It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why isn't Israel charged for WAR CRIMES ?!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mercenary2007
Hmmm Israel is blood thirsty? 90% of the time they only act after being attacked by their neighbors! Out of all the conflicts that the Arabs and Israel have had never once has there been a U.S. troop involved!

Yes the U.S. Backs Israel with weapons that they buy from us, they also buy weapons from France, and from the U.K.

The U.S. is also the Country that gets Israel and the Palestinians to sit down and put an end to the current fighting.

I wonder why Israel blockaded Gaza? could it be because they are tired of Hamas launching rockets, missles, and motars into Israel?

See the Palestinians in the Gaza strip brought this on themselves when they let Hamas take over. Hamas is a known terrorist organization and i believe for many years they were on the U.N.'s terrorist organization list if they aren't still to this day!

Until Israel and the Arabs learn to live together there will always be fighting over land!

Israel has every right to defend themselves when everyone of their neighbors has threatened to wipe them off the face of the earth over the years!

INstead of blaming everything on Israel OP maybe you should educate yourself on who really is to blame for all the problems and just who fires the first shots in every conflict involving Israel!

Can't you see the hypocrisy of what you have admitted? On one hand US arm this aggressor and then get them to 'Sit down' to talk peace. Do you may be think that the Palestinians might see this also along with their inhumane treatment and think that the US are ‘playing’ them to the world? No, the one thing that can be said is that US have not helped one iota in this sham they are clearly doing what they do best – taking their home grown terror and export it to every part of this globe in their pursuit of power and wealth.

You are not born a suicide bomber you’re made one!

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Hmmm Israel is blood thirsty? 90% of the time they only act after being attacked by their neighbors! Out of all the conflicts that the Arabs and Israel have had never once has there been a U.S. troop involved!

Yes the U.S. Backs Israel with weapons that they buy from us, they also buy weapons from France, and from the U.K.

The U.S. is also the Country that gets Israel and the Palestinians to sit down and put an end to the current fighting.

I wonder why Israel blockaded Gaza? could it be because they are tired of Hamas launching rockets, missles, and motars into Israel?

See the Palestinians in the Gaza strip brought this on themselves when they let Hamas take over. Hamas is a known terrorist organization and i believe for many years they were on the U.N.'s terrorist organization list if they aren't still to this day!

Until Israel and the Arabs learn to live together there will always be fighting over land!

Israel has every right to defend themselves when everyone of their neighbors has threatened to wipe them off the face of the earth over the years!

INstead of blaming everything on Israel OP maybe you should educate yourself on who really is to blame for all the problems and just who fires the first shots in every conflict involving Israel!
Their was no U.S involvment but everytime something happens with Israel the whole world looks at "what would the U.S say about this?" and after Israel does something that seems out of line they cry for U.S sympathy like "You have to understand its Hamas and the arabs" I'm tired of the U.S playing the big brother role for Israel.

Hamas sounds like terrorist to me at times but everyone seems to see these conflicts threw the Israeli eye. The Zionest control the media so they could say they could put the headline as " Hamas launches dozens of rockets into Israel, FOR NO REASON" for all we know, the Israelis could have launched one little rocket to instigate the whole conflict don't you think?..

Mark my word, I think Israel would be the cause of a major MAJOR war. If not the cause of WWIII.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Actually both sides are to blame.

While it is insane to blame Isreal for what they are doing, Isreal needs to take some responsibility for their WILD actions.
Now, personally speaking..Id rather have isreal as the main power there..u know what I mean.

and hammas and other groups there also need to take responsibiity.

I just find it odd that people on this forum can only pick one side and go with it.

its either "we hate the zionist" or "we hate the palestinians/islam"
its crazy talk

lastly.
NATION-STATES are NOT MORAL AGENTS. they do not go OUT OF THEIR WAY TO DO GOOD.

and as for war crimes? give me a break. Thats a joke
its like saying lifedeath

charging people or nations with war crimes is just a show.

and the reason why isreal gets away with a lot is because...hmmm I dont know.. because they are powerful, have money, and are connected in the world.
WHICH IS GREAT FOR THEM. WHICH THEY WORKED HARD FOR.
unlike others who sit back and feel that they are ENTITLED to everything without working hard or achieving anything worth while.

hope all the best
I hope both sides relax and cut down the fighting..increase the talking, and decrease the hate
I hope all the families on all sides are safe

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by mlmijyd

"Why isn't Israel charged for WAR CRIMES ?!" I would imagine for the very same reason that both USA and UK are not likewise tried for war crimes because it is the aggressors who determine what a crime is and if they USA/UK don't like the definition then the laws are changed to suit them.

