It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gilad Atzmon - Living on Borrowed Time in a Stolen Land

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Darthorious

In the world that we live in.

It does not make a difference who lived on the land first.

The difference is, who will be able to keep the land that they live on.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
CUE STANDARD MOD SPEECH

Hi People,

Just a polite request to please refrain from personal attacks and general off-topic stuff etc.

Totally understand that this is a heated issue, but lets try to keep our cool as the issue is being discussed.

Thanks people.

Cheers.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by alien

Why is it that people on ATS are not allowed to express their feelings? If I am mad as hell why should I shut up and use "polite" language. Words don't kill bullets do.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I have to say that I find MasonWatcher’s post to be informative. I have found his posts to be well informed and knowledgeable to every side, aspect and angle to the ongoing conflict and well referenced.

I understand how the main stream news media, biased history text, public opinion gained through utilizing just those sources of knowledge coupled with an instilled sense of political correctness enable people to so passionately dismiss facts and contentions without offering but the flimsiest of mostly emotional rebuttals.

I read a number of declassified documents on the CIA’s Web Site dating from its early days of the final pre-Independence push by the Irgun and Stern Gang and our intelligence assessments regarding the wisdom in siding with Israel Independence.

Feedom of Information Act CIA De-Clasified Documents

I have likewise read their detached reports on the Zionist Agenda and on their assessments of what would be required for Israel to be a viable nation, and the effectiveness and specific nature of Israel propaganda and the reports authors frank rendering of highly placed Israeli’s privately communicating the opposite of their propaganda to the U.S. Government.

For those that think the Central Intelligence Agency is controlled by Muslims, or Islamic militants or terrorists, or racist bigots acting out of ignorant supposition I would beg to differ.

I have also used as a reference to understanding the time line of the modern portion of the Israeli/Jewish/Zionist/Habiru versus Arabs and other Semitics in the region the Avalon Project compiled by Yale University Law School at the Lillian Goldman Law Library.

Likewise those who want to discredit Yale as being a hot bed of Islamic Fundamentalism and underprivileged racist commonality based on ignorance or claim that Lillian Goldman is an Islamic sounding name as a means to avoid informed and reasoned discussions are welcome too.

For people who would like to get at least a basic timeline of the facts from the Zionist Conference in 1897 to the Sykes-Picot Agreement of 1916 to its complete reversal in the Balfour Declaration of 1917 to the British White Paper on Palestine in 1922, and the 1922 Palestine Mandate of July 1924, to the pivotal British White Paper on Palestine of 1939 whose result kicked Zionist Terrorism against the British, moderate Jews and Arabs into high gear, on through the Alexandria Protocol of October 7, and then every subsequent piece of meaning diplomacy and law and correspondence pertaining to Israel, Americas constantly changing and evolving predisposition towards her to every subsequent action by the United Nations right on up through today, which the Yale Law School actually studies for the sake of diplomacy and international law versus propaganda or religion.

Yale Law School Avalon Project 20th Century Middle East

I have likewise read everything the United Nations has ever published in relations to the struggle.

United Nations Question of Palestine

I have further researched from there to a wide variety of both pro-Israel, and pro-Arab and unbiased sources, and frankly have learned some startling things about 20th century history in the process. Things that are little known and little discussed and often inaccurately portrayed when they are. If I doubt the current version of events I go right to the New York Times archives to find out what they wrote about it when it was actually happening, not what historians with now differing agendas claim happened 50, 60, 80 years ago.

New York Times Archives 1851 to 2009

I have to tell you I have uncovered some huge discrepancies in what currently available widely accessible literature says happened on any given day or in any referenced specific event to what actually was the view and public opinion and editors opinions at the actual point in time events occurred.

This whole issue has prompted me to study the history of the region from 3500 BC through today and frankly, after all I have discovered from historically credible references, I wish I could dismiss MasonWatchers posts. Frankly I have a deep respect for his formidable knowledge. If we were all so well informed I wager the world would be the truly kinder gentler place George H. W. Bush once promised. It isn’t though and in my humble opinion it’s on a fast track too World War III with this as its pretext but not as its agenda or goal.

Am I ignorant, lower class, under privileged? Yes, but I am trying real hard not to be by doing the best I can to educate myself and learn from credible sources.

That the truth might indict someone, or a group that is ethnic, or a country, or religious movement is neither racist nor bigoted, it is simply the truth.

Calling the truth or facts defamation to excuse one’s individual or collective acts as a contrivance of avoiding ones complicity and responsibility for them is simply as discrediting as the acts and facts that speak so poorly of a character, agenda or act that requires such desperate and thin measures in hopes of avoiding the consequences of those acts.

I have found that the Palestinians and their wavering Arab allies have made some huge and significant blunders at times, but always as a response to a British, Zionist, or Israeli act of unwarranted aggression that often was absent any provocation.

Our own Central Intelligence Agency states still to this day that Palestinians are acutely aware that they can not win through guerilla military tactics that are the only means to a smaller number of poorer and poorer armed peoples that are often typified as terrorism by those larger, richer, more militarily powerful peoples they fight against, but do so only as a means to keep the spotlight on their political plight. In reality that is all firing home made unguided short ranged and low yield rockets in to the territory the United Nations has been saying for sixty years is being illegally occupied by the Israelis who stole it.

Does it warrant this level of military reprisal that collectively punishes a people who have been collectively punished since 1922 for merely being in the wrong place at the wrong time?

I don’t think so.

Thanks

[edit on 4/1/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

[edit on 4/1/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by stanislav

Theres expressing yourself and then theres just being rude.

"He knew not what to say - so he swore"

Yes we may get heated and angry, but we can also engage others with respect...even those who we may see as an enemy

Its also the expectations, indeed the Terms and Conditions of this site, that people engage in a civil manner.

If that is not possible for some - then by all means there are a multitude of other websites out in cyberspace who welcome such exchanges.

This site however is not one of them.

Cheers.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by stanislav

Please refer to this thread:
Civility and Decorum are Required. You can raise further concerns about being well-mannered (or not) there. Now let's get back on topic.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I fail to understand how some here cannot understand that oppressing with an iron fist for decades(israel..), killing on a massive scale, creating a massive open air prison, starving a populace and then creating a "war" against civilians, both men, women and children can be supported or condoned in any shape or form...

If i lived in those conditions, i too would be reaching for my rockets...afterall, I AM DESPERATE....

I'm not anti jew.....i'm pro humanity....

WTF is wrong with you...
Masonwatcher....keep on plugging away mate....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join