It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats going on at yellowstone?

page: 693
<< 690  691  692    694  695  696 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan

Originally posted by ressiv
can comet Elenin be related to the 600.000 year cycle of yellowstone ?

----Kazuo Kino#a shows C/2010 X1 to have a heliocentric orbital period of 600,000 years----

en.wikipedia.org...

ps/ elenin was in opposition with sun /earth at the japanese 9.0...........
edit on 28-3-2011 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

Elenin is not going to have any effect on Yellowstone, neither did it have any effect on the Tokohu Earthquake since Elenin is so small (they say
) that there is no way, at the current distance, there could be any effect.

Please look at the excellent size comparison on this thread.

Sorry but where are you getting your information from that Elenin is small? The only information on the size of Elenin is from conspiracy websites like this one and blogs, people guessing, nothing official has come out of NASA, infact, if you try to ask them or submit a question to their ask an expert, they right out blank you and refuse to answer.

Nobody knows officialy how big Elenin is so please stop spreading false rumours, this goes to every arm chair expert aswell, unless you have a link leading a reputable source ofcourse, this doesn't include MSM, Blogs or Conspiracy websites, i mean a genuine source from NASA or similar.

Please dont take this personal, i can see from your posts you have a lot of knowledge in this area but the fact is nobody really knows how big it is, and im quite fed up with people comming out throwing false rumours around.

The link in that other threads links to Wikipedia, which can be edited by anyone and the fact all links lead to "so and so has reported" is just as good as me saying "mr astroid told me this and that".

And some information on the person who has released more information about Elenin than NASA....

Leonid Elenin

IASC Astronomer (Backup Support)
Mr. Elenin is an amateur astronomer from Lubertsy City, Russia, located near Moscow

All his released information is just estimations.
edit on 2-4-2011 by Itop1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Good Morning Folks - Here's our monthly udate:

YELLOWSTONE VOLCANO OBSERVATORY MONTHLY UPDATE
Friday, April 1, 2011 10:47 PM MDT (Saturday, April 2, 2011 04:47 UTC)

YELLOWSTONE VOLCANO (CAVW #1205-01-)
44°25'48" N 110°40'12" W, Summit Elevation 9203 ft (2805 m)
Current Volcano Alert Level: NORMAL
Current Aviation Color Code: GREEN

Earthquake Summary: During the month of March 2011, the University of Utah located 59 earthquakes within Yellowstone National Park. The largest earthquake was a magnitude 2.4, located about 4 miles west of Norris Junction, YNP that occurred on March 2 at 10:17 PM MST. No earthquake swarms were recorded in March. Earthquake activity in Yellowstone continues at relatively low background levels. For a map of recent earthquakes, please see:

www.seis.utah.edu...

Ground Deformation Summary: The period of caldera uplift that began in 2004 ended about one year ago. Since then, the caldera has been subsiding, though seasonal deformation from ground water changes may temporarily mask the trend. The amount of subsidence so far is about 3 cm, or about 1/8 of the total uplift between 2004 and 2010. Please see: www.uusatrg.utah.edu... for a map of GPS stations in the Yellowstone vicinity. For a graph of daily GPS positions at White Lake, within the Yellowstone caldera, please see: pboweb.unavco.org...×eries=raw.

Source

Did you know:

New Study Reveals Gassy Link to Past Earthquake Swarm

Full Article
edit on 2-4-2011 by Anmarie96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Anmarie96

Brat you beat me to it !!!!!

i wasnt expecting the monthly update til monday. but since its here and posted thank you ....

59 quakes for the month of march??? i seem to remember that there were less then 60 quakes for feb too as well as jan..

im thinking there may be something odd about that ,, dont ya think?

volcanoes.usgs.gov...
edit on 2/4/11 by alysha.angel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

I have responded here as this thread is not the place for this.