I call BS on this show some proof to backup your claim. Oh Let me guess your going to say the 2003 invasion of Iraq right? News flash! the U.S. and U.K. had every right to invade Iraq Again since Saddam failed to live up to his end of the U.N. ceasefire after the 91 gulf war. they U.N didn't have to vote again to take action against Iraq. Iraq violated the terms of the ceasefire making in void!

the other reason you won't see Bush or anyone else dragged before the Hague is they have no power anymore, because the U.N. is so corrupted that the members can't get anything done.

(Why is it ok for the only country in the world, which has used nuclear weapons to kill hundreds of thousands of innocent people, on two occasions, the right to have and control Nuclear weapons of mass-destruction?)

OH please your kidding right? you know how stupid that sounds? Yes the U.S. used 2 weak nukes on Japan to end world war 2. But do you honestly think that if they hadn't that many more people would not have died on both sides? Harry Truman didn't make the decision to drop the bombs lightly he weighted the number of deaths that would occur if he dropped them to the deaths if he wouldn't have dropped them. Guess what the number of deaths dropping the bombs was smaller than not dropping them.

Also if its such a bad idea for the U.S. to have nukes just because of that then why hasn't the U.S. used them in any other war we have been in? Hell we could have used them against Russia in the 60's when they parked nuke missiles in Cuba But did we? NO! have we used nukes since WW2? NO The use of nukes is not taken lightly by the President!

The moment that it looks like US foreign interests may be compromised is the point of time that international laws no-longer apply to them.

Hahahaha there is no such thing as international law! countries enter into treaties with each other but a treaty is not a law. and not all treaties are permanent and can be ended by any party involved in them.

[edit on 12/30/2008 by Mercenary2007]

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

You put too much emphasis on an organization, the United Nations, that is, has, and will always be a complete failure.

First, the United Nations is primarily a forum for debate. As a result, the U.N. is an international organization where countries send representatives to argue for or against issues. These representatives are typically just spokesmen for their country's agendas and are relatively powerless in their own country. Furthermore, countries governed by non-peaceful dictators and regimes typically use these debates to delay and obfuscate issues in their favor. Over the fifty years that the United Nations has existed, these debates alone have not resolved a single issue. Direct military actions, back room negotiations, and threats, that were not sponsored by the United Nations, have had the only real positive affects for change

www.philforhumanity.com...

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by king Pop!p

Originally posted by king Pop!p
Look at what Israel did. They blocked all aid to the Gaza strip. People are starving babies are dying man.

It's too bad you can't eat Qassam rockets. Hamas seems to have a never-ending supply of them.

If they were edible, the Palestinians would eat like Kings.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 03:39 AM
link   

i understand your frustration that everyone looks to see what the U.S. would say.

What burns my butt is the world goes to hell in a hand basket then they come crying to the U.S. to fix it then they have the nerve to piss and moan because they don't like how we fixed it.

Countries can't afford to feed there people, they pick a fight with a country that has a better army, they all come running to the U.S.

I'm all for the President giving the world the finger and tell them to go F themselves solve your own damn problems and quit running to us to fix your mess.

Sometimes I think the U.S. should tell Israel the same thing to both Israel and Palestinians

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Let's not be stupid. If we start charging folks with war crimes, then you have to enforce them. And who exactly is going to do that?

The problem is, the same folks that will likely want to be in charge, couldn't even fight their way into a place to extract anyone. No one on mainland Europe.

The US sure as hell won't do it.

So who you gonna call?

And while you're at it, you have to arrest Hizballah, Hamas, the PLO, on and on ad infinitum, just to make it equitable.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   

i understand your frustration that everyone looks to see what the U.S. would say.

What burns my butt is the world goes to hell in a hand basket then they come crying to the U.S. to fix it then they have the nerve to piss and moan because they don't like how we fixed it.

Countries can't afford to feed there people, they pick a fight with a country that has a better army, they all come running to the U.S.

I'm all for the President giving the world the finger and tell them to go F themselves solve your own damn problems and quit running to us to fix your mess.

