It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Hell is Breaking Loose

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Seeker: "This SkyNews and their "correction"...how is that informationclearinghouseforfools is still carrying an, as you say, "news from the newswire"? HUH? "

Um, read the article linked at Information Clearing House. It says "Sky News' David Chater said: "None of this is official yet - none of it is confirmed.""

Read it again and think about what it means. Is it misleading? Maybe they'll post a redactment on InformationClearingHouse when the webmaster updates the site daily, but as it stands that article is nothing solid anyway, Seeker.

If you get all your news from one site (like blaming InformationClearingHouse because they haven't updated lately), then you're not gonna get all the news you need.

I use quite a few. Whatreallyhappened.com, Antiwar.com, Counterpunch.org, commondreams.org, a lot of Brit sites, and the AP and Reuters link sites.

j

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 08:45 AM
link   
"All hell is breaking loose in Iraq right now. And it's only just the beginning. This administration should at least be impeached for the carnage and mayhem they have created."

Ya know what i think!?!? I reackon you're #ing loving this. Im thinkin ur #ing loving seeing it go up cack alley for iraq and for the US occupation. I think you secretly grin and think "AH. THIS WAR SHOULD'VE NEVER HAPPENED AND I TOLD YA SO!" whenever you hear of a coalition soldiers death.

I personally believe this was a neccesary war. And this resistance AGAINST the future freedom of iraq is just bitter anti-americanism and not just for the true future of the Iraqi people.

i just thank # you're not running any super-power.

[edit - post for topic starter btw]

[Edited on 8-4-2004 by GeniusSage]

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeniusSage
"All hell is breaking loose in Iraq right now. And it's only just the beginning. This administration should at least be impeached for the carnage and mayhem they have created."

Ya know what i think!?!? I reackon you're #ing loving this. Im thinkin ur #ing loving seeing it go up cack alley for iraq and for the US occupation. I think you secretly grin and think "AH. THIS WAR SHOULD'VE NEVER HAPPENED AND I TOLD YA SO!" whenever you hear of a coalition soldiers death.

I personally believe this was a neccesary war. And this resistance AGAINST the future freedom of iraq is just bitter anti-americanism and not just for the true future of the Iraqi people.

i just thank # you're not running any super-power.

[edit - post for topic starter btw]

GS, Just out of interest do you own a gun?
I hope not!! Your ava', speaks a thousand words.
S.

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Nah, im british. Why would i own a gun anyway?!

[EDIT - it is a beautiful avatar is it not hehe]

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   
All hell is breaking loose.... what can these Iraqi's do?
Are they free like they promised they would be
in operation "Iraqi freedom" ???

Just so we know what kinds of freedoms they are showing them lets take a look:

freedoms they have shown them in Iraq:

Freedom of the Press? No.

Freedom to come and go from their own towns? No.

Freedom of Religion? Maybe, but we disrespected it though, remember the flag they tore down???

Here's a biggie:
Freedom to choose their leaders? No.

Freedom from unlawful search and siezure? No.

So tell me what freedoms they hate?

Its the "hypothetical" freedom they just can't "quite" see yet, the one that the US is promising them is just right around the corner. Sumbit, dont question, and O-B-E-Y

[Edited on 8-4-2004 by TrueLies]

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 10:07 AM
link   
GeniusSage: "I personally believe this was a neccesary war. And this resistance AGAINST the future freedom of iraq is just bitter anti-americanism and not just for the true future of the Iraqi people. "

How about it's bitter, LEGITIMATE anti-Americanism? Due to how the Iraqis have been treated by your country, maybe some of this ill will is deserved?

This is resistance against the USA, NOT against Freedom, that's just ludicrous.

j

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Nah, im british. Why would i own a gun anyway?!

[EDIT - it is a beautiful avatar is it not hehe]

YEAH, It's a grouse avatar!! NOT
But GS, you pinched it from the letterhead of the
'Maralinga Shire Council'

www.sea-us.org.au...

S.

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakomo
GeniusSage: "I personally believe this was a neccesary war. And this resistance AGAINST the future freedom of iraq is just bitter anti-americanism and not just for the true future of the Iraqi people. "

How about it's bitter, LEGITIMATE anti-Americanism? Due to how the Iraqis have been treated by your country, maybe some of this ill will is deserved?

This is resistance against the USA, NOT against Freedom, that's just ludicrous.

Jackomo I definitely agree you.

Freedom is relative and for the US to go in there and tell Iraqi's what kind of freedom they are going to have is absolutely absurd.

Democracy cannot be imposed by outside forces, it must come from within.

Secondly, you cannot impose a democracy upon these people when you don't even understand these people and their attitudes towards the west.
Lack of understanding is definitely one of the hallmarks of the neo-con agenda.

Third, to go on a little bit of a tangent here, I would like to make a point with factual information.