That is my Elenin thread.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
So I'm surprised no one has brought this up yet:

SIESMO

Gotta be some glitch, but I would like to know what caused it. I've never seen one like it before. I'm not seeing it on any other stations.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Might be ice. Or could be related to the terrible problems IRIS has been having lately. There's been some bad network issues that come and go. Also, it is LWKY. A station known for it's whacko signatures in the past. I wouldn't pay it too much attention unless you see corroborating things on other stations. And even then, remember to check other networks. But you saw that already.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

LOL - Was just about to reply = ICE - the dreaded Ice - but refreshed and you beat me to it :-) Yes, the instrument appears to be having technical difficulty.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
The signals are the same as the "pipecleaners", just shorter and more pronounced. That's why I like the description of caterpillers better. Because from time to time they change shape. They have been showing up recently on a regular basis but stopped few days ago. Then I notice one at 21:something or other UTC and knew they were back.

Ah, the GEE. Now I remember why I removed it previously. I tried again today and gave up. I've learned one thing over and over again as I've watched Yellowstone and other siemic systems. Expect foul ups and all kinds of wierd system crap.

I wonder when Yellowstone's crew are going to get a supercomputer virtual 3D gizmo like they had in that lame movie. The only real truth in the movie is the respresentation of the state of Yellowstone's siesmos. Listen to this clip and focus on minute 8:07 onward. The YVO should be doing what the bald fella says. They should replace all the siesmos in the park.

I know the movie is trying to educated while entertaining. I just think they mangled reality for the sake of an story and created misconceptions that confuse the public.

Hell, I falsely assumed there were geologists actually at Yellowstone studying the volcano. At the begining they show that "Big V" in the lobby of a building in the park. I laugh at myself now when I was so silly to think there was watching every burp and change. The real status of observation of the park is nothing like this movie. Except the crappy siesmos. I'm sorry. Just hyper-critical lately. I dig bad sci-fi movies. Just watched Artic Blast recently. Man, what a stinker that one was I tell ya. It makes the Supervolcano movie seem like a documentary by comparison.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Just to the West of the Park

Magnitude 4.1
Date-Time Tuesday, April 05, 2011 at 07:05:25 UTC
Tuesday, April 05, 2011 at 01:05:25 AM at epicenter
Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones

Location 44.617°N, 112.098°W
Depth 5 km (3.1 miles)
Region WESTERN MONTANA
Distances 29 km (18 miles) NNE (15°) from Spencer, ID
39 km (24 miles) E (93°) from Lima, MT
50 km (31 miles) NNE (12°) from Dubois, ID
349 km (217 miles) ENE (70°) from Boise, ID
430 km (267 miles) N (358°) from Salt Lake City, UT

Location Uncertainty horizontal +/- 0.5 km (0.3 miles); depth +/- 2.9 km (1.8 miles)
Parameters NST= 32, Nph= 32, Dmin=35 km, Rmss=0.31 sec, Gp= 65°,
M-type=duration magnitude (Md), Version=1
Source Earthquake Studies Office, Montana Bureau of Mines and Geology

Event ID mb26706

Source

What's with the 4.1's in the area?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by alysha.angel
reply to post by Anmarie96

Brat you beat me to it !!!!!

i wasnt expecting the monthly update til monday. but since its here and posted thank you ....

59 quakes for the month of march??? i seem to remember that there were less then 60 quakes for feb too as well as jan..

im thinking there may be something odd about that ,, dont ya think?

I've mentioned a couple of times about RSOE not updating their yellowstone activity, have they become unreliable as a source ? AS I find it easy just to check it, rather than going to USGS, I have checked it all through March, and only 2 seismic events recorded on there, I did think it strange, but just wondered if anyone knows why RSOE is no longer flagging up seismic activity ?

Thanks
edit on 5/4/2011 by ArMaP because: quote tag corrected

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by solargeddon

Oh my that didn't go well, somehow my post got mixed up with the quoted post, how did I manage that ??? lol

All I was asking is why the RSOE only shows 2 seismic events, and not he 50 reported by USGS ?

