It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Gutted and Skinned my first deer...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Anuubis

You hunt a lot of bear? Can I put in an order for the next hide?

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Ewww, I don't even want to imagine it if its worse! I do have to ask, as I have never eaten bear meat, is there anything you can compare it to that might give me idea of what it tastes like?

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greenize
Ewww, I don't even want to imagine it if its worse! I do have to ask, as I have never eaten bear meat, is there anything you can compare it to that might give me idea of what it tastes like?

Bear meat is GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!

I really can't compare it to anything. But dam it's good! (ooops. Already said that!)

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
So in other words if I ever get the chance to try it, I should do so? Now why do I get the impression that you like it?

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   

So in other words if I ever get the chance to try it, I should do so? Now why do I get the impression that you like it?

If you have the opprotunity and don't... You're the only one to blame.

But I think that goes for anyhting. I have eaten food I'll never try again, but I've tried it. I think it's important to try differant things...

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Congratulations, Jkd. Years ago, I found out that the meat cutters in grocery stores when they cut up a strip loin (New York Strip) that it has a considerable fat cap.

They trim off much of this fat cap and if nothing else, toss into the rendering can. Yet the fat off a strip loin is the tastiest of all cattle fat.

That venison is really lean.

If you take the venison, and grind it together with fat from the strip loin, you've got some of the tastiest, tenderest, meat that is easily utilized as ever came down the pike.

Just something to think about down the road.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
JKD'up You'd have to wait till april for a pelt, if i get one during the spring hunt.

Greenize As far as comparing the taste, there is nothing that i have ever eaten that even comes close to bear. It has a very distinct taste, and most people don't like it because most people bag them in the fall when they're getting ready to hibernate. The meat is really greasy if you bag them then. It's not nearly as bad if bagged during the spring, but most states don't have a spring season.

I'm glad i live in Idaho. I can hunt all year long

As far as hunting goes, if it breathes, i hunt it

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Congrats on killing a deer!!!

Do you know the importance of it? for me?

You had a taste.. I mean sure hunting on its own just to say WOW I KILLED IT "hangs on wall" is well.. just seems abit dumb!!

But killing and then eating it aint bad for me "no im not a tree hugger" but i think there is more dignity in killing to eat and not just for fun.

If you want you can go into your garden and track a bug down and kill and eat that.. sound silly??

Widdgerdygrubs!! lol i cant spell it but u get the point..

The tracking is part of it so i hope you learn the ways of a real tracker something 99% of us have lost

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Thanks DOOPER! I'll have to give it a shot.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jkd Up

Bear meat is GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!

I really can't compare it to anything. But dam it's good! (ooops. Already said that!)

Ever tried cougar?
Now that is some good eating.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anuubis
JKD'up You'd have to wait till april for a pelt, if i get one during the spring hunt.

Just let me know what I'll owe ya!

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by theresult
Congrats on killing a deer!!!

Do you know the importance of it? for me?

You had a taste.. I mean sure hunting on its own just to say WOW I KILLED IT "hangs on wall" is well.. just seems abit dumb!!

But killing and then eating it aint bad for me "no im not a tree hugger" but i think there is more dignity in killing to eat and not just for fun.

If you want you can go into your garden and track a bug down and kill and eat that.. sound silly??

Widdgerdygrubs!! lol i cant spell it but u get the point..

The tracking is part of it so i hope you learn the ways of a real tracker something 99% of us have lost

Thank you! And I agree with you. I know some people who only take the chice cuts or a head from their kill. I swore to myself that I would not be like that.

I'm not sure if I've ever seen a Widdgerdy Grub... But I'll try one... (Three hours) after you do

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Anuubis

Bear (ribs), deer, squirrel, rabbit about the extent. I have no doubt that there is other great things out there. Sounds like you've already had them... gonna have to hire you as a guide

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jkd Up

Just let me know what I'll owe ya!

$10,000,000

My wife has a cow about the smell of them. She thinks they stink, but she has no real sense of smell
If i get one, just cover postage and you can have it.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Anuubis

Mountain lion is the sweetest, tastiest meat I've ever had. Only had it twice, but man! That's living!

It's like the pompano of the fish world.

Reindeer is some of the stringiest. May as well eat the butt out of an alligator.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Anuubis

What type pf hand cannon you use hunting things like cougar? I can't imagine it's a 30 06.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
reply to post by Anuubis

Mountain lion is the sweetest, tastiest meat I've ever had. Only had it twice, but man! That's living!

Reindeer is some of the stringiest. May as well eat the butt out of an alligator.

you ate the butt of an aligator?!?!?!

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
reply to post by Anuubis

Ya, cougar is kinda sweet, but it's good. Never had reindeer, but i have had caribou, and they are very closely related. I've been told they taste about the same, Never had alligator either, but i heard it was good. The only thing i don't like about where i live is i can't get one of my favorite foods. Rattlesnake

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Jkd Up

Actually yes i do use my .30-06. I don't know about the cougars you have back there, but the ones out here average about 130 pounds, and i want to make sure they drop quickly. Ever had 130 pounds of pissed off teeth and claws coming at you? I have and it's not fun.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   

reply to post by Jkd Up

Actually yes i do use my .30-06. I don't know about the cougars you have back there, but the ones out here average about 130 pounds, and i want to make sure they drop quickly. Ever had 130 pounds of pissed off teeth and claws coming at you? I have and it's not fun.

I think I'd like to keep those 130 pounds of pissed teeth at bay.

We just got info that there are a few cyotes in the area of my house so I scouted the gut pile all night, but they didn't show. It'd be nice if they make it easy and don't try to jump me while I'm out with my Pit Bull... I don't leave the house without a .357

EDIT: You use a bold action 30-06?

[edit on 28-12-2008 by Jkd Up]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join