It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The true nature of Hamas

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Hamas has just lost any hope for credibility to bring peace to the Palestinian people.

[edit on 5-1-2009 by Founding]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   

The URL contained a malformed video ID.

dont you just hate that?

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

fixed

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
No matter what you post, it will be ignored. Israel is to blame for all the problems of the world. Supposedly, they control everybody with their money even the US. But when it comes to war with Hamas supposedly the US controls Israel. Go figure.

I feel the only ones losing here are the civilians on both sides. There are so many hands in this mess that people refuse to see. They like to keep it to the US and Israel. But what about Egypt, Jordan, Syria, Lebanon, Hizbollah, Iran and the list goes on. What about those countries who have shouted poor Palestinians during war time, but barely raised a hand to help them when there was no war.

People bash America for the littlest of reasons maybe not realizing that we too hate to see wars and innocent people die. They also fail to realize that governments are the ones who are making the decisions, governments are the ones privileged to intelligence information, and governments seldom do what their citizens want them to do. A 700Billion bailout was a good example of how government passes legislation despite what its citizens said. It is sad that we have reached this point. However, we have reached this point because many nations, including USA , choose to look the other way until all hell breaks loose. Then its poor Palestinians time again.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Yeah well we are the bad guys.

Ever since the dawn of time there always seems to be the need for a badguy.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
could be what you say or could be him saving the child, I thought. Either way, the egypt/isreal double standard, among other things, is disgusting. I guess the whole situation is really.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by heyo
could be what you say or could be him saving the child, I thought. Either way, the egypt/isreal double standard, among other things, is disgusting. I guess the whole situation is really.

you know I thought the same thing at first it looked like he was running with a child shield but it could also be said he was trying to save the child.

Edit to add

You know the more I look at it, it is him trying to get the kid out of potential danger in my opinion.

I have to be honest otherwise what good am I to ATS.

I still think both sides are acting like Asses!

[edit on 5-1-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Oh and is your opinion also on the side of Hamas? Yes! You know what that's called right, BIASED. Meaning you will interpret only in a way that fits your political/ideological beliefs. Meaning you just lied. Clearly the video shows a militant grabbing a kid (the kid is standing with others minding his own business) and running across to avoid danger.

From this simple word, biased, we can understand how million of Germans looked the other way as their dictator massacred his way through history. Ignorance is pathetic.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
We all know innocent Palestinians including children are dead and dying. This is a war and war is Hell.............thought I had more to say....think I'll throw on a DVD about Hitler's youth.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Founding

Oh and is your opinion also on the side of Hamas? Yes! You know what that's called right, BIASED. Meaning you will interpret only in a way that fits your political/ideological beliefs. Meaning you just lied. Clearly the video shows a militant grabbing a kid (the kid is standing with others minding his own business) and running across to avoid danger.

Ignorance is pathetic.

I support Hamas

OK your kind of new here so I'll let that one go.

The first kid was probably just being a stupid kid trying to see what was happening like all stupid kids try to do and it looks to me like the Hamas dude is trying to push that kid farther down the street out of danger!

The second kid watch the video again slowly the kid was sitting croutched with other kids hiding not "just standing there"

Again I just call it like I see it

Yeah ignorance is pathetic.

[edit on 5-1-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Founding

Iran is providing the palistinians with the missles and incouraging them to use them saying that the Israelis don't have the stomach to respond militarily. Of course they were proven wrong.

Those missles were loaded with schrapnel ie. personell destroying warheads. 3000 missles have been launched this year by the Palistinians.

The Israelis asked the Palistinians to stop the missles. They didn't. All they asked is for the missles to stop.

Why didn't the Palistinians stop firing the missles of distruction into Israel?

Did they think the big gorilla on the block, Israel, would do nothing?

I would say that Hamas made an incredible mistake in judgement!

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I am reading this thread and asking myself are we all watching the same news? I know the news is different in Europe vs. the US but still ...

Children being killed by snipers as they go on the street to buy food with their parents, homes being bombed, Israeli colonists executing their anger upon innocent Palestine's. If we may agree that all children are innocent how many innocent victims have fallen in the events of the last week only? I as a mum, being a pacifist, would also be seeking justice for the dead of my child, if the world would turn a blind eye to my children's killers, I fear I would also turn to those who - be it in the wrong way - are seeking justice.

The horror that was put upon the Jewish - and please let us not forget all the other groups that were targeted in WW2 - is not an excuse for their actions they have taken in this conflict. From a state that is build on the terrors its people survived we cannot tolerate that they in turn commit terror on others. I believe that indeed from such a state we could and should expect other behaviour.

