It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News ticker: 'Let's hope the magic negro does a good job'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Fox News ticker: 'Let's hope the magic negro does a good job'

rawstory.com

As if Americans needed any more reminders of how closely aligned with the Republican party the Fox News network is, New Year's Eve brings us this new tidbit.

During it's broadcast from New York City, the network encouraged viewers to send in text messages which, if approved by moderators, would scroll across the Fox ticker at the bottom of the screen.

Moderators, however, let this one slip: "HAPPY NEW YEAR AND LET’S HOPE THE MAGIC NEGRO DOES A GOOD JOB. LOVE JEN AND JOHN C."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Chip Saltsman, a candidate to lead the Republican National Committee, distributed a CD to RNC members containing the parody song "Barack the Magic Negro," that has been a source of loud, public GOP infighting over the holiday season.

Seriously, why are some people so obsessed with the man's skin color or even make the association to it. We've had this Mussolini, uhm I mean Berlusconi making remarks about his skin colour and it seems to really bother some people.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 2-1-2009 by Mdv2]

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I agree, its disrespectful and a relic from the past that should have been caught by the Fox moderators. Im not an Obama supporter, and really do not expect any worthwhile "change" that I can believe in from him, but I dont think racial remarks or tickers are necessary.

But then again, Fox news isnt exactly a source of serious reporting IMO. Its more like an extension of their entertainment department. But thats just my opinion.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   
FOX is to the news as KFC is to the chicken.

Glorious brainwashing yet so hilarious and fun to watch sometimes...

Their bloopers are priceless, this one is no exception

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Before people start saying "So what, it's just Spanish for the color 'black'," know that it was used with racist intent.

Just like the term "Whitey" is a disrespectful term, even though it means "white," "negro" is just as bad as well.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Because you will always have your 10% racists that exist in every nationality. The only reason people think it is a problem is because it is played up by the media for ratings. Just look at what you posted. It is merely a one or two liner that doesn't merit the attention it will get. You posting it here means it will get more attention. Honestly, if you wouldn't have posted it, I wouldn't have ever heard about it.

BTW, I am not attacking you about posting it. Just using you as an example. If I had seen I would have posted it myself.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   
[edit on 2-1-2009 by LiquidMirage]

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Wah-Wah !

Big deal, no conspiracy here. ..Move along please.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Obama isn't even THAT black. He is a mix of some crazy amount of races which of least is african american. I am not racist by ANY means but if african americans are so equal then why do they make such a big deal out of anything one of them does? If they truly wanted to be equal (which I believe they are by all means) then they would take such an event as one of their own race becoming president in stride.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
As an outside observer of this issue, I just can't help wondering if this whole issue of race, and the powerfully placed antagonists on both sides of the fence, are deliberately ramping up the whole race / colour issue. Taking it a step further on down the line, were something bad to happen to Obama, perpetrated by a white guy (another Lee Harvey Oswald type patsy?), the ramifications could mean open race wars.

Maybe that's the plan? Make an issue of race or colour and turn the people against each other to usher in a tighter regime of government and police control. The virtual police state that is perhaps inevitable if this carries on and people fall for the obvious antagonism and turn violent.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by DJMessiah

The word "negro" is not disrespectful or racist. The word existed long before it was given a negative meaning by an overly sensitive, politically correct society.

The word itself means black. It's just a word. Any meaning that word is given is the fault of the people assigning the meaning. I'm sure if John McCain were elected and someone sent in "HAPPY NEW YEAR AND LET’S HOPE THE MAGIC BLANCO DOES A GOOD JOB. LOVE JEN AND JOHN C.", no one would think a thing of it.

Blanco has as much racist meaning as Negro. The only difference is society jumps off a cliff over the use of one and not the other. I'm more concerned about our double standards than I am the meaningless, made-up definitions of the words we use.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
the ramifications could mean open race wars.

If blacks and whites had their own separate propaganda networks to view, this may occur. But as of now, we share. It would be impossible to turn even a noticeable amount of either ethnic population against one another without some unforeseen, and most likely impossible, change in the social and cultural make-up and structure of the United States.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
'Let's hope the magic negro does a good job'

OMG, what moron. Magic isn't even real!

Now all his friends will know he believes in magic - what a fool.

Some people should THINK before making stupid remarks. Magic! HA!

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   
During the election I had an interesting discussion with a few people on the 'color' issue:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I was actually very encouraged by how level-headed it was & got the impression the whole thing has to a large extent been put behind the American people.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
'Let's hope the magic negro does a good job'

OMG, what moron. Magic isn't even real!

Now all his friends will know he believes in magic - what a fool.

Some people should THINK before making stupid remarks. Magic! HA!

I don't think anyone will be taking his remark that seriously, and I don't think he really believes in magic either. It is simply a word that denotes a certain meaning to him personally. I, however do believe in magic and frankly couldn't give a flying one whether that, in the minds of others, makes me a fool or not.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   
So is negro now on the list of things we can't say?

Should I add it to the list?

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

"So is negro now on the list of things we can't say? "

Winston, I see you have yet to receive you updated edition of Authorized NewsSpeak...

But lets face it, Obama would have to be 'magic' to pull off whatever CHANGE his fanatical supporters HOPE he will do for them FOR A BETTER TOMORROW.

THE TIME IS NOW (no, really?)

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   
The truly sad part is not what was typed but the fact that many feel that he is some sort of "messiah" that will magically rescue the country. He has already covered himself by saying that things will get worse and it will take 5-6 years for a turn around.

Lets be honest here, he told the people what they wanted to hear and now he is the POTUS elect. So there is no room to complain if he doesn't produce what "the people" thought he should.

1. You failed to say exactly "what" change you wanted and he didn't say.

2. You failed to say exactly "when" the change was to take place and he wasn't specific.

3. You failed to say exactly "how" you expected him to make the change and he didn't elaborate.

Therefor he must do nothing and he is quite safe in doing so. Because it was the people that failed in their duty to ask the proper questions in order to get their answer.

At least give him a chance before you slam the door on him.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by pstrron

Someone did question Obama and nobody liked the answer so he was painted as a non tax paying, unlicsened, undercover mole for McCain.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi
reply to post by DJMessiah

The word "negro" is not disrespectful or racist. The word existed long before it was given a negative meaning by an overly sensitive, politically correct society.

The word itself means black. It's just a word. Any meaning that word is given is the fault of the people assigning the meaning. I'm sure if John McCain were elected and someone sent in "HAPPY NEW YEAR AND LET’S HOPE THE MAGIC BLANCO DOES A GOOD JOB. LOVE JEN AND JOHN C.", no one would think a thing of it.

The question that can be asked is if the chance would be considerable that anyone would associate McCain with his skin color. The context 'magic negro' sounds degrading to me, but it seems i'm one of the few with this opinion.

Actually, I have no problems myself with the word negro. In fact, here in the Netherlands a manufacturer of the famous 'negerzoen' (negro kiss) decided to change the name into 'angel kisses' because some might find it discriminating, which in my opinion is totally BS. They have been called negro kisses for over 200 years and I will remain to call them like that. I cannot imagine people feeling insulted over some silly piece of chocolate. We also have 'Jewish cookies' here, I've heard any Jewish organization complaining about them.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join