It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did Dark Angel get cancelled?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Dark Angel was not suppressed because of a lack of ratings. It’s certainly right that the second season had lower ratings then the first one.

One finds the reason of the revocation in politics. The government had something against the influence of the series. Why; it’s evident. The series shows USA like a country who has reached the end; the only reasons are at the end because a terrorism notice was committed. In other words the powerful USA was forced by terrorists in the knee. They had become a country of the “third world”. That just didn’t suit the head leaders of the USA. Also the series had to go and FOX as a wise American "listened".

www.max-x5452.net...

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I read this two years ago before I was into NWO stuff. Of course, now that I know better I'm calling this as BS. The real reason why it got cancelled was because of the secret society storyline in the 2nd season.

Other shows that got cancelled (just after 1 season) that had the same secret society elements were John Doe and Tru Calling. Remember them?

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Because it was too good...i dont see the conspiracy really.Now firefly getting cancelled,i can see a conspiracy in that.

"The show explores the lives of people who fought on the losing side of a civil war and now make a living on the outskirts of the society, as well as the pioneer culture that exists on the fringes of their star system. In addition, it is a future where the only two surviving superpowers, the United States and China, fused to form the central federal government, called the Alliance, resulting in the fusion of the two cultures as well. According to Whedon's vision, "nothing will change in the future: technology will advance, but we will still have the same political, moral, and ethical problems as today."

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
if big gov't hated it so much or wanted it gone,,,, why would they allow all the repeat airing now on the sci-fi channel

i think it was ratings,,,,,look how many shows get canceled after three shows or so,,, before many people have a chance to know it's even on,,, or begin to like the characters and become a fan or viewer. it can take a while to like a show or even find it,,, or you switch from a show you were watching at that same time slot

look at family guy----it was canceled and now one of the top rating draws every week

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by shortywarn
if big gov't hated it so much or wanted it gone,,,, why would they allow all the repeat airing now on the sci-fi channel

Probably the same reason they allow sites like ATS to exist? Dark Angel is pretty popular. If people can't find it that would attract much unwanted attention. Better give the sheeple what they want.
It's not like something has been revealed, anyway.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Hey read the books of Dark angel. There are a total of 4 and they pick up where the show ended and goes back to when Max and her sisters and brother first escaped.

I got my books from Amazon. I just started the first book and it's good so far.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocketgirl
Hey read the books of Dark angel. There are a total of 4 and they pick up where the show ended and goes back to when Max and her sisters and brother first escaped.

I got my books from Amazon. I just started the first book and it's good so far.

The books dont have jessica alba running around in skimpy clothes...She made the show,not just for clothing apparel though obviously.

new topics

top topics

join