It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Predictions for 2009: A grim outlook?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   
The new year being around the corner, I can't help thinking that it won't be a pleasant year. of our future is already in place when you look at:

The state of the worldwide Economy
The quickly changing environment and global warming
The wars in Iraq and Afghanistan still ongoing
The Palestinian issue worsening
Terrorism on the increase
No end in sight for hunger, poverty and conflicts in Africa
Pirates making a comeback
The arms race (Iran, missile shield in Europe, Russia, China...)
Andf so on

I believed (still want to believe) the message of Change of president Obama, but when I see that he decided to keep the ones working with Bush, I am truly gutted. It only showed me that the president isnt calling the shots in Washington. They may be some degree of change but their global strategy may remain in place.

All in all I believe I wont like 2009, but maybe thats just my pessimistic nature

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 04:08 AM
link   
add at least two more:

Pakistan/India - coming conflict
and Georgia/Russia - war for oil

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Narr its all good, same old stuff with India and the Pakkies going at it again and now the Jews and the Arabs arguing over some chips like a pack of Seagulls.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Im not particularly looking forward to 2009 really at all I think that the economy is going to completely fail if not in 2009 definitely within 5 years time but then again I am going to try to remain positive about things instead of dreading them

Why dread they anyway why not try to enjoy things think about what life would be life if for example we all was negative about everything that would have an impact and since I am a firm believer that we can control our own futures lets all be positive for once it can’t hurt can it

new topics

top topics

join