The idealistic view that the Bush administration wants democracy in Iraq is absurd & cannot be factually supported. I'm saying that Bush and co.
most likely don't even give a #e about the true interests of soverign nations.
For Example:

The United States gov/military supported!
Saddam during the Iran-Iraq war and abandoned
the Kurds and Shiites after the Gulf War.
Saddam was most likely "thee" worst
hated figure in Iraq, but don't ever forget that
America probably came in second.

And to make another point, if American's were ever invaded by say the soviet union back in the day and were going to be told what kind of country you would be living in, would you all be royally pissed?
Oh wait, you were... You opposed a possible Russian occupation...
What makes this any different??

This doesn't have to do with freedom as the government would like you to believe.

[Edited on 8-4-2004 by TrueLies]

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Well come on they had to be hiding somewhere.... Anyone notice how easy it was to take iraq..

I think they all were just waiting for a good opportunity and they found it so they attacked.

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLiesDemocracy cannot be imposed by outside forces, it must come from within.

Very well said.
I wish others would realize that.

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   
i for one...admit, solemnly, that i secretly am pleased that the iraqi people are finally forming up, and posing a threat.
as amazingly sadistic as that may sound, i agree...that the U.S needs to be taught a lesson.

you see, alexander the great was an amazingly strong athlete, he led his men to victory time and time again, now THAT was a leader.

you see, i doubt GWB could do more than sit on his fat arse and make silly comments about iraq, only if he's proven wrong and the U.S'es debt closes up on peta-trillions, after the budget is totalled, i see GWB declaring that he'd never intended on going into iraq since they're only "assumed" there were weapons of mass destruction there. (now you see where i'm going with this? something as outrageous as that would sound quite convincing in his little mind now wouldnt it?).

you are dealing with play-dough for a president, his "reliable sources" manipulate him, he's a loose cannon, since none of us quite know what he may be planning next simply because his advisors keep pulling the strings in different directions?

this proves to be yet another ruthless argument (i tend to be overtly extreme these days) however, let's keep this civilized.
Cyrus

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Cyrus, that is about what I would expect from you. I doubt you will see any of us Americans you hate so much saying we're glad that anyone is dying, no matter who they are and what country they are from, even yours. Unlike you, we take no delight in death and destruction however nessisary we might think it is.

You are officially on my "Speader of Negative Energy" list.

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ambient Sound
Cyrus, that is about what I would expect from you. I doubt you will see any of us Americans you hate so much saying we're glad that anyone is dying, no matter who they are and what country they are from, even yours. Unlike you, we take no delight in death and destruction however nessisary we might think it is.

You are officially on my "Speader of Negative Energy" list.

Really?
Why are so many calling for Iraq to be leveled?
Why are they calling for nukes?
They don't care about the lives of the people in Iraq or Afghanistan.

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Maybe the people who are calling for those things think its nessisary, but I maintain that even if it comes to that, we won't enjoy it.

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   
the idea is for them to create more terrorists so the grand deception can be furthered...that is why the script is being played out in this way...its all a show at the expense of average lives

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Yeah they will enjoy it... And maybe the American people don't like whats going on, but the fact of that matter is the president represents the people, he is supposed to be working for them, so when you have a president that continues this barbarism and claims himself as a war president"" and the American people are putting up with it, it gives the other countries such as the one Cyrus is from, the wrong impression.

You know how North Korea's leader is a commie and we all think he's crazy, well I bet you there are millions of people there that go against what he does but can't do anything about it in fear of being killed or slaughtered.
But we think N Koreans are crazy commie fukcers.

Impressionism......

jhh

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   
One year ago we were going after some silly, unneeded campaign to get rid of Saddam. Today all but the kurds are firing at us. Who are we now protecting? Why have we just been chased out of two cities? when will it be realized that we are no longer fighting against the same group as we were before?

It is pretty clear at this moment, if elections were held in Iraq, all but the Kurds would vote us out. They no longer want us, so who are we protecting. Absolute bull# that this is continuing.

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   
"i for one...admit, solemnly, that i secretly am pleased that the iraqi people are finally forming up, and posing a threat.
as amazingly sadistic as that may sound, i agree...that the U.S needs to be taught a lesson."

nice one for admitting it... but you see what im gettin at? people like the topic poster pretend to be shocked by every US troop's death and they expect us to be moved by their shock. too fake for my liking.

it may be impossible for democracy to come from an outside force, but the way they were going, MANY more people would have died before democracy could kick in. The US/UK etc will eventualy put Iraq into a state where democracy can grow.

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   

it may be impossible for democracy to come from an outside force

And BINGO was his name'O! You can not help a person that does not want 'your type' of help.

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
are you telling me the majority of iraqis would have liked to continue living under saddams vicious regime if it meant they didnt have to have american troops in their country?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join