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I want to ask a question. Now I know puerto rico always has quakes but this morning I went on and found a bunch of localised ones similar t0 the Arkansas quakes, so I was wondering what they meant. If you have EQ 3d u will see it.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by shikori
I want to ask a question. Now I know puerto rico always has quakes but this morning I went on and found a bunch of localised ones similar t0 the Arkansas quakes, so I was wondering what they meant. If you have EQ 3d u will see it.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

this is the wrong thread for this area id repost this in the quake watch thread.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
So yes, what IS up with the 4.1 quakes in the park? Two of them in the vicinity of the park in a week. Is this not newsworthy?

Also, isn't this last 4.1 (S montana/W Wyoming/Idaho border) about where that one documentary showed a simulated eruption of the caldera? Just sayin.

The aftershocks (I presume) continue today:

MAP 1.8 2011/04/06 15:08:46 44.630 -112.083 7.5 30 km ( 19 mi) NNE of Spencer, ID
MAP 1.6 2011/04/05 17:09:11 44.623 -112.098 3.8 29 km ( 18 mi) NNE of Spencer, ID
MAP 1.8 2011/04/05 07:11:55 44.635 -112.104 9.7 31 km ( 19 mi) NNE of Spencer, ID
MAP 4.1 2011/04/05 07:05:25 44.617 -112.098 5.0 29 km ( 18 mi) NNE of Spencer, ID

What are you all thinking? What about those depths? Which fault is this on...that is a significant quake.

LINK

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
So check out these helicorders for Montana/Wyoming. There is a lot going on.

Helicorders

It's a long list but so far these two are very active:

MOOW
and
SNOW
and
LOHW

Now....this is a strange one: LHID
Follow the link above and check out all the 'double-taps'. Very reminscent of the yellowstone swarm.

ETA: Okay, this is strange. I was looking more closely at the helicorders for the LHID and was about to suggest that 'double-tap' that constantly shows up at about 1255 UTC might be man made because of consistency....but then I took a look at the 4.1 on 4/1....happens at almost exactly the same time. Hmmmm....any injection wells in that area??????

edit on 6-4-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Alright...one more thing and then I will stop.

You have to look at this: Helicorder

I don't need to point out the time, it is obvious. It shows up on multiple stations.

Main list

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

My power went off while I was ranting. So that's gone. I just want to scream and yell like a manic. There is definately activity to the south of the Park. There is fracking just south in the Green River Basin and the Jonah Gas Field. I don't know what the signal was but I'm guessing it was a transmission problem. It didn't show on enough webicorders to means it was unique to those webicorders. The quakes to the west of the park are in a river valley. I didn't see any fracking. There is a water reservoir nearby.

The bastards are going to blow up Yellowstone. They want to frack right up to the edges of the park. They have no worries about the gamble. I guess it's ok to drill in siemic areas. What's going to happen?

There's no worries. I mean it's not like they're going to drill right on top of the volcano.

www.youtube.com...

I'd pull out all my hair. But I shave it all off regularly. There's nothing to pull on now. Good thing I guess.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

I just watched that video on Lake Peigneur Robin, OMFG!!!!!!!!!

My jaw is still on the floor!

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Is it possible there is a connection between the Helicorder displays and this? www.swpc.noaa.gov...
Solar weather indicates a Storm. www.n3kl.org...

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

I've seen that video before (just watched it again) and it is a perfect example of how 'engineers' can never truely predict nor understand what disrupting the natural balance of things might do to an ecosystem.

To claim that ANY kind of drilling (but especially fracking) anywhere near Yellowstone could be declared as safe just defies reason. To me, it is a glaring sign that our government has lost all and any concern for our lives and safety. This is big business gone wild and anyone in the way will simply be wiped out. Our rights as citizens of this country (and the world in the case of Yellowstone) just don't matter anymore.

It reminds me of a thief that can't perceive the consequences of his actions so he steals and harms anyways because they simply do not have the ability to feel what is right or wrong anymore. To us, it is obvious. It is wrong, it is dangerous, it is harmful...but TPTB act like sociopaths now. We are dictated by sociopaths.

top topics

<< 690  691  692    694  695  696 >>

join