Sometimes I think the U.S. should tell Israel the same thing to both Israel and Palestinians
Ahh man I wish that could happen I agree 100% on that.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 04:21 AM
link   
The problem with saying that Israel getting charged with war crimes is that, yes Isreal is now attacking The Gaza strip, but they are not attacking the west bank. Why are they not attacking the west bank? Is it because they are not fireing rockets into Isreal?

Isreal has a right to defend its self.

So they are not attacking the west bank only Gaza which has Hamas ruleing it. Hamas, which encourages its citizens to help wage war on Isreal.

Now, wether Isreal has the right to exsist is anouther story. But on this issue i suport Isreal.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
How about we get rid of both Palestine and Israel

Then bring the land back to how it was 150-200 years ago when there wasnt as much crap over the land.

Make the whole area a land where no one rules like antartica

or

Make a completely new nation and say this is will for israelis and palestians and if you dont like it leave period. As long as the land is known as Israel or Palestine there will be people complaining about who land this is.

There werent as many problems until Israel was created the native jews, palestians, arabs etc. didnt have all the problems until the European descent Jews started coming in after the creation of Israel before then there werent many problems like there are now.

I know people who are jewish and there grandparents and greatgrandparents lived in the area before WW1, WW2 and before Israel was created and they said there werent as many problems and they admit the problems came when Israel came into being after WW2

As for the creation of Israel who exactly agree to it besides Europeans & Jewish Americans, Did Arab Jews or anyone in the mideast or anyone of Mideast descent get a say in it.

[edit on 30-12-2008 by kvaniu]

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by mlmijyd

(Why is it ok for the only country in the world, which has used nuclear weapons to kill hundreds of thousands of innocent people, on two occasions, the right to have and control Nuclear weapons of mass-destruction?)

Because we can....

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
What war crimes has Israel commited. They are not targeting civilians, but sometimes civilians get caught in the mix. If Hamas stops using civilian buildings for planning, storage etc.. They would stop getting bombed. Its just like the US in Iraq. Sometimes civilians are unfortunately killed because the insurgents use civilian buildings for cover.

There are no war crimes here.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by justsomeboreddude

You got me thinking about the US and war crimes now what would you consider the nukes and Japan.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Because the US keeps vetoing any UN propersitions to do with Israel.
Follow link for details.

www.globalpolicy.org...

And for those who are unaware,

Article 2 of the First Geneva Convention defines “genocide” as any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy,in whole or in part,a national,ethnic,racial,or religious group,as such:a) killing members of the group; b) causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group; c) deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part; d) imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group; e) forcibly transferring children of the group to another group.”

The Israeli government is guilty.

The situation in the Gaza Strip is genocide. The United Nations, The European Union, Amnesty International and hundreds of Human Rights groups have sent a strong message to world leaders that Israel is conducting a horrific genocide of the Palestinian people and is hiding this by preventing journalists from reporting and witnessing these crimes.

current.com...

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by DantesLost

Israel did not violate a VALID agreement
Israel does not subscribe to a terrorist mentality
Israel did not choose to locate targets within the civilian domain
Israel actually sent out warnings to the civilians to evacuate specific areas

That said, Hamas (and ilk) persist in cowardly acts of terrorism and live by the mantra of harming the innocent to forward their backward causes.

Conclusion: you voice concern for a group of people who celebrate the murdering of innocent by-standers while expressing outrage about a country that acts on the behalf of their own innocent by-standers.

You are lost.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   
The terrorists use human shields. Sometimes even tying them to their vehicles.

Here is a 13 year-old Palestinian Used as a Human Shield - By the Israeli Army:

(This is a War Crime)

[edit on 1-1-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   
That could have been easily taken out of context as well , they dont look like they would need a human shield somehow but if that’s true shame indeed.

In the end of the day both sides need to take it easy and try for peace

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   
There's definately different rules for different people going on.

If you blow up a building, you're a terrorist, unless you use an aircraft to deliver the explosive. If you don't have an aircraft, too bad, you're a terrorist.

Originally posted by kvaniu
You got me thinking about the US and war crimes now what would you consider the nukes and Japan.

Somehow I just can't see the US being charged with war crimes.

You make a good point. Again, different rules. Some can have WMD, others are not allowed too. That should ring alarm bells in anyone...

[edit on 1/1/09 by NuclearPaul]

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   

That is a very good question and the response is not surprise at all, America government help support and finance the massacre of Palestinians by the hands of Israel with the sell of weapons and technology to the State of Israel.

So If Israel is ever to become charge with war crime so the US will be too.

The irony.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join