It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think if we hold mass protests at area 51 they would tell us what's there?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
This is just a thought im not actually saying im recruiting people to hold mass protests at area 51 right now
but what would happen if we held mass protests at the area 51 gates and it was all over the news and papers surely there would come a point when it got too much and something would have to be revealed

I don’t personally see if it did happen then American Government able to do anything about this they would have no choice other than to at least give us something to shut us up and stop the media attention

I mean think about it all it is really is just people asking the government what they are doing in their own country just a harmless question right or that’s what it would look like to the rest of the world

although if there was protests they would strictly have to be non violent ones otherwise the whole idea is worthless because the media would portray them as hooligans and move on

[edit on 1-1-2009 by Anti - Government]

[edit on 1-1-2009 by Anti - Government]

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
It would attract local and some national media, rekindle some interest in the topic for a short time, cause the government to maybe issue some statement. But just because their statement does not confirm some people's beliefs on the subject does not mean they are lying. They may just say a truth protesters won't want to hear. All in all, such a protest would be interesting but fruitless.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anti - Government
Do you think if we hold mass protests at area 51 they would tell us what's there?

No.

but what would happen if we held mass protests at the area 51 gates and it was all over the news and papers surely there would come a point when it got too much and something would have to be revealed

They would find a way to portrait everyone protesting as lunatics looking for little green men, on the evening news. They’ve kept this policy for more than 60 years, they wouldn’t suddenly change it just because a few hundred people were protesting at the gates.

Also, no matter what you believe goes on in Groom Lake/Area 51, there are ‘legit’ secret programs, so to speak, going on.

Look at it this way: At the time of the Manhattan Project, if people were to go there and protest that they had a right to know, the Military would tell people? No. It was a Top Secret project. People didn’t have a need to know.

The bottom line is, no one knows for sure that anything related to aliens or alien technology went on or goes on there. And even if it did, I don’t think the Military would be legally obligated to disclose anything.

The Executive Branch on the other hand, I’m not so sure. But maybe that’s why people believe the Executive Branch isn’t always told of what goes on in there.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
How come people see it as a norm tha the government doesnt have to tell us something when in fact they should'nt be able to do it without us knowing it we should be running the country but people are happy for them to do it and take our freedoms like this with it

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I think it would be a complete waste. But the closest businesses would welcome the people. They could use the income from food, drink, and motels.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Seriously, do you have any grasp on reality or just trolling the forums

I dont know what world you live in, but what your suggesting is a quick way to prison, or worse. Good jorb

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by atsbeliever

Seriously though you will just accept that if you go near somewhere you(that is in your country) go to prison ye because that makes a hell of a lotta sense

some of you need to wake up and realize we dont have a say in anything anymore and we are completely out of control here

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I honestly think the answer is having some billionaire that doesn't care about his future to do something about it. Pretty simple to do really. Hire about 500-1,000 Blackwater type guys to parachute in with nonlethal weapons, and simply take things. You could even use that disgruntled astronaut that wore the diaper to kill her lovers girlfriend. You have pilots ready to fly the disk out for you.

I would never be involved in such activities of course.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   

How come people see it as a norm tha the government doesnt have to tell us something when in fact they should'nt be able to do it without us knowing it we should be running the country but people are happy for them to do it and take our freedoms like this with it

Because these scenarios are contemplated by the law? I’m sure that the Government and Military classify information because: 1) they (legally) can, and 2) sometimes they really need to.

Let’s not forget that not everything the Military or the Government does is with the intent of fooling it’s citizens, or with some other ulterior motives. Sometimes there really is a need to classify information, in order to protect the country and it’s citizens.

I’m not saying everything they do is in our interest, or to protect us.. no, I know better, and that’s part of why I’m here on ATS

But don’t you agree with this? That Governments and all their branches, have the need to keep some information secret?

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   

What freedoms are you loosing?
Simply because they have legit black budget advanced military programs going, How does this threaten you?

We always have had black budget programs running that's how you maintain a strategic advantage over potential adversaries, by keeping military advances a secret.

Are there little green guys there?
Are they back engineering stuff?
Are they working on the next generation of technical advancement that will keep you safe while you are typing your complaint?

[edit on 1-1-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I think I can see where you are coming from here but still Im not so sure that they should have to keep information from us information that should rightly be heard hell Nasa has said that if we was going to be killed by an asteroid then they wouldn’t tell us but I’d rather know but then again I understand that some people wouldn’t really want to

But surely you can understand that I cannot keep living here knowing that the people who are controlling us wouldn’t give us all the information that we need and should have even if it could affect all our lives

So if there was a threat from another country saying that they are going to attack us and they said it in secret away from news reporters and journalists would the governments really tell us about this because I seriously doubt it

im sorry but i cant seem to find where nasa has said this but i'll continue to search for it

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

what do you mean what freedoms

if we even go near area 51 we can get shot

so ye gotta love that freedom

also we all know that in everyday life we dont have all our freedoms that we should have

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
How about a March on Area 51 like a March on Washington or more like one of the Million Man Marches. & not just to the gates of Area 51 but a March right past & onward to the facility itself. What is the Government going to do, shoot everyone? Arrest everyone? In front of all the Media I think not, if it was to be made known worldwide & had worldwide coverage I think it would be very interesting. Hey Rev. Al & Rev. Jackson we need a Frontline baby!!!!!

