It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Hell is Breaking Loose

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   
All hell is breaking loose in Iraq right now. And it's only just the beginning. This administration should at least be impeached for the carnage and mayhem they have created.

This is a list of articles on it from just one site.

130 SOLDIERS KILLED IN IRAQ - REPORTS: A Pentagon source has said up to 130 US troops have been killed in fierce fighting in Iraq.

52 Iraqis dead as Falluja engulfed in fighting: Fierce street battles are raging in Falluja between resistance fighters defending the town and US occupation forces, who are launching missile attacks in and around residential areas.

U.S. hits mosque in Iraq, reportedly killing up to 40: U .S. forces battling Sunni insurgents in this violent city apparently hit a mosque filled with people today, and witnesses said as many as 40 people were killed.

14 U.S. SOLDIERS DIE AS SHIITES REVOLT: Also on Tuesday, the U.S. Army said one soldier was killed in Baghdad. An informal count found that at least 23 Americans have died since Sunday.

US troops kill eight demonstrators in Kirkuk as helicopter crashes northeast of Baghdad : At least eight Iraqis were shot dead Wednesday and 12 wounded in an exchange of gunfire with US occupation forces during a demonstration west of Kirkuk to protest US raids on Fallujah, police and medics said.

Ukraine troops pull out of Kut: Ukrainian troops Wednesday withdrew from the Iraqi city of Kut, south of the capital Baghdad, after heavy fighting with supporters of radical Shiite Muslim cleric Moqtada Sadr who now control the city, the defence ministry said.

Sadr aide says Iraqis capture coalition soldiers: A top aide to the militant Iraqi cleric Moqtada al-Sadr said on Wednesday that his supporters had captured a number of soldiers from the U.S.-led coalition during clashes currently taking place across a large swathe of Iraq.

Wanted Iraqi cleric 'willing to die' : Radical Shia cleric Moqtada al-Sadr said today that he was willing to die resisting any attempt to capture him, as US-led occupying forces struggled to contain insurgencies on two separate fronts.

Battles rage across Iraq: Almost 200 people have died in clashes and attacks during the last three days in battles between occupation forces and supporters of Muqtada al-Sadr in at least nine towns and cities.

Nearly 3 Million Iraqis, Sunni and Shiite, Approve of attacks on Americans

www.informationclearinghouse.info...

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I know it horrible that we are losing soldiers, buit that unfortunately is unavoidable when it comes to conflict.

Did you think that we would just go over there and the Iraqi's would just give up? Of course not. Sometimes blood has to be shed to get a problem solved.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyarlathotep
I know it horrible that we are losing soldiers, buit that unfortunately is unavoidable when it comes to conflict.

Did you think that we would just go over there and the Iraqi's would just give up? Of course not. Sometimes blood has to be shed to get a problem solved.

The invasion of Iraq was an unecessary, illegal war for profit. The men who got us into this unwinnable and untenable situation have no concept of middle eastern history or culture. They were warned this would happen. But in their colossal hubris, they ignored and belittled those who truly know the deal.
The blood of our dead, the blood of innocent Iraqis are on their heads forever.

Too few people have any concept of Iraq and its people. My time there during the Gulf War was a brilliant lesson on the subject.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
All hell is breaking loose in Iraq right now. And it's only just the beginning. This administration should at least be impeached for the carnage and mayhem they have created.

Spot on, ECK.
The $hit has hit the fan now!

Mosque link...
www.abc.net.au...

S.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Oh yeah...leave it to good ole' reliable informationclearinghouse.....covered here and the numbers are wrong, as of the dating of that article...
Seems that SKyNews has changed the numbers to 12!, as of last night....hmmm, good ole' informationclearinghouse..."day late and a dollar short"....!
Might want to acquaint yourself with this 5 pager:
US Forces Under Attack in Ar Ramadi, Iraq - Heavy Coalition Casualties

seekerof

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by sanctum

Spot on, ECK.
The $hit has hit the fan now!

Mosque link...
www.abc.net.au...

S.

Yeah, that's really gonna win hearts and minds.
Thanks for the link.

