It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats going on at yellowstone?

page: 419
<< 416  417  418    420  421  422 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
A really shallow (.2km) 3.1 hit in southern Idaho today. I wonder what thats all about.
earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Well Shucks...guess we'll have to wait on Mt Redoubts' P/S Wave YS Effect Theory. It appears to have "Swallowed it's Burp" for the moment. Not to wish anything bad on people up there, but, was interested in seeing if there would actually be some kind of coupling as has been suggested...

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Hi All, version 1.0.9 of the SQL Server version of QuakeData is now available.

Mainly contains tweaks in the Audio section.

You MUST apply the stored procedure amendment contained in the zip file 'GetQuakeDataBetweenDates_AMEND.zip' otherwise file imports will fail. Open the SSMS and, having unzipped the file load it in, then execute it.

The SQL Server backup file has been updated so if you missed some data this i right up to 17:30 GMT today 31 Jan 2009.

And the good news for those of you who don't want to be bothered with SQL server is that the Lite version, which contains it's own database, should be available tomorrow or Monday. This is in effect a standalone version if you only want to play with audio.

Get the files from

www.4shared.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Good! I'm downloading it now.
Is the stand-alone version slower than the SQL version?

Also: do I have to restore the database backup again?

[edit on 2009/1/31 by Shirakawa]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   

You are the man

I'm in awe and I am eagerly awaiting the stand alone version so I can go back through some of the odder localized event we saw at Pitchstone and such.

Of course it will be a learning curve to figure out how to get the data.

M.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
Hi All, version 1.0.9 of the SQL Server version of QuakeData is now available.

Mainly contains tweaks in the Audio section.

You MUST apply the stored procedure amendment contained in the zip file 'GetQuakeDataBetweenDates_AMEND.zip' otherwise file imports will fail. Open the SSMS and, having unzipped the file load it in, then execute it.

The SQL Server backup file has been updated so if you missed some data this i right up to 17:30 GMT today 31 Jan 2009.

Excellent PuterMan!! U Da Man!!!

Originally posted by PuterMan
And the good news for those of you who don't want to be bothered with SQL server is that the Lite version, which contains it's own database, should be available tomorrow or Monday. This is in effect a standalone version if you only want to play with audio.

Fantastic!! Look forward to it!

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Shirakawa, Tester in Chief, found a bug in V1.0.9. It is fixed and the latest version v1.0.10 is up on the site.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Them darn bugs! Salutes to the Tester in Chief!!!

2nd line goes here.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Hey, check out the LKWY webicorder. Somethin' is brewin'!

Also, I have been keeping an eye on the Madison River webicorder

And the Mary Lake webicorder

INTERESTING!

[edit on 31-1-2009 by SpadeofAces]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SpadeofAces

Well it doesn't look like wind...3-8 MPH showing at Riverton, WY...
Keep yer I's peeled...

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Hey, look at this OF with no steam

It came back in the next clip

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
This looks interesting...notice the Fault Line running down from above YS in the 1st Pic...and the Id & Ut Eq's in the 2nd...in fact if you follow the general direction NW from the ? mark it leads up toward that M3+ in Mt?

[edit on 1/31/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Does anyone know what all this activity at Shishaldin in Alaska means?

www.avo.alaska.edu...

Seems to me like its pretty active, but I don't normally read these things so does this indicate an eruption is imminent or is this normal?

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS
Hi anon,

they don't seem too concerned with Shishaldin at the AVO. They're less sure about Redoubt, which is still at Current Aviation Color ORANGE and Current Volcano Alert Level: WATCH. Shishaldin is at CAC YELLOW and CVAL ADVISORY.

You can check the Alaska Volcano Observatory's status report page here.

If anything changes they'll update pretty quickly. Those AVO people are good.

Mike

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Well, here is your pipe-cleaner/caterpillar/?/?/? explaination pulled from EarthquakesCanada, but what do those Canadians know? J/K

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Yeah... weird how those pipecleaner thingies nearly always seem to fizzle out when other activity kicks in. They don't just shut off, they sort of fizzle out like anorexic caterpillars...

Happened so often before it no longer surprises me.

To TrueAmerican: hey, nice observation on those E, Z, and N readings from GEE.
Now, if the signals are coming in strong on E and Z, but there's almost nothing on N, in terms of simple mechanics it pretty well describes the vibration we'd see from a somewhat out-of-balance object fixed on a rotating shaft. If the E component is strongest it'd be like a piston running in a horizontal plane at right angles to the shaft; if it's the Z that's strongest then it'd be vertical, but of course still at right angles to the said shaft. A slightly out-of-balance wheel might give the same effects but they probably wouldn't be as pronounced.

Now I'm not saying it has to be a piston or wheel etc, just trying to visualize what types of things there are that would produce vibration along a horizontal and vertical axis but with no real axis of depth, if you follow.

If it's a pumped danged if I know why it gives such odd traces when other seismics start up, or why it varies in intensity so much, or even why it sometimes seems to be triggered by teleseisms, but it's hard to think of a natural phenomenon in that environment that would produce such an odd bias in the traces -- so, have to go with you that either it's something mechanical or else by some very slim chance it's just something totally weird and unknown...

That's funny.. why do I hear the X-files theme?

By the way all, I checked around on the web and could only find records/reports for two air monitors in YS. One's by the entrance road coming from West Yellowstone township, and the other is just by Old Faithful. Couldn't find any reports for readings from a station near YS Lake.

Has anyone found any data/reports for an air monitoring station there? Not anecdotal evidence of the "I heard about one" kind
, but actual reports?

Mike

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Hi again,

I recall we discussed this possibility a fair way back in the thread. The "pipecleaners" really show too much variability even on the LKWY webicorder traces to make them recalibration signals or just ordinary glitches. These things have been appearing on and off for several months now, though they've been getting stronger in recent weeks. Up till recently I've been one of the strongest advocates that they are some kind of natural though weird event, but now (see my previous post) I really have to go with the evidence that they have a mechanical basis. Not a glitch or recalibration, but some kind of interference.

We also have to keep in mind that the experts normally have a lot more data to look at than the stuff we get, and so they have probably long since identified the source of our "pipecleaners" and no doubt have a good laugh from time to time at the way we go on about them. But hey, you highly-degreed guys and gals of seismology, geology and vulcanology -- at least we're trying to learn something and not just go progressively deeper into living brain death in front of the TV.

Mike

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
BIGGINS IN CALIFORNIA 4.4

I've been watching my local webicorder in Ventura County, and saw some unusual activity about 30-45 mins. ago. Then, I take a shower, and this happens...

Taken from here.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Wowza. Well if that's the case, no wonder. It didn't fit a typical recalibration pulse, instead it is a computer restart calibration pulse. Very good find. Star for joo!

So now let's hear the theories on why the computer is restarting so much?

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican
And after you finally convinced me and just about everyone else who was dubious that it's mechanical...
What you said about the E, Z and N traces on GEE makes such perfect sense...

If it's a recalibration pulse, why is it so irregular in apparent strength? (Starts off weak then gets stronger, usually.) And why do we have cases where other activity is being recorded in between those pulses (or even during them)? Would the pulses record on E and Z but not N? Forgive me... I'm not asking all this out of sarcasm or cynicism, or to be critical, but because I honestly just don't know...

Regards,

Mike

PS: Goodnight all. Catch you tomorrow...

top topics

<< 416  417  418    420  421  422 >>

join