It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ground offensive within 24 hours

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Ground offensive within 24 hours

www.larouchepac.com

January 2, 2008 (LPAC)-- A leading Israeli peace activist told EIR today that he fears a major Israeli land assault could be launched within the next twenty-four hours. If the assault is launched, it would become one of the darkest days in the history of Israel.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
The posturing given so far correlates to his fears.

A pseudo precision air strike campaign, with armor being put into place.

The air part is coming to an end, next is troop movements. This is going to get worse before it gets better.

My worry is how much further this is going to destabilize an already lit powder keg?

www.larouchepac.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
If the assault is launched.... there are all kinds of hypothetical situations that could occur. Which one should we focus on tomorrow?

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
THATS IT!

Im out of these damn Forums.

When did could be launched within the next twenty-four hours.
become for sure???

[edit on 2-1-2009 by xbranscombex]

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
When your seeing Israelis firing tear gas at kids throwing stones from the border you gotta believe a ground war is coming, they are going to use too much force

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
No kidding, since when did a quote from an Israeli peace activist that something could happen sourced from www.larouchepac.com become a hard news item. Sheesh!

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Pockets

Apparently, the ground war has been coming for decades then.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by xbranscombex
THATS IT!

Im out of these damn Forums.

When did could be launched within the next twenty-four hours.
become for sure???

[edit on 2-1-2009 by xbranscombex]

Breathe. Calm.... The article is saying that the ground offensive could be launched, with absolute certainty, in the next 24 hours. There is a likelihood, however, of the ground offensive not happening, but the degree of that certainty is low when observing the green light that is all but apparent to those onlookers within the zone of proximal impact: Generals, residents, people in-the-know.

I hope that clears it up for you. We are all under some stress, it is understandable.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Resinveins

Uhhhh, Yes this has been brewing for years, I'm not picking sides but if some crazy cult came and tried to take my town I'd fight

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pockets
reply to post by Resinveins

Uhhhh, Yes this has been brewing for years, I'm not picking sides but if some crazy cult came and tried to take my town I'd fight

Hehe absolutely. Picture it as if America continues to decline and Mexico begins to incline and they decide to take back Arizona, NM, and Texas. Arizona your outa luck because only the old timers live there, NM they can have, but you damned Texans put up a good fight. Nothing against Mexicans though guys, god-love ya.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by xbranscombex

Hamas is taking it pretty seriously...

www.france24.com...

Hamas's Syrian-based chief Khaled Meshaal told Israel that "if you commit the stupidity of launching a ground offensive then a black destiny awaits you.

"You will soon find out that Gaza is the wrath of God,"

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Reminds me of the Iraqi minister of defence. Nobody does paper tiger posturing like the arabs. This is terrible, but everybody knows this man's words are no deterrence to anybody. Another people are soon to be wiped off the map, this time with international support in the form of apathy. It beggars belief how this situation could even exist, but here it is.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
All Israel needs to do is to cross the border, take a mosque, taunt, and prepare their shooting lanes.

Hamas would be forced to attempt to extract them, and the slaughter can begin. After all, with taunts, Hamas could not meet the eyes of its people, nor the eyes of their women.

They would have to come.

That way, the Israelis wouldn't have to go looking for them.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   

why do none of the wee faces you can put in with this text have a tear coming out their eye?

if there is something somehow positive to pull out of the idea of a potential ground offensive, it is that there may be, at the least, some level of humanity. maybe even eye contact, between fatal blows. maybe there is one fighter on either side that will witness, feel guilt, or pain, or even a shared sense of humanity with their victim. maybe this may prevent one death in the future, civilian or otherwise.

and while i'm on the subject (or off it in ATS terms) what defines a civilian in this situation?

from afar i think, what action is possible?
what can we do now?

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
It's going to get blody if they go in that depending on what the Palestinians have, armor piercing amunition and ati tank rpgs?

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78
It's going to get blody if they go in that depending on what the Palestinians have, armor piercing amunition and ati tank rpgs?

I'm pretty sure if it does start Israel is not going to mess around this time, What do they have to loose the world already hates them they might as well open a canowupass on hamas.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
With all the posturing from all parties (including IRAN: directly injecting themselves into this mess with war/words) I am starting to think of a trojan horse and how this might play out. If ISRAEL in some way or fashion suffers a defeat of some kind, expect AMERICA -Snip- to come in and save the you know day, yeah.

Then it will be bloody. In the name of peace and prosperity, women and children will be murdered.

Mod Edit: Please Do Not Use Profanity.

[edit on 2-1-2009 by MemoryShock]

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
On my local Fox news they just had an update that says Israel will start the ground offensive any moment now. They say Bush just gave the go ahead to step up their attacks.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Here is the recent Foxnews coverage of it...

www.foxnews.com...

The senior leadership in Israel has given the thumbs up for a ground invasion of the Gaza Strip, sources tell FOX News, though the latest developments still don't mean such action is inevitable.

A ground invasion could happen soon if international diplomacy fails to broker a cease-fire between Israel and Hamas, who have been trading cross-border fire for the past week.

Israel launched its new round of airstrikes on Gaza in response to renewed missile attacks by Hamas after the two sides' six-month cease-fire ended last month. A ground invasion of the territory has looked increasingly likely, as Israel has been bringing artillery, armor and infantry to the border.

[edit on 3-1-2009 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I'm not sure if I would fight back if I lived in the Gaza. They basically have no chance fighting so I think I would focus my efforts towards looking after my loved ones. It's not possible to send them anywhere so making sure the were in the right place at the right time would be key.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join