It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A challenge to astrologers (interpret the sky at moment of birth).

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Hello,

I have a request to any astrologers (or to others confident in astronomy) here in ATS. Also this could work as test to see whether astrologers here on ATS are any good
However, I am unsure if there are any hanging on these boards.

Anyway, here is a picture of a sky at the moment of birth of a person I know quite well; what I'd like you to do, is to interpret the character of this person by merely using the information of following picture. I quarantee that the picture is original and corresponding to the real character. I will not post any sensitive information about birthdate and place, but if you feel you need that information to make more proper interpretation, feel free to u2u me and I shall see if I dare to post the information requested. I also have better quality picture (larger) if the one posted here is insuffient. U2u an email address to me if you need that pic. I hope that this picture is enough for an astrologer to make out of something. I think that the birthdate is not important because isn't the ruling sign the one closest to the sun at the moment of birth?

Once I receive interpretations, I can tell you if they are accurate.

So here is the sky and I am looking forward to any interpretations. Thanks!

-v

[edit on 30-12-2008 by v01i0]

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Well, though I dont know much about astrology, but what i know is that you cant say the character of a person, by just viewing the sky at a time, you have to draw the square diagram with the position of all the planets marked in the respective boxes and the calculations made to determine the character of a person.

And also, the position of jupiter and saturn must be known, but is not visible in the image, it is crucial as planet saturn is supposed to be the god who bestows difficulties on you.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I'll take a guess.

Your friend often has a lot of chaos around them. Things are always seemingly hectic (may not be in fact but your friend likes to feel they are) it's how they get things done - when things are urgent

I'm gonna guess they are a water sign (Cancer Pices or Capricorn cusp. )

Emotions: a bit chilly sometimes or nonchalant about things. they can be greatly generous and warm but only for select few.

Analytical minded. They like to think - ALOT. Not so much in what-if's...but more like when's. They like possibilities and tend to start a lot of things but not necessarily finish them in order - like building something or painting.

Job: hmmmm. They need to be doing something that THEY feel is worthwhile. They don't need to really love the job but it has to have meaning and purpose, as they see it. Given the above they may be in law enforcement or military (they can follow order quite well but if left on their own they will simply start a million different projects - best if someone else is leading the way and helping with follow through) They love chaos but need order.

LMAO -I really am guessing so how close are my guesses?

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by peacejet
Well, though I dont know much about astrology, but what i know is that you cant say the character of a person, by just viewing the sky at a time, you have to draw the square diagram with the position of all the planets marked in the respective boxes and the calculations made to determine the character of a person.

And also, the position of jupiter and saturn must be known, but is not visible in the image, it is crucial as planet saturn is supposed to be the god who bestows difficulties on you.

Hmm, thanks for the info. I am neither an astrologer so I had no clue what is needed. I thought the picture of the sky at the moment of birth to be suffient.

About Saturn and Jupiter. Saturn is about one fist broad right from the moon in that picture. Jupiter is beyond the horizontal ground, or about to it, even little further than Saturn.

-v

[edit on 30-12-2008 by v01i0]

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by justgeneric

I'm gonna guess they are a water sign (Cancer Pices or Capricorn cusp. )

It is Virgo.

Originally posted by justgeneric

LMAO -I really am guessing so how close are my guesses?

Not bad at all. Especially the part considering work was quite alike to the real character, others were more ambiguous.

-v

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Yeah well that's how "readers" do it. Ambiguity how they cold read.

I do believe that each sign has distinguishing personality traits.

The basis for what I was guessing was Saturn and Mars. Saturn is chaos and Mars is control (analytical force). Supposedly anyway.

I'd also guess that your friend is female.

Not a bad guess. Anyway, supposedly through astrology and all of the house building and charting ascendants and all that hullaballoo you can get even more ambiguous information with the occasional direct hit. It depends on a number of factors though as I had read before.

I never really got into the study of it, but did read some great portraits of birth signs for myself that were spooky. I'll try to find the name of the book if you're interested but there are thousands out there.

Too bad someone with some experience hasn't replied to the thread to see if they could chart anything by the image you show above.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Hi,
I'm an Astrologer (have been reading charts since I was 18...so that's about 17 yrs now)

To interpret a chart you need to have the planetary positions marked within the circular wheel /grid we Astrologers use. Time , date and place of birth is needed to plot all celestial positions and to work out the Ascendent and Midheaven. The grid is also needed so we can see in which of the 12 houses and signs each heavenly body is placed in at the time of birth and to have a clear visual image of the angular relationships between all planets and any special patters that are made.

Astrolgers do not give interpretations from star maps like you have presented !

I'd have a look at the chart if I could see the darn thing !

(Please no U2U's for freebie readings/reports)

[edit on 31/12/08 by cosmicpixie]

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Yeah, you would need a "natal chart" at the time of birth, not a picture like the one you posted. I needs to look like this....

[edit on 31-12-2008 by scrubsnstuffkim]

new topics

top topics

join