It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

something that happened to me in scotland

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
before i tell my story i want to make it clear that i do not believe that any of it has anything to do with ghosts or the supernatural. i believe everything that happened was in the imagination. i am an atheist.

ok, so i was staying in a hotel in scotland with my dad. typically, the hotel was in the highlands of scotland in a little village in the middle of nowhere. my dad didnt believe in ghosts at the time but becuz night after night someone wud try and get into his room and wen my dad answered the door no one was there, he now kind of believes. the spooky thing is that we were the only peeps in hotel so there was no one else who cud have tried to get into the room.

my dad told the peeps who work at the hotel about it and they all say that they have seen ghosts at the hotel too. and apparantly the room my dad was staying in was where the strongest paranormal activity took place.

so i just thought that they were idiots running around playing tricks on peeps and i was quite angry with them for lying to my dad.

but then i had a very weird experience. i was walking down a corridor and there was a guy standing in front of me. (keep in mind it was dark at the time lol) and he just evaperated right in front of me. i believe this was all in my mind but its still kinda creepy lol

i was just curious as to wat u guys think of this experience. if anyone wants more details plz let me know. thanks for reading.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
btw, i know most of you arnt atheists like me but im still interested in what you think about my experience.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
You saw a Ghost, simple as that. No mystery to it, really. Be proud you actually had the experiance.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
thanks for your thoughts. tbh i think it was a trick of the light but i appreiate u telling me your thoughts

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SlayerRock

my dad told the peeps who work at the hotel about it and they all say that they have seen ghosts at the hotel too. and apparantly the room my dad was staying in was where the strongest paranormal activity took place.

so i just thought that they were idiots running around playing tricks on peeps and i was quite angry with them for lying to my dad.

Heya! Cool lil experience there, as nightchild said, be proud of that, as i myself have never seen a full apparition.

Anyway, just quoting back to something you said in the original post. If you guys were the only ones staying there, and they then tell you that the room your dad stayed in has the most paranormal activity....surely, if they were in their right mind - and had NO ONE else staying there - surely they wouldn't have given him the haunted room. Seriously - unless they thought they'd make him stay in there for the hell of it, a joke at his expense?

(Don't worry, I realise this might come across to you as me having a go, I am kinda, but not at you or your dad! Obviously incompetent staff!)

I mean, with the rest of the hotel to chose from?? Why give him that room specifically? Hmm, mighty odd! But hey, congrats anyways!

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
My friend, if you weren't so insistent on the rather irrelevant fact that you are an "atheist" (so called "paranoramal" events, real or not, don't have anything to do with belief in God), I may have believed you.
As it is, and I'll be totally frank, it sounds like a typical bait. The kind of petty provocation used by some people to see how many "gullible" people will bite.

If so, don't waste your time.

If not, I apologize. What was that you saw, then? Who knows. The world is full of wonderfully weird stuff; some of which can easily be explained, and some not so easily explained.

Oh speaking of 'typical': why was the hotel "typically" in the Highlands?

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
thats actually a dam good point. iim afraid i dont know the answer but they did tell us that the "ghosts" had never hurt anyone.

but i think the most likely thing is that they were saying all of this to make a reputation for themselves so they could get more people staying there as people tend to be drawn to haunted hotels and houses

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SlayerRock

exactly! Now I want to go there. (seriously!)
That's my kind of thing you see! Was this a recent trip you made?

As for the apparition just disapparating like that, kinda weird. Where abouts are you from? (UK somewhere right?) I got some friends who run a paranormal group down my way so I can ask for any info on the way it disappeared for you if you want? Might be able to shed some light on it for you, maybe

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
yeah its a small hotel in a village called Dalwhinnie.

yeah im in the UK.

the experiece was almost a year ago now but i still remember it very clearly. the spooky thing is that they the manager never mentioned ghosts until after my dads experience. but im going back to the hotel next month which will be fun.

and yeah it would be great if you could ask your friends opinion on that. thank u.

the funny thing is that at the time it happened i was a devout christian and even then i didnt believe in ghosts for some reason lol

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Reading this reminded me of an experience i also had in scotland as a child.