Here's this from The Australian:

None of the problems in Iraq comes as a surprise to those who know anything about that country or the Middle East. Iraq is not a nation-state. Rather, it was cobbled together by the British from the post-World War I wreckage of the Ottoman empire. The three main groups - Kurds, Sunni and Shiite Arabs - have always coexisted uneasily and only iron-fisted rule by central authorities in Baghdad has kept the country from splintering. Since its creation, Iraq has had no experience with democratic governance. Given this history, it's hardly to be wondered that the US has encountered such huge obstacles in postwar Iraq.
www.theaustralian.news.com.au... 4,9209187%5E7583,00.html

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Quoted from ECK,
"Nearly 3 Million Iraqis, Sunni and Shiite, Approve of attacks on Americans"

3 million sounds like a big number, Question "what is the total population of Iraq", does the 3 million come anywhere close to a majority - my instincts say that the number you have used represents somewhere around 15% of the population, hardly a majority.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Seekerof: "Oh yeah...leave it to good ole' reliable informationclearinghouse"

Seeker, InformationClearingHouse gets their articles mostly from the news wire (Associated Press, Reuters, Al Jazeera, etc)... They don't write them themselves... Try to pay attention if you don't want to look like you don't know what you're talking about.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix
Quoted from ECK,

3 million sounds like a big number, Question "what is the total population of Iraq", does the 3 million come anywhere close to a majority - my instincts say that the number you have used represents somewhere around 15% of the population, hardly a majority.

Some stats. From the mainstream.

www.mercurynews.com... s/iraq/4926086.htm

[Edited on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   
All of what is going on right now is the number one reason why we cannot leave yet... Because of knuckle heads like these who are creating havoc. These guys will be hunted down and their plot will fail.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by kramtronix
All of what is going on right now is the number one reason why we cannot leave yet... Because of knuckle heads like these who are creating havoc. These guys will be hunted down and their plot will fail.

And more radicals will be created and new plots will begin.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix
Quoted from ECK,

Some stats. From the mainstream.

www.mercurynews.com... s/iraq/4926086.htm

[Edited on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

Okay, now where is the proof that 3 million of them want us out?

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 12:18 PM
link   
...and don't sweat it.
Impeachment of the current administration will be the only thing to help the Iraqi situation. You have a military campaign void of any sound military strategy being run by the political apperatus of our country.....they in turn are run solely on political ideology.
As for numbers of dead/injured? They've already declared that they have lied about them & will make an extra effort to do so.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakomo
Seekerof: "Oh yeah...leave it to good ole' reliable informationclearinghouse"

Seeker, InformationClearingHouse gets their articles mostly from the news wire (Associated Press, Reuters, Al Jazeera, etc)... They don't write them themselves... Try to pay attention if you don't want to look like you don't know what you're talking about.

NO Jakomo..your full of crap!!
informationclearinghouse is for suckers!
How so...allow me to show you:
HEAVY FIGHTING IN IRAQ

This SkyNews and their "correction"...how is that informationclearinghouseforfools is still carrying an, as you say, "news from the newswire"? HUH?
The correction is this:

As many as 12 US marines have been killed in fierce fighting in Iraq between Coalition forces and what are thought to have been Saddam Hussein loyalists.

Earlier reports put the death toll after the "intense" battle as high as 130.

Yeah Jakomo....as par, I hear ya!

seekerof

[Edited on 8-4-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 12:24 PM
link   
[Edited on 8-4-2004 by TrueLies]

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   
The war in Iraq is not now nor was it then justified. Since President Bush I left office there has been a plan to invade Iraq and Dipose Saddam Heussein. President Clinton wouldn't have it and President BushII wouldnt have it either. UNTIL September 11, 2001 where my home city along with the pentagon were attacked and the people who died in Pennsylvania. It seems to me that since then George W. Bush jr. has flown off the handle. Unfortunately it is like Vietnam.... we're in there and unfortunately we are in there for the long run. I said this elsewhere but I will say it again, these radical Muslims are willing to fight FOREVER if thats how long it will take to destroy Western Culture. They despise it and will go to any ends at destroying it. That means that as long as these people have power NO WESTERN COUNTRY is safe. Right or wrong we have to do something about this and President BushII has chosen this path. Right or wrong it is the path America is on and I dont think it reasonable to expect us to just pick up our toys in the sand and just leave Iraq to their own devices. We have to be there now so there is no real sense in saying otherwise. No we shouldn't have been there to begin with but now its my countrymen getting killed by those who threaten us all. But America sucks and is trying to take over the world. If we wanted to dominate the world, you would clearly know it... would require no guess work and no conspiracy talk.

