It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voice that woke me up

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Hello everyone,

As i recently discovered this amazing site i also today saw the 'my story topic' and decided to share something that happened 2 years ago but still haunts me.

It might not sound something of a great meaning or worth but it was for me and I've been curious since than what could it possibly be.

So I will try to be short.

One night as I was sleeping in my own room I woke up the most strangest way i ever did. I somehow remember some moments even while i was sleeping. So i do remember sleeping and hearing a slowly increasing sound which at the end woke me up. The sound was a deep breathing in of a woman. The breath didn't stop in order to breath out it just kept contining breathing in with increasing instence by adding more and more loud sounding of the woman's voice. It was like someone has been kept without breath and trying to breathe again. At the end i woke up and kept hearing it for around 10 more seconds at its greatest volume. It was all around me. I can't say that it came from some exact place. It was hearable all over the room. I don't wanna sound funny but it did sounded a bit cosmic if i can describe it that way, Like from other dimention and Im pretty sure that it was my own voice as well , just sounding pretty much different from what I sound, like much creepier ,louder, distant and mystique. And I am definatelly sure that it wasn't me making the sound because that ain't the way i hear my own voice it was much more surrounding me than my own voice can ever do. Plus the thing that makes me believe what I'm telling is truth and not plot of my immagination is that i felt is someway not only heard it.

I've been trying to find some answers since then and I will be incredibly thankfull if someone had experienced something common or has idea what could be the cause of it.

As for now , thank you for reading my story

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
curious, if all you heard was the breathing what infact made you determine it was a woman? perhaps this could be some insight as to the origin of the phenomenon. Was there a sense of fimiliarity with the sound? just a couple ?'s

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Well i probably didnt manage to describe it well due to poor english. I didnt hear only breathing i heard breathing with voice. Like the one if u were under water and than swim to the surface and take a deep breath. That was what i heard only that it was continous and getting louder and louder. It is the voice u can include when u breath in intensly. Its just a note of what could the womans voice look like if she is talking. Just defining some basic voice diapason and sounding. And the only familarity i had was as i said that it partly sounded like my own but also coming from someone else much more demonic and surrounding than my own voice is

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
did you feel any physical fatigue upon waking? like shortness of breath, chest discomfort? any imediate thoughts like flash images or memories? it could have very well been your own voice that woke you as sometimes peopl who snore (not saying you, just saying) can wake themselves. If you experience this on more than one occasion try to get as much information as far as how you were feeling both emotionally and physically during and after the experience. also maybe a little research into the history of where you live or were sleeping at the time may dig up some clues as well... (house fires? just a thought)

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Not too long ago I woke up to a voice in the middle of the night--"Dave, look up". I looked up but didn't see anything.

An astral visitor or a ghost or a dream?

Who knows, but it was as clear as anything.

delius

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
very interesting...i also have experienced this sound for much of my life. my description is a little bit different, but i'm pretty sure we're talking about the same thing: it originated in my dreams, it was like a background quality of sound, but it was screaming. very intense, not really positive or negative, but if i had to decide, it was more negatively intense. then a couple years ago before i went to bed, i heard it while resting. now, i hear it a lot when i am by myself and in a very quiet environment. i wouldn't say that the screaming is a women, more accurate for me, i would label it as having a feminine quality to it. i have talked to two other people who i trusted to get their spin on it. one said he thought it was some sort of spatial-relatedness disorder, and another one said my description sounded like it could have been death, i.e. transformation.

maybe this helps...

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by delius

perhaps you awoke just before the entity could tell you what to look up? lol play on words
the number of people reporting similar experiences would lead one to believe that this is something worh investigating on a more proffesional level with experiments designed for reproducible results?

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Yeah, clarity makes it memorable

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I've experienced something like this as well. It hasn't happened since, and it hadn't happened before that either. I was just sleeping like normal, when I heard a man's voice. He said something like " We begin in 3". I don't know what he meant, or even if those were his exact words. I do know that it was very vivid, and I woke up frightened because I thought someone was in my room.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Well Thank tyou for your answers

Seems for now it will remain unsolved tho i will keep searhing for some answers

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I had something like that happen to me. I was trying to fall asleep but then I heard a very otherworldy voice and it sounded like it came from the stereo amplifier my dad had in the 60's (still worked like a champ in the 90's) that I had left turned on. I always chalked it up to it being old and/or being on the very edge of sleep. Never happened again.

It wasn't set to anything that was on for sure. I think I would have had it hooked up to a video game system. Didn't have a tuner built in or hooked up.

The voice was very low, unnaturally so, and commanding... I don't think it said anything intelligible as I probably would have remembered what it said. It spooked the crap out of me and I quickly turned it off and never left it on again.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
lol i have had an experiance like this as well, before i married my wife i was sleeping at her place one night, and we were in bed together in her studio type apartment.

within the first 30 min of hitting the rack i was awakend to what sounded like a older females voice saying my name. just 1 time and thats it. i looked around and went back to sleep.

it happend another time about 25 minutes this time i was really moving around and looking around trying to pinpoint the area the voice came from. this second time my wife woke up because of my restlessness and asked if she had heard anything. she said no so eventually i fell back asleep.

i dont remember how much longer this was after that but we both were awaken this time by the same voice screaming my name "MARK". we sat silently for a second and finally got the courage to ask if she was awake and heard the voice. she said she had and it sounded like someone saying my name. it came from right over our heads as we slept but seemed to be almost in stero like a 3d sound. hard to explain. was really wierd needless to say we did not get much sleep that night. lol

i am USMC and this was when i was stationed at MCAS kanehoe bay hawaii, and she was living in honolulu near lookout pt on the likelike highway(i think thats correct been 4-5 years) her house was located on a tunnel system used to bury hawaiian warriors when they were fighting john smith. and aparently a major battle in the little war took place over the area that encompassed her neighborhood. a lot of odd things happend there.

new topics

top topics

join