.....

I agree with the debate part--you can't debate it with the writers/directors/producers/studio execs....unless you live in LA or NY and they are willing to sit down for a live audience and answer questions after the showing of their movie....which does happen a decent number of times in LA...

but, even with film,t.v./music etc. you can still think.....and this is where IMO people start to get lost or misled or whatever you want to call it,....for some reason, they really stop using thier critical thinking skills. Maybe they're not really strong in that area to begin with, but, I'm not sure that's the reason for most people. I honestly think it's laziness...mental laziness. It takes time and effort to think through (and sometimes do your own research) and weigh out what's plausable vs. what possible.....what's realistic vs. what's fantasy.....what (if any) is the message....and the list goes on......there are all these things we can take away from an entertainment experience regardless of the media medium....but how much we take away and how reasonable those ideas are depend a lot on how critical we're thinking.

It's funny, because personally, I see conspiracy in the governments handling of UFO's and the Alien issue clear as day....with a number of reasons on the gov's. part for doing so. Yet, there are other topics on here that are brought up and after reading the pro's and con's and digesting all the info...come away thinking.....they're crazy, there's no conspiracy there...

But somehow, there are these people, and not everyone falls into this category, that see conspiracy no matter where they look. They see it. If it's not there, they will invent it to meet their needs and they will troll the internet in order to find any piece of info, regardless of it's validity and use, mold and sometimes force that info to fit their specific conspiracy need.

I just think that this particular issue (the Hollywood = Illuminati & NWO) fits into that category.

Let's say you take 2 different conspiracies.....UFO/aliens and the Hollywood one ...and we put them side by side and examine the evidence each brings forth to support the respective claims....in your opinion, do they both stack up the same? Or do they have different attributes which gives one or the other more validity?

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by nsaeyes

nsaeyes,

I agree with the basic outline of what you are stating above this post. Yes indeed, many seem wont to stop using thier critical thinking skills.

The pattern or conditioning I notice is that many would rather emote than think. I believe this conditioning has been carefully cultivated...going back to the beginings of the talk show days..Phil Donahue and others of this genre. Politics, which finances public education, did not fail to notice this trend as a control mechanism on the public. Emotional cultivation...ie..."The Victim Dictum."
In my mind this is part of the long range objective behind Hollywood, Television, public education, and politics being in bed together...to cultivate overly emotional predictable, controllable, malliable, puppets for the voting booth.

For many peoples emoting and emotions is the same thing as being correct or even justified. I dont think so. My instincts tell me to be very careful of emotions. I am not against emotions..dont misunderstand me here. I am just saying be very careful. There seem to be whole institutions out here which prey on peoples emotions towords instant gratification..instant justificatioin...in seperating us from our moneys, votes and our abilities to think for ourselves, verses emote. Movies and television fit this bill of fare quite readily.

Once I begin to get a pulse on on this type of fingerprint or controled thinking, I began the trek of observing what I described as people I knew or to whom I ran into contact who cannot describe a thought or moral principle outside of a movie or television program they have watched. I have also taught several people I know this very index for which to observe human interaction. How little original thinking is going on out here. Many of them have confirmed this from what they themselves have discerned among the peoples for whom they come into contact.

Not to be exceedingly hard on the trade but I also have noticed how many unoriginal scripts are coming out of Hollywood and television. There are entirely to many remakes or even now they are resorting to comic book plots and scripts. I am so slow in some things it took me awhile to become aware of this. Until this line of thought, I never knew anything about Frank Miller. I only know this because a couple of the guys at work are serious comic book collecters and trivia buffs.
I have been forced to ask myself ..are there any orignial thinkers and writers in these fields anymore?? Is someone out here so hard up they must resort to comic book scripts to make moneys from peoples susceptability and non thinking?? Are we to remain perpetual children to seperate us from our moneys and votes??

I have refrained from checking out the video Pirates of the Caribbean and also the latest Batman chronicle.

I dont think I could survive a Rocky 39 or a Rambo 96.....nor a Batman 51.

You know nsaeyes..one of the last enjoyable movies I watched was one with Robert Redford, Morgan Freeman and Jennifer Lopez titled .. "An Unfinished Life."
It was some years back since this movie came out but it was enjoyable.
I dont particularly like Jennifer Lopez or her music, but I thought she did a good job on this movie.

Somehow I feel like this movie managed to slip past the standard bill of fare coming out of Hollywood of late. Nonetheless I enjoyed it greatly.

Oh..and one more thing here. I too see conspiracy coming out of the governments handling of the UFO phenomonon. I dont happen to think they are UFOs at all. I think they are FOs....they have identified them very well.

