It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran leader orders Muslims to defend Palestinians

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Iran leader orders Muslims to defend Palestinians

uk.reuters.com

TEHRAN, Dec 28 (Reuters) - Iran's Supreme Leader issued a religious decree to Muslims around the world on Sunday, ordering them to defend Palestinians in Gaza against Israeli attacks "in any way possible", state television reported.

Ayatollah Ali Khamenei also declared Monday a day of public mourning in Iran after Israel killed more than 280 Palestinians in two days of air strikes on Gaza.

"All Palestinian combatants and all the Islamic world's pious people are obliged to defend the defenceless women, children and people in Gaza in any way possible," Khamenei said.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
At last some one has finally got the spine to help the Palestinian people. This is just what the perps wanyt thought this is why they are using their proxys Israel and Hamas. Start a conflict and escalate it to a wider war, blame it on the Muslims then all hell breaks loose.

Start the new year with a bang and mass murder. When are we going to learn. Will this madness never end, is this mankinds best asset the maens to wage war and kill and keep on killing.

uk.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Okay lets see if Akmhanutjob actually DOES anything about this or is he just yapping out at the mouth from his palace. My guess is that he calls on Mulsims to do something but no one actually does. When Israel's gloves come off, no one wants to fight. They only wanna fight Israel when they think they wont fight back. Let big bad Iran do something about it if they will, but my guiss is that they wont.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Okay lets see if Akmhanutjob actually DOES anything about this or is he just yapping out at the mouth from his palace. My guess is that he calls on Mulsims to do something but no one actually does. When Israel's gloves come off, no one wants to fight. They only wanna fight Israel when they think they wont fight back. Let big bad Iran do something about it if they will, but my guiss is that they wont.

Thats just brilliant,or maybe he is calling out to help people who are in the midst of a genocide? Disagree with some of his other views all you want,i certainly do.This message however is what is needed.And he doesnt call the shots,he is a an elected figurehead.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Sadly, if there is a Muslim uprising against the Israeli assault on Gaza it will only serve to accelerate and intensify the Israeli military objectives, possibly even broadening the war into a much feared all out Arab Israeli war.

It is beginning to look like the only way this will all one day end, is when one side or the other has been completely annihilated.

Can the world again sit by and watch as a people are isolated and eliminated in what could be seen as a form of "ethnic cleansing" or genocide?

Israel's survival in the region may depend on its ability to eliminate its enemies. Soon, I am afraid we will find out if they can successfully do that.

[edit on 28-12-2008 by Walkswithfish]

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

There is no way Iran can do anything other than shout. US and UK troops surround Iran on two land fronts, the third front at sea sits an armada of naval weaponry that would make even Stalin go cold. They are penned in completely, one silly move and it's goodbye Tehran, even Mr whatever his name is knows this.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Yeah....Cry me a river for the Palestinians. They have had chance after chance for peace and to establish their own nation.

Every chance they got ended up burning in the trail of a rocket, morter shell or bullet.

If you keep picking a fight with the biggest bully in school and he beats you down every time. Is it the Bullys' fault or your own?

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by bismarcksea
Yeah....Cry me a river for the Palestinians. They have had chance after chance for peace and to establish their own nation.

Every chance they got ended up burning in the trail of a rocket, morter shell or bullet.

If you keep picking a fight with the biggest bully in school and he beats you down every time. Is it the Bullys' fault or your own?

Peace equates to stop firing at us while we take all your land away? fire at us and we will fire back more ruthlessly WHILE taking all your land away...this all seems one sided.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Ufoor yes and the US/UK wont do didly to Iran, we have lost in Iraq and the Iranians are far stronger than many think they are. No doubt if it did happen and conscription was introduced you would sign up to kill all those big bad Muslims daring to stand up to bullies and murderers.

