It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Moves to Counter China With Pentagon-NASA Link

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Obama Moves to Counter China With Pentagon-NASA Link

www.bloomberg.com

Jan. 2 (Bloomberg) -- President-elect Barack Obama will probably tear down long-standing barriers between the U.S.’s civilian and military space programs to speed up a mission to the moon amid the prospect of a new space race with China.
----
The potential change comes as Pentagon concerns are rising over China’s space ambitions because of what is perceived as an eventual threat to U.S. defense satellites, the lofty battlefield eyes of the military.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 3-1-2009 by blaxstyle]

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Militarization of Space: NASA and Pentagon co-op. It was only a matter of time that this would happen. As other emerging global economies and foreign powers grow, its in the interest of the U.S. to protect its own economic and power-position in the world. The second part of this is the dawning of an inevitable era of the colonization of near extraterrestrial bodies, i.e. the Earth's moon and Mars, for industrialization. There will need to be lethal protection for each country's own interest, i.e. transiting people, supplies, natural resources shipped back to earth, etc.

www.bloomberg.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
It's probabley been happening for years anyway. This will just make it official. The militarization of space cannot be stopped no matter what is said by the U.N or other agencies.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
this is good news,we have purposly been prevented from colonizing our solar system due to the fact the future ais want us all on earth where they have us,this is the reason why anti grav type technology is supressed,so we cant leave earth.
only two civilians have ever been in space,a saudi prince from the house of saud(gray family) and a republican senator(prbably a gray again).
the third civilian died in the challenger launchafter which all civilians were banned from the space program ;-),what has civilian status got to do with safety when the challenger exploded from an o-ring?

the future ais are pretty much in charge of the space program and the search for extraterrestrial life,its time for the private sector to take over...oh wait anyone who invents any form of new flight technology across the world dissapears or is killed.......so damn obvious,the want us here ,in thier mind control net which is nanobots and scalar waves.

yes thats right folks there are no secret us bases on the moon or mars,theres no real humans out there,we are denied our right to explore and expand.

[edit on 3-1-2009 by welivefortheson]

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Whats new?

NASA will work closely with the Pentagon?

Most of NASA's Personnel come from the armed services anyway, and NASA has launched tons of military equipment in the past.

But maybe this really means we will hopefully see some more exotic black program technology released into the space program this kind of goes with my thread here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 3-1-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I maintain that:

Military Industrial Complex = NASA + PENTAGON + TRANSNATIONAL DEFENSE CORPORATIONS + CENTRAL BANKING FINANCIAL COMPLEX...

In order of least immediate power.

I applaud the notion of removing the purely cosmetic 'civilian' sheen to the NASA efforts. For too long we have pretended that it was a civilian agency. Now th question really is: "will removing the b/s cover story, make it more evident that they are releasing discoveries in their own sweet time, because they feel their mandate is to 'protect us' from reality?"

[edit on 3-1-2009 by Maxmars]

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Obama wants to 'speed up the USA mission-to-the-moon'...
much like the 'In this decade' challenge JFK made about the 1st moon landing

will this guy stop at nothing to invoke an image that he brings the idealistic aura of JFK into this next 'Camelot' administration?

shameless, he likes to evoke the Lincoln 'echo' also...

[the china space race (a manufactured national imperative) was begun rather clumsily by the Clinton Administration, by both selling and allowing those WhiteSands Lap-Tops with missile orbit insertion algorithms in the hard drives.... to be passed to China. And the strategically sensitive rocket launch data to be sent to the floundering Chinese Rocket program under a Department of Commerce authorization...?was it Lorial Space? as the agent for this technology transfer to the 'enemy'?)

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I had read somewhere about joint missions with China as well. The addition of alleged alien or Nazi technology would suggest this to be just another smoke screen to pacify the media and public....as usual.

Competition with other countries is in one way why we supposedly went to the moon.
It's just good PR....until we can't afford it any longer. This may be just another way to encourage the country with a more positve note and national pride.

What's the latest poll and if we should beat China to the moon? How do you vote?

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Whats new?

NASA will work closely with the Pentagon?

Wait a minute?

The twilight zone

[edit on 3-1-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Wow. There are currently 3 threads on this page on this same topic. I dont know which one to read!!!

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

There's another thread on Page 2 as well.

I knew I wasn't losing my mind, well at least in regards to the number of these Space Obama threads.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
^ Ive alerted the mods. Hopefully some server space can be saved.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Thread Closed

Please continue discussion on this early submission
HERE

top topics

join