Well.. nsaeyes..I think you get my points here.
Thanks for your post,

Orangetom

[edit on 10-1-2009 by orangetom1999]

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

I think you are absolutle correct when you suspect an Illuminatti/Luciferian agenda in Hollywood. One of your posts pointed to "The Wizard of Oz" as an early example. I've been a film fan all of my life and through my research I've found that occultism has been an integral part of the movie business since the beginning. It was planned that way hence the name "Hollywood" ( holly wood is the wood used by druid preists for divination rods used in rituals). Dabbling in the "black" arts has been encouraged in many Hollywood circles since the days of Valentino and his priestess Allah Nazimova (BTW she was Nancy Reagan's "Godmother"). There's way too much information to go into intense detail here but I'd love to discuss it with you sometime.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I got to this thread kind of late so I apologize if somebody already posted a reply similar to this but I think the Fight Club stuff is way off. If anything, the theme of the movie would be ANTI Illuminati. A running theme of the movie is that they wanted to take down the Government and wanted to break people out of their mundane lives and be free. That's why they take out the credit cardbuildings at the end, to free people from their enslavement. It's all about a group of people trying to break out of the control grid while trying to help others do the same thing. Its the complete opposite of what the NWO would want. That's my take anyway.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by screamerclauz

please read my prier post i have responded to this all ready

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
i would like to address this once again any message that is of a consperitus notion are not in adds or product placement. its the theme of the movie its self that pools the wool over people eyes not a subliminal message. just a allturation of perspective.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Our children didn't wake up and say cutting is cool right?

How would they/we have learned about (emo)(goth)(gangster) and the other fads? TV can change a society easy just think about it!

[edit on 10-1-2009 by arc de triumphe]

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
If you think that there isn't anything strange going on in TV you should really look beyond this message board. There are many sites that examine these ideas.I linked some in a earlier post.

I don't have to have a person telling me that TV is bad for my children I can see it. I can see what the children are like today. I can see the ideas in films like "Horton Hears a Who" aren't suitable
for my children.

I don't need Joaquin Phoenix (Signs) turning around and facing the camera and telling my children that "people who believe in alternative ideas (conspiracy) are Nerds who can't get girlfriends (bah)....(not that I would let them watch Signs). TV forces us to change society based on ideas in films. It's called predictive programming and its done in almost every film and every show.

I suggest this video....easier for you TV watchers..

They Live......We Sleep

celticrebel.wordpress.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Wow. Um, are the phallic subliminals in the original? Anyone know?

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   

I finally watched all the videos in that link...

I'm speechless.

We really do need Hollywood Conspiracy Board.

Mod Note: Excessive Quoting – Please Review This Link

[edit on Sun Jan 11 2009 by Jbird]

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by arc de triumphe
Our children didn't wake up and say cutting is cool right?

How would they/we have learned about (emo)(goth)(gangster) and the other fads? TV can change a society easy just think about it!

[edit on 10-1-2009 by arc de triumphe]

Oh yes people do wake up one day and think cutting is cool. Don't put it down to some fashion subculture. That's been going on for hundreds of years. It's a pain release for some. Art reflects Life. If you are a weak minded person then your life reflects art.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by taserman

VERY well said. Thank you for this post.

Wake up people! Please! The information is out there.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   

your right o my gods the jews are in a war with the muslims. what we are talking about here can not be blamed on any one race or oranization it is the brain child of several to single on out is giveing them far to much credit. i would point the finger at the government first. ya the same people who just put on the fantastic production of fiction where the people elected there ruler. hope everyone knew that was all a circus act to distract us from the real issues in the world.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
PSA:

There's been an inordinate amount of large and or compound quoting from some members in this thread.

Please trim your quotes to only the salient portion needed to frame your reply.

or use the 'Reply To' feature/button which is placed in the top right corner, for your convenience.

It makes for a much easier read.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Mod Note: Excessive Quoting – Please Review This Link

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Let us take a look at the accused

ats members answer these questions, if you were trying to create a one world goverment to unite people:

1. what would be the motive for placing these symbols:

my answer: to leave a legacy after they are dead.

2. what would these do to the public who knows nothing of these things( generally)

My answer: Nothing, they are there only for members, to inspire, and to let the informed know that they where a part of this.

and to look out for a message.

3. What can this buisness fund other than celebrities?

my answer: to keep the public under control, because if there is no rules then there will be chaos.
A Utopian society.
We all have the same vision, NO WAR, NO POVERTY, NO STARVATION, One Goverment, then the Meaning of being human evolves.

It is just the methods that are taken that i question.

Just my take on the 'Master Plan'

Also Independance day, Seems Exactly like the NWO to me.

[edit on 12-1-2009 by MR BOB]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent Thunder

Now this is more like the attitude of my fellow illuminati. You have a keen insight my friend.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent Thunder

Now this is more like the attitude of my fellow illuminati. You have a keen insight my friend.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
You raise some interesting points. The only major flaw that I can think of is that watching TV or a movie is voluntary. When you have reached a stage in your life when you feel you can think for yourself and make your own decisions, you are not forced or threatened to watch TV or watch movies.

How do you claim a NWO type group is using these methods as mind control if you are not forced or coerced to watch?

Also, if you look at the whole concept of Hollywood it is about making a decent profit, and also about freedom of expression of one's artistic ideas.

What you should be looking at is how certain countries ban certain types of movies, and for what reason.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I've largely avoided this thread since posting on the first page.

I decided to give it a bit more thought, although I haven't read the next 16 pages. So apologies if someone has already said what I'm about to say.

If this theory has ANY credence, we should be able to find many more links besides the content of the films.

What I mean by this is a person or a group of people must have influence on all of the films mentioned, be it a producer a director or otherwise.

So, IF the OP or anyone else can show that these movies do actually have something in common like I've mentioned, then maybe you're onto something otherwise, it's total BUNK

Cheers!

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join