It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've nearly died three times, how about you?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
When I was 13 months old I was unable to keep food or water down and the doctors told my parents that I wouldn't live through the night. My parents were in the hall of the hospital and my mother was crying. A passing doctor passing by asked what was wrong. They told him. He then suggested trying Pepsi as a drink. That worked. I was able to keep it down and improved quickly after that. No one knew who that Dr. was or where he came from.

When I was changing out the front springs of my 72 Fleetwood, I had a flash telling me to get out. I rolled out from under the car and sat up, only to watch the car roll back a tad, squish the car stand holding it up, and come to a stop with about 3" of clearance from body to ground. The spring was off as was the tire so I could get access to the spring. The car was over 5,000 lbs. I wouldn't have had a chance if I was under it.

The most recent was when I was driving a back road in Wyoming. Two lane doing about 70, I was going uphill. Just before the crest of the hill, in the other lane, a semi was passing a line of cars! He was in my lane. He pulled left to the shoulder and the cars pulled right leaving me just enough room to go between them. Unbelievable! A movie stunt couldn't have been done better. A second later, I would have been nothing but a red smear on the road.

Well, that's three for me, what are your near-death stories?

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by wookiee

I like this game,reminds me of the comparing scars on Jaws scene.
I got that beat....
I should have...

1,Got squished when a coal truck drove over me on racing-bike

2,Drowned windsurfing in 88-89 hurricane when wave smashed rig 1.5 miles out

3,Leaked all the red stuff when crashed motorbike into moped shop in Greece,

4,Squished brain when Quad bike landed on head breaking c3 vertebrae in neck.

5,Pickled to death on Smirnoff blue

6,Been Char grilled in fire,but slid 4 floors down wall and broke L1 vertebrae in back instead.

But still the worst one was the ex breaking my heart.

Bloody wimmin.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
One car crash, two muggings, one stabbing, one operation, two allergic reactions to medications, one reaction to massive bee stings, and three reactions to massive amounts of alcohol and illicit drugs combinations. Been through a lot, but extremely glad to still be here and not doing some of the same old behaviors.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wally Conley but extremely glad to still be here and not doing some of the same old behaviors.

Let's drink to that..
:w:

Joking, I get a sore head after only 2 lagers now. :bnghd:

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by AGENT_T

But still the worst one was the ex breaking my heart.

Aw Geez man...
Now I'm a big mushball.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I was about to turn three weeks old when I nearly died.

At the time I was born, I had a medical condition that the doctors didn't know that I had. What was wrong with me was that I had a blockage between my stomach and my intestines. As with the opening post, I too could not keep any sort of food down. Everytime that I would eat, it would come right back up. Most of the doctors that my parents had aske if they would operate on me said , "No." After most of the doctors basically chickened out, my parents found a doctor that was willing enough to do an operation on me. What I had was called a Plyoric Stenosis. That is basically the narrowing of the passage between the stomach outlet resulting in the blockage passage of food between the stomach and the small intestine. There was a high probability that I would not have survived the operation.

I have never found out the name of the doctor who operated on me. It is a miracle that my parents were able to get a hold of this doctor and that this doctor would actually do what is actually a risky operation on a baby. Thanks to this doctor and the power of prayer, I am here today posting this on here. In the twenty four years since I had the operation and I have had no problems with it since then. I still have the scar to proe that I had the operation to remove the blockage.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
In July of 07, I had major spinal surgery on my thorasic spine. It was only to be four hours and ended up taking seven and a half. They also pierced my epidermis that held the nerve endings in and the nerves shot out and they had to work them back in and sew it and glued it to make sure it wasn't leaking. I immediately had to have a MRI to see if it is leaking (in which i got a burn on my arm).

My Doctor, who was the director of nerosurgery, said that it was the worst he had ever seen. The surgery left me paralyzed but it came close to going to the other side if they couldn't get the spinal fluid from leaking. So that was my close call with death.

here is a xray of my spine prior to surgery, you can see the calcium spikes put pressure on my cord, they had to remove those vertebra.

[edit on 1/4/2009 by bigvig316]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by bigvig316

Man that totally blows. :shk:

Balls ups like that was the reason I refused to have the broken L1 removed and replaced with a 'titanium lego brick' fused to the adjacent ones.

Two years of physio instead and hope the body heals and adapts to compensate.

I hope you slayed them in court.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
I should have died when i got hit by a car and was sent flying through the air for 10 metres and then landed on a curb with my back.
I should have died from an overdosis of alcohol and XTC, but it just left me with the first and last hangover i have ever had.
I should have died when my blood pressure dropped to a level that should have stopped my heart, I just passed out.
I should have died when an *sshole stabbed me in the chest because he thought i was cheating at pool, he missed every vital organ and bloo vessel in my chest cavity. And i wasn't even cheating!

Now i live life to the fullest

Namasté
edit on 10/8/2011 by KhaliWitch because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join