Myself, sister, father, mother, and family friend went to the isle of Aaron for a week. We stayed in a converted farm with the house made into a small bed and breakfast. for some reason that i dont remember i had to sleep in the front room for my stay.

about two days into the trip i woke up very late in the night and rolled over to face someone (being half asleep assumed was my father) sitting in the arm chair about 3 foot from my head smoking a fag. the person then looked at me while i rolled back over to face the wall.

i woke up and told my father that i saw him smoking late last night and he agreed an i thought nothing more of it. when we were back in my home town my dad explained that he hadn't left his room during his stay.

as no1 else smokes that was there i have no idea who or what this was

When i look back on this incident my memory is very vague except that i remember when i was rolling back to face away from the person there was 2 seconds of eye contact. It still gives me goosebumbs recalling this after so many years.

S + F

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SlayerRock

Ooh like your own little ghost hunting trip - how cool! I'm going to have to go there sometime then!

I think it's funny how with experience of certain things, they change your way of thinking
My mum is Catholic, but I remember clearly 2 weeks after my grandad passed. She shouted up the stairs to my brother and I and asked my brother if he was being cheeky and smoking in his room (which he doesn't, and hadn't), and then asked me if I was burning insence (I wasn't that day!) When we came out of our rooms, there was this really strong stench of tobacco smoke. Windows closed, my mum didn't smoke then either. We came to the conclusion it was him saying bye to us, as he passed from lung cancer.

So now my mum is into some of the ghosty like things that I am

[edit: I'm a biff, I said something which was clearly stated earlier so just took it out, hahaha!]

[edit on 3-1-2009 by emmy]

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Hello, good post, My mother in law had a funny time in a hotel in Dalwhinnie, at least I think thats where it was, Can you tell me the hotel and I ll find out where she was and get back to you on it.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
no im not a christian anymore. im an atheist/agnostic now.

i cant remember the name of the hotel but i will look into it and let you know

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
i think it is just called "the inn" but im not certain

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
there was something else that happened which i will post tomozz as im knackered now lol

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I have also had an experience in what is a hotel now but at the time was an old peoples home, that my gran was the manager of this was before i was old enough to go to school. as my parents both worked my gran and grandad looked after me as she really didn't do that much that i could tell so i got almost unrestricted access to the three floors and the atic although the third floor and atic where to creepy looking for me to go up to(the attic was half staff overnight rooms and half storage) my grand parents had owned one of the larger flats in the house itself for years (it was sort of a perk for being the manager) my mother, aunties and cousins have all had experiences such as when my mother woke up to see a man in the doorway with the door open when she rubbed her eyes and looked again it was gone and the door closed, FYI this was an old door that was very heavy, and could not be opened by wind etc. But thats getting away from my experience, one day i was as usual watching TV in the staff room which is on the ground floor, i left the staff room to the dinning room for some jelly (favorite pudding ever from there
) on the way you go through a corridor with staff lockers on one side and industrial freezers on the over then there is a door on the right that goes into the kitchen and a door on the left that led into the laundry room this was a staff area so there wasn't much decoration it was pretty creepy. after the doors there was another door that led into a larger room with the first set of stairs on the left across from this door was the door into the front hall that had the front door in the center of the right wall and the lift (elevator) directly on your left. this is where i saw the person. the lift was old and had a small window around head hight in the center of the door. as i was going past i had a glance up at the window and something caught my eye i turned and saw a face in the window it looked like an old man. so i thought one of the residents had gotten stuck in there being quite young i must have stood there for about a minute trying to figure out what to do on the verge of panicking basically i ran back to the staff room to get one of them to open the lift door it is a straight corridor so i could see if someone got out. so one of the staff came with the emergency key he opened the door and it was empty however the lift was not working. this made me never want to go into the lift ever again and i hardly ever did. this was in a place called Leslie House, in the village of Leslie in Fife, Scotland. i can try and post a pic of the outside to give you an idea of the sort of time period this house is from i also have some more info on the house if anyone is interested.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
thats an interesting story. while i feel that everything that happened has a logical explanation, i still got chills from your story

top topics

join