Veritas est opulentia

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   
The administration should be impeached? What are you talking about?

People die for causes every day, blood is shed for things to be done. Let me tell you, I pull nasty weeds every day, and I lose blood over it. Stupid rocks and thorns...

Thing is, look at Vietnam, that was a stupid war. This generation is full of extremists and I hope it comes back and bites you all in the arse.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Those countrymen are getting killed because of Bush and his "advisers"...
How obvious does it have to get for you?? Do you understand history, do you understad different perspectives other then your own? Do you know that
we went in there under FALSE pretenses??

It's not because they are a threat, they were never a threat to us... They hate us because our government is corrupt. They lie lie lie, they hate our media because they are a bunch of lying spin doctors to further people away from the truth.
Do you think if it was the way you just mentioned it there wouldn't be so many coverups and foot dragging?? If it really was how you claim it is, I don't think these people at the top would have a problem just coming out and telling us like it is.

Iraq has never been a threat to us... Sadam was a threat to his people and the middle east. US went in there when he tried to invade Kuwait because he was jealous. The US helped Kuwait out and embargo's were then in place.
Now Bush Jr had said that he was going to take Sadam out before he got into office. He did it....

So tell me why the Iraqi people are under occupation?

They have no wmd, they have no chemical or biological weapons... Which is the reason we went in there in the first place right?
Now we have them under martial law but at the same time claim we are there to give them democracy?

What about all the oil contracts Bush has going for his corporate buddies? And the reconstruction of Iraq..

If he cared about Iraqi freedom countries wouldn't just be going in there and setting up shop and oil contracts wouldn't be signed by corporations, he would be doing everything for the Iraqi people, and letting them have a say, and letting them hold positions.

I don't see any of this happening except American forces putting them under lock down.... Again I say they are hiding their true colors and feeding us BS and your eating it up.... which is what they want..

[Edited on 7-4-2004 by TrueLies]

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by eagle

This generation is full of extremists and I hope it comes back and bites you all in the arse.

No wonder your lonely...

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aero
The war in Iraq is not now nor was it then justified. Since President Bush I left office there has been a plan to invade Iraq and Dipose Saddam Heussein. President Clinton wouldn't have it and President BushII wouldnt have it either. UNTIL September 11, 2001 where my home city along with the pentagon were attacked and the people who died in Pennsylvania. It seems to me that since then George W. Bush jr. has flown off the handle. Unfortunately it is like Vietnam.... we're in there and unfortunately we are in there for the long run. I said this elsewhere but I will say it again, these radical Muslims are willing to fight FOREVER if thats how long it will take to destroy Western Culture. They despise it and will go to any ends at destroying it. That means that as long as these people have power NO WESTERN COUNTRY is safe. Right or wrong we have to do something about this and President BushII has chosen this path. Right or wrong it is the path America is on and I dont think it reasonable to expect us to just pick up our toys in the sand and just leave Iraq to their own devices. We have to be there now so there is no real sense in saying otherwise. No we shouldn't have been there to begin with but now its my countrymen getting killed by those who threaten us all. But America sucks and is trying to take over the world. If we wanted to dominate the world, you would clearly know it... would require no guess work and no conspiracy talk.

Veritas est opulentia

Perhaps you didnt understand the plain words of my first sentence, but it seems you just chose to ignore them. THE WAR IN IRAQ IS NOT NOW NOR WAS IT EVER JUSTIFIED. THERE HAS BEEN A PLAN TO REMOVE SADDAM HEUSSEIN FROM POWER SINCE PRESIDENT BUSHI LEFT OFFICE. I have no quams with admitting that and no problems saying there are obvious underlying reasons why we invaded Iraq. I SEE YOUR POINT, and yes i do have a working understanding of history. Our people are dying however. And who I ask is killing them? ISLAMIC EXTREMISTS. These people similar to the extremists around the world are a constant threat to us which is made evident both by their actions and by their vocal hatred for WESTERN CULTURE. Somehow Europe has found a way to avoid accepting the idea that they too are at war. I am not saying that going to war in Iraq in the first place was right, personally I dont think we didnt have any business in the Middle East at all until a HOLY WAR was declared against us and all other Western countries. The truth hurts if youre scared go to church... Deal with it.

Veritas est opulentia

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join