It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does knowing about the Noahide Laws change perception?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Names and References

Ha! I got through some of the Names and references and got a call (which HAS to be a Divine intervention because I was realizing that it would take much longer) from a Jewish friend. He gave me this link. *whew*
Hope it will be useful as I have not looked through it yet.

Edited to add: Just looked at it (if it pulls up mid page, just scroll up.. it was pulling up mid page for me) and it seems accurate thus far... though there is no reason to believe that he would send me a link that was inaccurate, I still want to be cautious so as to not mislead. Will post if I see anything that isn't accurate.

[edit on 2-1-2009 by justamomma]

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

Hey! It's a start!

The site says that it isn't an exhaustive list... lol, no wonder that the task was going to take you much longer than first estimated.

I've looked for these before, but my search words must have been lacking.

I had read that there were 72 names of God somewhere and searched using that.
Should have just used names of God.

Thank you, justamomma!

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by L.I.B.

Hey! It's a start!

The site says that it isn't an exhaustive list... lol, no wonder that the task was going to take you much longer than first estimated.

I've looked for these before, but my search words must have been lacking.

I had read that there were 72 names of God somewhere and searched using that.
Should have just used names of God.

Thank you, justamomma!

I was just coming to post that, oh goodness!! That is NOT an exhaustive list and my list is long, but sheesh!! look at 'Elohiym.. ouch! I don't have near that many.
Of course, my having to find the Names and find the corresponding verses would have been MUCH easier had I known this list were in extistence. *teasing*

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   

LOL

Yes, it would have been MUCH easier! Would it have been near as satisfying though?

I know that as I have time, I will be compiling a long list too. Unless of course, you still plan on putting your list into a word file? [lol, asked hopefully]

You'll get around to it as you have wanted to, just drop me a line when you do. In the meantime, I'll be delving into what you have just given me... for which I am grateful.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by L.I.B.

Yes, will still be working on the list I have. I quit for tonight as I have now realized why I was scared to start on it in the first place haha; but I will be sure to let you know when it is finished and will be happy to send it to you when I complete it.

Edited to add: and no, not nearly as satisfying as it was going through the exercise that was given to me in that I learned the Names, meanings, and contexts of the Names.

[edit on 2-1-2009 by justamomma]

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Super!

I plan to read the verses and the accompanying text with the full name. I also plan to somehow indicate the actual name within my bible as well as have the definition of each name in there too.

I'll figure it out without butchering.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by L.I.B.

yup. Coz you know. God CHOSE isreal and the jews to be the "chosen people". Makes lots of sense.
WHILE I love theology and read plenty, knew all the info you gave but its good to know people out there are aslo interested, it is all horse crap. lol to put it simply. or all shell fish.

613 laws. yea ok. this is what GOD is saying..laying down laws. u know, makes sense.
oh wait. THIS tribe is WORTH it...let me CHOOSe them.
yea..there it is. makes so much sense.

simply put again. its an interesting academic exercise..but THATS ALL IT IS PEOPLE> or should I say
SHEEPLE

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by MrJelly

Hello MrJelly,

simply put again. its an interesting academic exercise..but THATS ALL IT IS PEOPLE> or should I say
SHEEPLE

Have you found anything besides the academic exercise? If so, have you found that sometimes it is incomplete academics that present divisions among people? If not, then perhaps my question is moot.

All the best to you.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Hi L.I.B, hope all is well. Hey, a thread where people aren't trying to rip each other apart! How nice this is.

Originally posted by L.I.B.
This is so strange to me. I've read the bible a number of times, and have never gotten this message that Jesus is God.

How about here?

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning.

The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth." from John 1 (certainly the whole chapter gives more detail)

[edit on 9-1-2009 by saint4God]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join