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Too many of you are paranoid and afraid to an unacceptable extreme on this one...

This is exactly the type of thing WE ALL should be doing...
100s of people... Thousands would be better. Call out all the local news crews, and with that will come national news crews. Make it an issue, know what you want and go for it, make it something big, make it something no one can ignore.

If this kind of thing was to ever take place, it could do way more good than harm. It's all about how your approach it, and you got to cover your ass (mass amounts of people from all over, and news crews.)

Lets do it.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I think I can see where you are coming from here but still Im not so sure that they should have to keep information from us information that should rightly be heard hell Nasa has said that if we was going to be killed by an asteroid then they wouldn’t tell us but I’d rather know but then again I understand that some people wouldn’t really want to

But surely you can understand that I cannot keep living here knowing that the people who are controlling us wouldn’t give us all the information that we need and should have even if it could affect all our lives

To answer your first statement if an steroid was coming to kill us why tell anybody if we had no means of defending against it? All you would do is cause mass chaos and pandemonium people would be rioting and killing each other thinking there was a safe place to go.
Nah I agree let people go about their business then BOOM it's all over and done with in a matter of seconds.

As for the second part Again I ask how is this threatening you?
Hint stay away from the boundaries.

They have legit black programs running, they don't know you from Adam as you approach the boundaries, you could be a spy from anywhere on the globe.

[edit on 1-1-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I have alreasy said that i understand that alot of people wouldnt want to know if for example a deadly asteroid was heading for earth

and where did i say i feel threatened i feel annoyed thats for sure because we should know about alot more than what we do already

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   

I think I can see where you are coming from here but still Im not so sure that they should have to keep information from us information that should rightly be heard

Don’t forget that when you elect someone, besides giving them the power that comes with the job, you are (indirectly) saying you trust that person’s judgment. If they deem certain information is not for public consumption, they can classify it as such.

Don’t get me wrong, if the Government really has information pertaining to aliens (and I believe they do), they shouldn’t keep it from the public.

Also, I think there’s a big difference between a President knowing about aliens or something of that magnitude and deciding not to let the people know; and the President (and other Representatives of the people) not even knowing about it.

The latter is much more serious, at least from a legal and democratic point of view, and it certainly seems that it has happened.

But what I was saying is that, if the Government legally has the power to classify information, you are subject to the judgment of the people in power.

I wasn’t saying they have the right to do whatever they want, or that you should give up on your fights. Far from it. If you believe you are entitled to something, keep on fighting.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
A military site, with expressly posted warnings "lethal force permitted" you should take seriously.
Im not 'for' it but unless you have an army with nukes, bombers & stealth aircraft a bunch of dudes with banners is gonna get their asses interrogated & thrown to jail. Try that in any other country and you'd probably be shot long before..

Besides, I sincerely doubt they have any UFO stuff there after all the press it has gotten. Its all underground or in some giant hollowed out cave well beyond public borders!

reply to post by atsbeliever

Seriously though you will just accept that if you go near somewhere you(that is in your country) go to prison ye because that makes a hell of a lotta sense

some of you need to wake up and realize we dont have a say in anything anymore and we are completely out of control here

[edit on 1-1-2009 by atsbeliever]

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by smokehouseslim
How about a March on Area 51 like a March on Washington or more like one of the Million Man Marches. & not just to the gates of Area 51 but a March right past & onward to the facility itself. What is the Government going to do, shoot everyone? Arrest everyone?

I’m not sure where I read it, but I believe the signs that used to say that deadly force was authorized are no longer there, but still we don’t know for sure what are the “rules of engagement” Area 51 security have been given.

But yes, no doubt that they could arrest everyone. It is a secure Military base. You would be arrested if you breached any other base.

In front of all the Media I think not, if it was to be made known worldwide & had worldwide coverage I think it would be very interesting.

You think they would care? It probably would be great for them! Think about it, it would send a message to everyone watching not to do it again.

[edit on 1-1-2009 by danx]

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   

and where did i say i feel threatened i feel annoyed thats for sure because we should know about alot more than what we do already

Well now I don't know you have edited your OP twice now after people started posting it's hard in this situation to keep tabs
Chears
Oh that was last night never mind
it's all good.

Peace
SLAY

top topics

<<   2 >>

join