And what is the US doing whilst innocent people are being killed and Israel is threatening with their nuclear weapons? For a country portraying itself as the saver of democracy in Iraq and Afghanistan - why are the children of Palestine not entitled to the same peace and help ?

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   
The hamas senior leaders are cowards and hide in hospitals.
what would you expect from them.

The funny part is this story is from the anti war bleeding heart liberals in Berkeley
www.sfgate.com.../c/a/2009/01/04/EDHQ152S36.DTL

yaakov.newsvine.com...
www.hyscience.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
The hamas senior leaders are cowards and hide in hospitals.
what would you expect from them.

Correction, not just Hamas senior leaders are cowards, but every member of Hamas that uses an innocent child, woman or man as a shield to protect himself from the IDF is a coward!
Hamas=coward as far as I am concerned.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by plumranch
The Israelis asked the Palistinians to stop the missles. They didn't. All they asked is for the missles to stop.

Why didn't the Palistinians stop firing the missles of distruction into Israel?

Did they think the big gorilla on the block, Israel, would do nothing?

I would say that Hamas made an incredible mistake in judgement!

What would you do if say, China decided to give 75% of the land here in the USA to say, Mexico (BTW I love Mexico and Mexican people this is just an example)? And your land was taken over by Mexicans? You were pushed into a corner of your own country, cut off from access to land, water, food, medicine, hospitals, schools, and all the other basic freedoms a fee people enjoy? And then slowly the 25% of the land you and your people were allowed to keep was slowly being taken away from you? And you were given no right to govern yourselves? What would you really do? Sit back and enjoy it?

I am willing to be there would be a LOT of guerrillas born if that were to happen here. I seriously doubt that US citizens would accept such a turn of events. So why should the Palestinians?

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Animal

Here's a thought. Did the Grande Legumes of Hamas ask all of the men, women and children Palistinians if it would be alright if they could launch rockets at Israel and thereby bring down this action upon them? Was it alright with everyone that they should suffer these casualties because of the decisions of the Hamas leaders?

I'm going to guess that decision was made behind closed doors. The Palistinians were just the pawns. The Hamas leadership can be found safe and sound down in some underground bunker while their people suffer the consequences of their decision.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by plumranch
reply to post by Animal

Here's a thought. Did the Grande Legumes of Hamas ask all of the men, women and children Palistinians if it would be alright if they could launch rockets at Israel and thereby bring down this action upon them? Was it alright with everyone that they should suffer these casualties because of the decisions of the Hamas leaders?

No. But you do realize that Hamas was ELECTED to run Palestine, right? What do you think would cause the people of Palestine to elect such a group for the job? Could it be the occupation and oppression waged by the State of Israel?

I'm going to guess that decision was made behind closed doors. The Palistinians were just the pawns. The Hamas leadership can be found safe and sound down in some underground bunker while their people suffer the consequences of their decision.

They are dying too mate. NEWS Results for "Killed Hamas Leaders"

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Animal

Although most senior Hamas leaders went into hiding when the Israeli air barrages began, Rayan made a point of living openly in his home in the Jabaliya refugee camp.

Here's a quote from the first article you sited. The guy, Rayan, even sent his son in as a suicide bomber!

[edit on 5/1/09 by plumranch]

[edit on 6/1/09 by plumranch]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   

My registration date (same year as yours) does not make me any less credible. I so no reason to bring that up, accept if you enjoy using a logical fallacy.

And just because Hamas was elected does not give them any right to carry hide among civilians and use terrorist tactics. Lets not forget how many past regimes and dictators have been democratically elected.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Founding

My registration date (same year as yours) does not make me any less credible. I so no reason to bring that up, accept if you enjoy using a logical fallacy.

And just because Hamas was elected does not give them any right to carry hide among civilians and use terrorist tactics. Lets not forget how many past regimes and dictators have been democratically elected.

"Terrorist Tactics"? Could you define that? Because last I checked, in the US, that's called Guerrilla Warfare. This isn't WW1. It's modern warfare, and it's not a game. I would much rather use a IED than go into combat, as the latter is much safer and deadly.

"hide among civilians"? Let's also consider the situation in Gaza; The population is shoved into overcrowded camps, and is blockaded by Israel. Where do you expect them to go? And now they're in a combat situation with Israel. They have even less of a chance of leaving now. (It was apparently null before...)

"Lets not forget how many past regimes and dictators have been democratically elected."
Whose to say this has not happened to Israel? Perhaps they are those which are corrupt running the country, like the American situation.

Please at least acknowledge that Hamas is doing what any other under supplied, out numbered, under trained, and unsupported army would; Utilizing it's advantages.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join