It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost Child Please Repost!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Body: Dec 29, 2008 1:10 AM
Subject: ALISSA IS MISSING PLEASE HELP FIND HER
Body: My 16 year old Alissa Dalton is missing, she has run away with a 28 year old man by the name of Mark Gossett. She is considered endangered, due to Mark's past domestic violence and drug abuse. My daughter is very impressionable and he has taken advantage of that fact.

There is a national search under way, and I have included two links for more info about them. My husband and I just had our anniversary on Dec. 23 and it wasn't much of a celebration without our daughter. Christmas seemed empty as well, please help us bring our daughter home.

Thanks and God bless!! Please pass this along to your friends and family!!

www.mcc.ag.state.oh.us

www.pollyklaas.org

Just type in Alissa Marie Dalton in the search box.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 05:24 AM
link   
So this is my first topic here at ats I think I got it right mods please fix if not!
Star and flag please! Help bring their daughter home!
I saw this and thought it would be a good idea to post it here since there are intelligent eyes all over the U.S., and Canada that look at this site!
I feel for her family I hope she returns safely soon!
Please repost!

Edit to add more info.

DOB:2/6/1992
SEX:Female
RACE:White
HEIGHT:5'10''
WEIGHT:130 lbs.
HAIR:Brown, Long, hair is dyed and has black in it
EYES:Blue
Last seen on 12/18/08 in Canton, Ohio

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 29-12-2008 by razorvocals]

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by razorvocals
she has run away with a 28 year old man by the name of Mark Gossett.

I noticed the official lost child website doesn't name him, just says she may be in company of adult male.

Not that I'm a defense or libel attorney, but I could throw around some names of people I hate on the Internet too.

It's not like she was abducted from her crib.

Back in the day, they called this eloping, not a "conspiracy."

[edit on 29-12-2008 by Article11]

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   
By the way, I just googled Mark Gossett, Ohio and got his phone number and address.

By Jove, I've cracked the case!

Actually there are two, so we know at least one Mark Gossett has the right to be pissed about this.

Bad, bad precedent here.

[edit on 29-12-2008 by Article11]

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   
In the UK but not a bad idea to post it on here, good luck mate. s&f

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   
hmmm, not exactly a conspiracy, she's 16 and ran away with her boyfriend. she'll go home soon enough, or she'll marry him, check the good old elvis marriage shack in vegas.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   
( Cautiously )...Is this one of those chain email 'missing person' hoaxes that are found on Snopes.com? I did several searches and there's no mention of manhunts or Alissa/ Alyssa Marie Dalton. No pictures, no story. Seems peculiar.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
While I am always eager to help in such matters I would ask that we consider that a 28 year-old man (12-years senior to the minor) is in for considerable federal grief if he has in fact abducted this child.

We're talking about more than a missing person here, we are actually talking about a potential federal offense.

If true, let's hope we can somehow help, if false, we should find a way to vet these things to verify that it is not, as one poster queries, a chain-email...

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
www.mcc.ag.state.oh.us...

There is the other link I did not add up there. It is a crime, and possibly a conspiracy depending on how many people are involved.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Has anybody seen an amber alert on her yet I checked and did not see one
but anyhow best of luck.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
While I am always eager to help in such matters I would ask that we consider that a 28 year-old man (12-years senior to the minor) is in for considerable federal grief if he has in fact abducted this child.

If he abducted her, but it sounds like she ran off with him. Also depends on the state, 16 is the age of consent in Ohio, so not a problem with regard to consensual relations. If he was an axe murderer I could see the panic, but this is an internet crush.

Also this Mark Gossett is listed as a "companion" on the missing child boards. They are NOT plastering his face and name all over as a dangerous sex offender or a kidnapper. Doesn't sound like the police are even interested in him over all of this.

[edit on 29-12-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

Thanks Sonya, I didn't know that.

I thought, and I may be wrong, that consent issues were also relevant if the older of the two was over ten years older than the minor? Or is that only in certain states too?

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
Thanks Sonya, I didn't know that.

I thought, and I may be wrong, that consent issues were also relevant if the older of the two was over ten years older than the minor? Or is that only in certain states too?

Depends on the state. The age of consent in OH is 16, at which point they can engage with anyone. The age difference law apparently only applies to those 13-15, in which case the partner cannot be over 18.

But this girl is 16, so she is legal.

2907.04. Unlawful sexual conduct with minor.

(A)No person who is eighteen years of age or older shall engage in sexual conduct with another, who is not the spouse of the offender, when the offender knows the other person is thirteen years of age or older but less than sixteen years of age, or the offender is reckless in that regard.

(B)Whoever violates this section is guilty of unlawful sexual conduct with a minor.

moraloutrage.net...

[edit on 29-12-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610
But this girl is 16, so she is legal.

As I said, our grandparents called this eloping.

And as I also said, the man's number and address are listed by Google.

She's not exactly "lost."

I think the conspiracy here is the continued domestication and coddling of ever younger generations until nobody is responsible for anything and grown ups can't wipe their own bums.

I'd have loved to have seen an "Amber Alert" on 17 year old John McCain when he ran off to fight the war.

PLEASE REPOST! Bring our little Johnny home. Last seen in company of Uncle Sam.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Endangered Runaway Alert: ALISSA DALTON from CANTON OH United States: /8b96m8

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Please repost and help.

Lost child. 20 something.

Recent photo of Kate here.

Former Occupation: Professional fugitive and domestic violence trouble shooter. (She burned her abusive step father alive.)

Distinguishing Character Trait: Kate is addicted to being on the run and as such has difficulty forming invasive personal connections. She tends to gravitate towards people who she thinks will be the least committed.

Direct Relationships: Lover to Sawyer, U.O.O for Jack

Significant Character Crosses: Her 'father' Sam Austen was in Iraq and part of a group of soldiers that had captured Sayid in the episode "One of Them." In the episode "What Kate Did," she visits her father, now a recruiter, and video tape of the capture is playing on a monitor in his office.

Please help.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I just wanted to say thank you to those who helped with prayers, postings, looking, or anything at all with finding my daughter! Second of all, this definately was not eloping! There was a lot more to this story that wasn't on the fliers due to the fact that they said that if she wasn't with him then we could get in big trouble! We always knew she was but couldn't prove it until they picked him up with her! This guy (Mark Gossett's wife, mother, father, cousins, and so on) helped him! Yes, we knew where he lived (which was right accross the street from us) but of course that's not where he stayed! My daughter has many medical problems and is very impressionable which he knew! He was "uncle Mark" before he did this! He grew up with my husband and was supposed to be a very good friend! He was and still is married, had one daughter and another on the way! Now, he has three daughter's all by the same lady he was with when this all began! He also has a son but he's by another women from long before his wife! His wife, himself, mother, family members are all church goers and supposed to be good Christians! These however, are wolves in sheeps clothing! Not all Christians are like that but these people are!
My daughter still won't talk about everything that happened but all she will tell me is that she wanted to come home and cried herself to sleep at night! There's lots more to say about this but I think I got my point accross!
We got her back January 13, 2009 and now she is 19 happily married with a child on the way but she still has a lot of pain and problems because of it! She's been through lots of counceling over it and this is where she is! By the way - she has nothing at all to do with him or his family!!!!
Loving mom

top topics

join