And since when is helping people in need a crime, I'm sure you would have vetoed any help for the Jews in ww2 or the Russians or allied forces captured yes of course you would.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I wonder what Hizbollah would do now? They are branch of Iranian military (at least this is what i understand) and they are on Israeli border. And as for this person standing for Palestinians - this is rubbish. Iran gives a lot of money to military organisations. But medicine and supplies to Gaza hospitals are bought by EU/US. So since he only helps to get Palestinians/Israelis killed he is probably not sincere about the issue.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
I wonder what Hizbollah would do now? They are branch of Iranian military (at least this is what i understand) and they are on Israeli border. And as for this person standing for Palestinians - this is rubbish. Iran gives a lot of money to military organisations. But medicine and supplies to Gaza hospitals are bought by EU/US. So since he only helps to get Palestinians/Israelis killed he is probably not sincere about the issue.

One very simple sincere question to you as an Israeli.Is the state of israel occupying and expanding territory into sovereign land illegally?

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

If by "sovereign" ?? lands you mean beyond 1967 borders, then of course Israel is occupying/expanding. Not into Palestinian territory since before 1967 there was no Palestine. Even with this land being in Arab hands by the way. No arguement about all of that But actually in sector of Gaza, from which Israel is bombarded with rockets and mortars for years - there are no Israelis occupying/expanding. They were all removed by Israeli government in unilateral desicion. It really improved things, right?Or the opposite. So until there is an agreement - we give land back and remove settlements and you stop shooting at us and recognise Israel - same mistake will not be repeated i think.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by magicmushroom

Your opinion counts. I'm pretty sure UK and USA will do something re Iran. Iraq is not lost, it is actually a better place now and better for Il UK and USA than under Saddam. Oh and please don't over estimate Saddam Style the Iranians, or underestimate the coalition. US military is designed to fight the Russians and Chinese at same time on multiple fronts. If the gloves come off re Iran, US and UK could cope no problem. Iran is surrounded right now, but of course it would be a conspiracy to wonder why.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
reply to post by Solomons

If by "sovereign" ?? lands you mean beyond 1967 borders, then of course Israel is occupying/expanding.

I got a Question or two for you ZeroKnowledge.

Do you consider Palestinians human beings?

Do you believe the Palestinians live in the basic standards of human decency?

(Meaning clean water and a roof without rocket holes in it.)

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by titorite

What's that got to do with the Iranian leader? Those questions are non relevent to Mr (can't spell the name for the life of me).

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Ufoor, you have not got a clue have you, we won in Iraq or really perhaps you would like to provide some proofs to back that up. And Iraq is better off under our rule is it, well I'm sure the 2 million dead Iraqis will disagree with you.

Perhaps you should view the Iranain military capabilities before you start spouting off what we will do to them. And if you have not noticed UK/US forces have not been training or indeed equiped to fight the Russians for some time.

No quite the opposite since the end of the cold war UK/US forces have been shrinking and are not able to sustain any kind of lengthy conflict with those such as the Russians or the Chinese. Perhaps instead of quoting from the Sun you would do well to do some proper research into the matter.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

MY question was directed to ZeroKnowledge and it stands. As one who has seen the inside of Palestine myself I wanted to know the views ZeroKnowledge.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

Do you mean Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, the Iranian leader from the opening post?

Or are you talking about Mahmoud Ahmadinejad?

In either case, Copy and Paste will solve your problem.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
i must say - its so obvious 2 people in this thread didn`t read a thing and just pressed reply then spouted off

this decree is from the `real` leader of Iran Ayatollah Ali Khamenei , even the President listens to him , so whilst we have princeofpeace and ufoorbhunter harking on about there favourite man in the world - Ahmadinejad , he isn`t actually mentioned by the OP.

how about reading the OP and what was said before you launch into your daily ` i hate iran` rubbish mkay.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by magicmushroom

The US is very capable and you know it. Is it 13 CSGs? I really think that alone is a fair capability. The US miltary budget and the black budget combined is certainly up there with the other militaries (to the power of whatever) with enough left over to dwarf emerging countries like Botswana, Iran, Venezuela. The tech the US owns upto and the stuff it keeps hidden is two seperate militaries in itself. If push comes to shove and Iran do get involved and the cards fall, the US and the coalition will be able to take out Iran.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join