It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could a perfect race of humans still reside in Eden today? Could God have ADD?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 09:00 AM
link   
If we do, for a moment, speak hypothetically and take the Christian creation story as being true, and we think about the way in which Lilith was cast out before Eve, then could it not be possible that there were previous attempts at creating humanity which God also discarded?

This would go some way to explaining where the descendants of Adam and Eve got their mates form without incest, and could also be used to explain the numerous clusters of anomolous archeological skeletons and remains (such as tribes of giants, or tribes with radically different teeth or physical structure).

If we take this theory further, then it only goes to follow that once God banished Adam and Eve from the Garden of Eden that he would try again. It is then possible that, as well as having more imperfect humans being cast away post Adam and Eve, that God finally succeeded in creating his perfect breed of humanity, and that they still reside and prosper within the garden of Eden.

It could be also be thought that once God had succeeded in creating perfection in the Garden of Eden, that he turned his attentions to the world outside the Garden, and concentrated on us for a while, until he got tired, bored, was needed elsewhere or achieved a situation he was happy with. This period of intense Godly interaction could be the period which the Old Testament descibes.

God could then have moved his attentions back to the Garden (possibly some kind of conflict or imperfection may have cropped up?), rested, begun work on a new project, or gone back to an older one. As such he left us alone for a while, before returning in the form of a messiah, as he was a very busy being. This would explain the gap between the Old and New Testaments, and the point of Jesus.

If this is the case, then it could be that our current Godless times, are due to the fact that God is currently concentrating on something else, and that he'll return his attentions here when he's finsihed what he's doing.

To take it even further one could even see the resurrection of Christ as a clerical error. When God should have been concentrating on Earth during the Passion, he was attending to more pressing matters elsewhere, hence "Father, why hast thou forsaken me?". When God turned his attentions back to us he realised what had happened and promptly resurrected Christ.

Obviously this is just a theory, and I only came up with it half while replying to another thread and half whilst typing it here, so any comments, questions, responces or critiques would be most welcomed.

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Well, just to be an antagonist....

The theory of yours with Adam and Eve and Lilltih and blahhhh yeaha you know what it is, is fine.
EXCEPT for the fact that Lillith, the story of Lilith, is a Jewish legend, and does not appear in the Bible OR the Torah. A great legend, and many paintings and other sources validate it as b eing a part of the Adam and Eve tale, but still, its just a legend. So in alla ctuality, it wouldn't tie into your theory, simply because people would say that it doesn't exist.

And God having ADD.....sorry...but dude thats just stupid. ADD is a a symptom of what I like to call the American Lifestyle. No wonder kids (and adults) can't concentrate, have you ever detached yourself from the program and just looked at the tv screen? Its constant change and flashing and movement, no wonder people think the stupidest plots are interesting!

ADD is an American born, American suffered, and just another American stupidity standpoint.

All you people with ADD can attack me now for not being sympathetic towards your "disorder." Pshhh. OK, here's my question...People with ADD are too fragile to take tests, but they can get behind the wheel of a car and go speeding down the highway?

Thank you American medicine.

So no, God doesn't have "ADD". Your frist theory was one of good basis and viewpoint, but your second one was pretty lame.

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Uhm... no.

Remember that the Christian God is described as being omniscient, omnipotent, and omnipresent.

He's all-knowing. So he could have chosen to make a perfect race by adjusting various factors in human makeup. He could have chosen to make a race capable of sin but sin-free by adjusting human makeup.

He knows the outcome of all creations (including the angels, which he created, that would turn rebellious so that he could throw them into hell.)

Furthermore, he is everywhere at every time (simultaneously) so that nothing is unknown to him.

If he created another *perfect* race, then the Bible is an outright lie to tease mankind and lure them all into Hell.

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Also, in the Bible it states that Adam and Eve were the FIRST family...not the ONLY family.

But then again...maybe that's just a nit picky detail.

Or maybe I'm just talking out of me arse.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 09:28 AM
link   

God having ADD

Labelling him getting distracted as being ADD was just me messing around, I didn't seriously mean that God could actually have had ADD. And I agree with you're view on ADD, by the way.

Originally posted by Byrd
Remember that the Christian God is described as being omniscient, omnipotent, and omnipresent.

yes, but there are a number of responses to that. firstly his omniscience, ominipresence and omnipotency could simply have been an exaggeration, as to the writers of the Bible he would have seemed pretty all powerful even if there were restrictions to his powers.

secondly, he could be omniscient, omnipotent and omnipresent within each of his universes, but having gone onto another, he no longer exists in the previous one(s).

He knows the outcome of all creations (including the angels, which he created, that would turn rebellious so that he could throw them into hell.)

If this were true though, then why does the Bible describe him as getting angry? Why would he get angry about anything if he knew it would happen? If he were happy with humanity sinning, and did not seek perfection, then why does he do things like causing the floods, or the razing of Sodom and Gommorah? As before, his all-knowing status could just be an unintentional exaggeration because that's how it seemed to the authors.

If he created another *perfect* race, then the Bible is an outright lie to tease mankind and lure them all into Hell.

not necessarily, just because mankind isn't perfect it doesn't mean they can't get into heaven. There can still be hope for them.

in the Bible it states that Adam and Eve were the FIRST family...not the ONLY family

Only in some translations. The original wording is vague enough to be taken either way.

like I said, my theory is just that, a theory, and a hypothetical one at that, as I'm not convinced of the Bible's authenticity or of God's existence. But still, I look forwar dto more responces, counter arguments, criticisms and inconsistencies pointed out.

[Edited on 12-4-2004 by Amarillo_Brice]

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   
That would be kind of hard unless there are really mermaids and mermen out there. The Garden of Eden has sunken under the ocean. It happened in the flood...have you heard of Atlantis? That is where the Garden of Eden is. God made sure that no man could get back in.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   
If god is so powerful and the creator, with an universe so big and who knows how many dimension are out there why does he had to bother with us? we are nothing more than a subspecies to him just pets.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 09:45 AM
link   
If God is real, he had ADD when he was making the Platypus. Poor freak of nature... even though it's an effective critter.

[Edited on 24-5-2004 by Final_Wave]

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
If god is so powerful and the creator, with an universe so big and who knows how many dimension are out there why does he had to bother with us? we are nothing more than a subspecies to him just pets.

Once again, people you can't tag or fathom gods plans for any of us. Trying to put a physical lid on a non-physical being is impossible.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 10:28 AM
link   

TextOnce again, people you can't tag or fathom gods plans for any of us. Trying to put a physical lid on a non-physical being is impossible

Thats my point I wonder why we human being had try so hard to be like him and even said that we look like him, he is not-phisical energy being.
As humans he tend to find a reason to everything because the unknow scare us to death.

[Edited on 24-5-2004 by marg6043]

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Once again, people you can't tag or fathom gods plans for any of us. Trying to put a physical lid on a non-physical being is impossible.

Exactly. And don't try to "logic" him or his actions out either. Logic was created by the Greeks and is not a perfect way to think. Logic only applies to humans with human problems. God is a higher dimensional being. Logic doesn't apply.

For example, have you ever read a Sci Fi novel where something happens that is extremely hard to explain with logic? Same thing. When, and if, humanity gets deep space travel capabilites then we'll have to develop a different way of thinking to deal with the space-time distortions.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   
NothingMakesSense thanks for that, we spend our lifes trying to be like god and dont see the more important things that comes from being human.

top topics

join