It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prediction threads are useless

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I've been on ATS for quite a while. Long enough to see hundreds, if not thousands of prediction threads come and go, and I have yet to see one of these predictions come true.

Could someone show me any threads on here that predict something that actually happened?

Didn't think so.....so what's the point?

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by sensfan

My thread has been dead on... And it's not just me predicting things:

Mirthful Me's Predictions Thread... The Might Even Be Right...

It's scary.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
HAHAHAHAHA

Good one MM...I see we think alike on this subject

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
reply to post by sensfan

My thread has been dead on... And it's not just me predicting things:

Mirthful Me's Predictions Thread... The Might Even Be Right...

It's scary.

"It's scary." lol.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Obviously you haven't been looking enough. A few individuals accurately predicted the September crash to the date. And Lindsey Williams correctly predicted that oil would go to $50 and below.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I agree, predictions are useless. Good predictions are specific, and specifics are hard to come by. I do however think it is possible to get a vague idea of big events on the horizon, some psychics are very good at this...many are not. Anyway, we all have some level of intuition, and we all can see the future with some accuracy, but not enough to make plans accordingly.

With that said, I do like these particular prediction threads:

Man calls today's stock market crash to date, on a message board?

September of '08 - Just Listen

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by eldard
Obviously you haven't been looking enough. A few individuals accurately predicted the September crash to the date. And Lindsey Williams correctly predicted that oil would go to $50 and below.

Those aren't predictions per se....they are the results of following trends, etc.

Perhaps I should have been more specific. All the predictions about 2012, about alien craft coming on a certain date, etc, etc...THOSE are hogwash.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
They are good for a good laugh

A good laugh helps relieve stress.

Other than that I agree with your argument.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   
But...but...
What am I gonna do with all this foil?

Do you think they'll give me my job back?
Wait...don't answer that, then it would BE a prediction thread.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I have been lurking here for a long time, and had to reply to this thread, because I just saw that History Channel program where they talked about 2012 and the predictions: the I Ching, the Delphian Oracle, Hopi tribe... And the web bots.
All very interesting, even though they claimed that the Book of Revelations was written by the Apostle John, when in reality it was written nearly hundred years later. (Oh well, at least they did get the Emperor Nero part right.)

I was pretty fascinated by the concept of the web bots. Naturally I have read the predictions every now and then (I´m not really a good conspiracy theorist -I live in a very boring little country- and I guess I suck in being a decent "doomer", too) but the way of making these predictions has always been a bit hazy. So, I learned that these bots simply go (surf?) around the Net, collecting bits and pieces from just about everywhere. Apparently the main focus is on the "hot" topics and everything that is going currently round, putting it all together in order to figure out the bigger picture for the future.
Fine. There was only one thing that made me wonder a bit. (Perhaps I think too much, I relly cannot help it.)

What is the most talked-about thing in the Web? The hottest topic of them all? That ubiquitous matter? The Great Ever-Present?

...that´s right. Pr0n. (You know that Avenue Q song, right? About the Internet?) No matter what I google, where ever my surfings take me, pr0n. I might try to search "medieval damsel dress" and get offerings from "Hot Russian Twins Tied!" or "Hot Asian Import Model Camgirls!" If it exists, someone has already made an adult movie about it. It is literally everywhere.

I´m a straight woman, pretty vanilla, too, so I´m not really interested about most of the stuff. But a question remains: how can it be that this phenomenon does not appear on the web bot predictions? Doesn´t it show up somewhere? I mean, this should be obvious. Let´s face it: considering the amount of adult stuff in the Web, we all should be having a huge shagfest, as they say in UK.
So. Why aren´t predictions like these coming true? Where are those acrobatic young men with oiled bodies and husky voices? Not in my bed, I can tell you. Dammit, I feel like I should complain to the management or something.

(On a slightly more serious note, as someone once said: "Predicting is hard. Predicting future is even harder." He was either very wise. Or very drunk. The jury is still out on that one.)

top topics

join