It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Collapse says Former KGB Analyst

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Fox

MOSCOW — For a decade, Russian academic Igor Panarin has been predicting the U.S. will fall apart in 2010. Now he's found an eager audience: Russian state media, who are interviewing him twice a day. A polite and cheerful man with a buzz cut, Professor Panarin insists he does not dislike Americans. But he warns that the outlook for them is dire. "There's a 55-45 percent chance right now that disintegration will occur," says Panarin. "One could rejoice in that process," he adds, poker-faced. "But if we're talking reasonably, it's not the best scenario — for Russia."

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
As I see it, we are more likely at 75% chance of US collapse. The martial law will hold things together for a few years, but people will tire of the antagonistic control by military forces.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
The Russians have been hardest hit by the world economic meltdown.
The country has been in a state of economic, military, social, and every other area massive decline for decades, it's inevitable they will deflect from their own seemingly insurmoutable problems. The country loses 700,000 people a year, life expectancy is at the level of a poor African nation, health and morale are devastatingly low.

Only the high prices of oil the lat four years gave the Putin regime enough pocket cash to start on their new aggressive push. And that's coming to a rapid end.

Expect even more false bravado and fatalistic predictions from Russia as India, China, Korea, Japan, and other places move forward and Russia sinks back into it's usual position of being a gigantic impoverished Third World country with a lot of attitude.

Nietzsche once wrote "God is Dead" some later added "Nietzsche is dead - God"

Mike F

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
It's quite amusing though when people talk about American influence shrinking and that America will no longer be the biggest economic, political, and military influence in the world and that automatically means the end of the US!

No Wrong! We will still be a powerful country with a strong military and our economy will rebound and yes we will still go on being American. It's just that since the end of WWII the rest of the world has finally reached our standard of living and in some areas they have passed it.

The world we live in now is exactly what the US, UK and NATO stood up to the communist nations all those decades ago to bring about.

Why just in the past 20 to 30 years most Europeans and some Asians in free market economies have a slightly higher standard of living now.

This does not mean that we in the US have fallen it means that we have won the old cold war, where most of the world has defeated communism and now have Democracies and free markets and higher standards of living.

This is exactly what we fought for!

Once upon a time back in the day the US was pretty much the only strong economy after WWII and so we set about helping our Europeans cousins rebuild Europe and pumped billions into our Asian allies economies, the result now they have a very high standard of living and when they look at the US we are not as impressive as we once appeared.

It's all good we will take our place at the world table as a wealthy and strong country just not the biggest dog anymore.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
well its so baffling to see that woman just lie to the world to justify such evil. thats why they chose her a long time ago because it doesent look so bad when a woman is the one justifying the violence if it were an old fat guy the things they do wold be more ovious. the us has given israel money and weapons of mass destruction the media constanly bashes hamaz and its so ovious what theyre doing its sickening israel deserves to die. the elite are so tied to this i want to wake up from this one world goverment nightmare. satan will always loose no matter what.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 02:21 AM
link   
SLAYER69 wrote,

Once upon a time back in the day the US was pretty much the only strong economy after WWII and so we set about helping our Europeans cousins rebuild Europe and pumped billions into our Asian allies economies, the result now they have a very high standard of living and when they look at the US we are not as impressive as we once appeared.

I agree with the sentiment here, but it's hard to say what would have happened if the US hadn't supported other countries the way they did.

Improved technology, better education, better communications may have come from the US, but they didn't have an exclusive on any of these.
Western Europe, particularly the British, were no slouches as far as advanced thinking was concerned.

Admittedly the American infusion of capital and maintenance of security accelerated developments in many fields. But the US put a lot of emphasis on high tech weaponry to offset the Russians, and into entertainment, which I think was a blind alley in progress.

Maybe these were natural evolutions and even necessary in the the long run.
We might otherwise be now where we were, say, 25 years ago.
Actually, that doesn't sound so bad.

Anyway, we have no way of knowing in which directions things would have evolved had the US been isolationist and less generous. I'll buy into the thought that we are better off the way things did happen, though.

Mike F

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Well, I would love to echo these patriotic sentiments, but I am less optimistic. The UKs survival following the collapse of its empire is a historical anomaly. Did Rome survive? Greece? Egypt? Or a dozen other empires that have rose and fell in the history of humanity?

Sure, their ethnic lines survived, their names, but their territorial boundaries shrank. Their states fractured. And many of the people of the empires fought violent civil wars.

I have accepted the fact that children of my young son will not grow up in the 50 states of the United States of America and I have no plans to leave the southwest.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
This KGB analyst couldn't predict the downfall of his own country so, I should believe him, why?

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by traderjack
Well, I would love to echo these patriotic sentiments, but I am less optimistic. The UKs survival following the collapse of its empire is a historical anomaly. Did Rome survive? Greece? Egypt? Or a dozen other empires that have rose and fell in the history of humanity?

Sure, their ethnic lines survived, their names, but their territorial boundaries shrank. Their states fractured. And many of the people of the empires fought violent civil wars.

I have accepted the fact that children of my young son will not grow up in the 50 states of the United States of America and I have no plans to leave the southwest.

Old empires didn't have integrated economies, didn't have the internet, didn't have welfare systems, didn't have tons and tons of stuff that the U.S. has. I think the U.S. will lose its influence, but that's going to be because we will stop pushing out nose into other countries businesses. After the U.S. establishes a new energy grid and system, we will have little need to go to war, and the saving rates will climb, hopefully salvaging any ruin debt could bring. Taxes will be raised, services will be cut, but aside from that, the U.S will probably roll out of this century as one of many super powers, but will probably still have the most pull. If you want to bet on a collapse, bet on Russia or China, the U.S has been through worse.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by yellowcard

Originally posted by traderjack

Old empires didn't have integrated economies, didn't have the internet, didn't have welfare systems, didn't have tons and tons of stuff that the U.S. has. I think the U.S. will lose its influence, but that's going to be because we will stop pushing out nose into other countries businesses. After the U.S. establishes a new energy grid and system, we will have little need to go to war, and the saving rates will climb, hopefully salvaging any ruin debt could bring. Taxes will be raised, services will be cut, but aside from that, the U.S will probably roll out of this century as one of many super powers, but will probably still have the most pull. If you want to bet on a collapse, bet on Russia or China, the U.S has been through worse.

Your opening statement makes my argument more valid. Those old empires had none of these albatrosses hanging around their necks. Believe me, I know firsthand WAR INC. has no intentions of leaving their quadrillion dollar industry behind to build windmills and solar panels.
If the ***holes had any real humanity I'd be Captain of the Defiant or Titan by now and we'd be all drinkin' some Vulcan herbal tea.

top topics

join