It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top 10 Wierdest things in Space(excluding aliens of course)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
dsc.discovery.com...

Includes some stunning pictures!

[edit on 12/27/2008 by BlackProjects]

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Hmmm ... link seems to be broken. Tried several times, but no joy.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Your linky is broky, try this:
10 Weirdest things in space:

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Check link again I corrected it.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackProjects
dsc.discovery.com...

Includes some stunning pictures!

[edit on 12/27/2008 by BlackProjects]

Awesome...thanks for the interesting link. My favorite mystery is gravity. I've thought on that one many a time and wondered. Always thought it was just mass that created gravity... but there is so much more to it.

Thanks again for sharing this!

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I found the link dead as well. I searched the site and found it. Try this link to weirdest things in space. I'm on the site now and the 1st page is a hypervelocity star careening through space. I warn you that the pictures are artist conceptions.

I

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
it will forever bother me to wonder what the universe looked like before "the big bang". what the hell exploded? you cant blow up nothing if nothing is there

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

My updated link now works for me..thanks for adding again though.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
dsc.discovery.com...

Some cosmologists think this expansion will leave the Milky Way galaxy as an "island universe" in a few trillion years with no other galaxies visible. Others think the rate of expansion will become so great that it will result in a "Big Rip." In this scenario, the force of dark energy overcomes gravity to disassemble stars and planets, the forces keeping particles sticking together, the molecules in those particles, and eventually the atoms and subatomic particles. Thankfully, humankind probably won't be around to witness to cataclysm.

How bloody depressing is that? Just makes existence totally pointless, there wont even be any evidence of existence come that time. Knowing these things I don't know how anyone could still cling to the idea of an afterlife, although it sure must be comforting, it sure beats being aware of your consciousness disappearing one day never to return.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada
Knowing these things I don't know how anyone could still cling to the idea of an afterlife, although it sure must be comforting, it sure beats being aware of your consciousness disappearing one day never to return.

I don't see how the knowledge that this universe is probably doomed to eventual destruction conflicts with belief in an afterlife. I never thought the afterlife was supposed to be dependent on our universe's continued well-being. In fact, biblical verses referring to a "new heaven and new earth" implies a wholly different "universe."

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ngchunter
I don't see how the knowledge that this universe is probably doomed to eventual destruction conflicts with belief in an afterlife. I never thought the afterlife was supposed to be dependent on our universe's continued well-being. In fact, biblical verses referring to a "new heaven and new earth" implies a wholly different "universe."

I don't want to derail this thread by talking about religion (my fault for mentioning it in the first place), but if the Universe is everything and it will one day end then that would also be the end of any so called God.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Swatman

it was like this universe, only it all got sucked ito a massive black hole, then the forces of all the matter of the universe, constantly forming & destroying exotic particles inside the black hole overcame the gravitational pull and like popping a baloon all the energy/matter 'popped'
its cyclical. the same will happen to this universe, a long long time from now. teh black hole in the center of out galaxy will eventually attract the other black holes as the stars burn up, & then those black holes make bigger ones attracting others from other galaxies then eventually your left with one huge blackhole with all the energy/matter in the universe. then the cycle repeats. but it's nothing anyone of us should worry about it's litterally billions of years away from happening.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Interesting stuff.

What everyone needs to realize about science's role in understanding the Universe is that we have THEORIES based on the currently measurable Universe ( less than 5% of the total Universe) as to how everything works.

We're probably wrong in almost every way. At least our understanding is incomplete. Mainstream science is frustratingly arrogant at times. The Universe is a mystery, and it will continue to be.

[edit on 10-1-2009 by whitl103]

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Is there a summary cause it looks like science propaganda.
Has any scientist verified the black of a block hole.
Cause things look very bright at galactic centers and the
electric universe homo motor for galaxies looks like a good theory.

top topics

join