It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bin Laden gave us this financial crisis!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Back, right after 9/11, Osama bin Laden promised us that "he would bring ruin to us financially". I'm just throwing ideas out there, like usual, but what if Al Qaeda was somehow responsible for the financial crisis. I don't get economics, but maybe they did some offshore trading and caused the housing market to go to pieces. Or somehow funded Asian car companies to put the American competition out of business.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Well that would be the mother of all conspiracies!

Highly unlikely, The US and the Worlds financial issues are their own fault greed & mismanagement.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Sorry but this has been brewing since 1971 when we abandoned the gold standard. It has to do with excessive spending, printing money with no backing, borrowing from other countries, malinvestment and a whole slew of other things. Read some of Ron Pauls books.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Yeah i gotta agree here, a 6 foot arab on dialisis isn't the cause of our prolbems, the banks and the government and FED are the reason for that, don't you worry.

Watch Zeitgeist...you'll understand...

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Research the link between Al Qaeda [translation: 'the database'] and the CIA.

IMO, Bin Laden is dead. Kidney failure in the cold, unforgiving mountains of Afghanistan/Pakistan.

But as long as the West believes that he's the enemy, they'll ignore who the real enemy is.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Bin Laden was killed through mind control.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
If by bin Laden you mean Al-qaeda, and if by Al-Qaeda you mean the CIA, and if by the CIA you mean the Vatican, then yes, it was bin Laden.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
that will most likely be the official story

It was the man hiding in a cave who did it

nice thought, though, you may have just given the U.S. government a good excuse to use

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Mere speculation based on paranoid hearsay and internet fear mongering.

It's not that simple.

Many people believe that Al Qaeda could not be responsible in any way because they come into the argument with the preconceived notion that Al Qaeda is either non-existent, or is controlled, or is too weak to impact America significantly. One concept that is good to embrace is that things are more complex than they appear. I do not mean conspiracy. I mean the number of factors that go into a crisis. I feel that America is very much responsible for their own economic crisis in the same way that they are in part responsible for the resurgence of international Islamic terrorism. But that can be traced back to the Russian menace in the Cold War which can be traced back to nuclear bombs, Germany, and on and on. Eventually, the core cause of these sorts of things is man's inherent nature to compete as a means of keeping itself fit. The economy is in a bad shape due to many elements. If I was Osama bin Laden (who has not been conclusively proven dead to me. I need more than speculation and contradictory sensationalist news reports that CTrs suddenly trust to be truthful when Osama is declared dying/meeting with CIA) I would do everything in my power to destabilize and harass the USA. It is possible that the hand AQ had in the economic crisis came on the same day that 3000 people were murdered and changed everything. You want to shake, rattle, and roll things? Do what AQ did on 9/11. Do you think OBL thought "oh no!" when the Patriot Act was passed? No! He reveled in confusion, government buildup, distrust, etc. Fear propagated by our own government set off by 9/11 saves OBL time and money. His enemy rakes its own insides. He was the catalyst. Now he hides and we bicker. It is possible he is dead. Regardless, his mission has been a success. It's like the Joker: you tear yourself apart to stop him, you do stop him and humiliate him, but in the end, the joke's on you.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ranger23
Back, right after 9/11, Osama bin Laden promised us that "he would bring ruin to us financially". I'm just throwing ideas out there, like usual, but what if Al Qaeda was somehow responsible for the financial crisis. I don't get economics, but maybe they did some offshore trading and caused the housing market to go to pieces. Or somehow funded Asian car companies to put the American competition out of business.

That's right, from somewhere in a cave in Afghanistan or Pakistan, this bearded man and his walkie talkie brought the most powerful economy in the world to it's knees. Please!!

Al-Qaeda was created by the CIA during the 80's to fight the Russians in a war of attrition via the mujahadeen. It just so happens that Ted Osmond, sorry, that's his CIA name, Osama bin Laden, rather, our former ally, could actually be used as the boogie man to scare the US population into submission by allowing our bill of rights to fade away. How convenient.

However, we haven't seen Ted for years and all they keep playing are undated tapes, or they keep using an old video with someone who doesn't even resemble him. I would bet he is definitely dead. Otherwise, he would not tolerate having his supposed #2 (Dr. Ayman al-Zawahiri) taking all the TV spotlight. Remember, Osama is only valuable alive. So we have to "keep" him alive by all means necessary.

Oh, and yes, the only reason why our economy grew exponentially the way it did in just three decades was because there was nothing to back its currency with (gold). We printed as much money as our printing presses were able to. However, this pyramid game must come to an end.

The bailout/steroid game is only a band-aid. What does $6 billion to GM mean if people are not buying cars? It's only temporary.

Wake up sheople!

[edit on 12/30/2008 by manticore]

link   
Sorry - duplicate post. MOD, please delete.

[edit on 12/29/2008 by manticore]

link   
Sorry - duplicate post. MOD, please delete.

[edit on 12/29/2008 by manticore]

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsTheQuestion

Bin Laden dead?!! I admit that I haven't been out of my cave in Pakistan for many weeks but I never heard this!!!???

top topics

join