It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surprise!!! RNC chairman candidate defends 'Barack the Magic Negro' song...(?)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by pteridine

Ever heard of Saturday Night Live? There was no satire of Sarah Palin? Thats all NBC did for about two straight months. And dont even get me started with CNN, MSNBC, The New York Times, and many others. The liberal media did nothing but attempt to undermine the GOP throughout the entire campaign. To say that this song is offensive is laughable after the all out media assult that was executed on the Republican party. How many "old" or "babe" cracks were made throughout the closing months of the election? Why can liberals dish out this hogwash, but when the tables are turned, its WaAaAaAa!!! Im personally glad somebody finally stuck a big thumb in their bowl of crybaby soup.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
The invite is still open and discussion pending, I wonder will we ever get to discuss and expose the true agenda here?

Maybe in time the RNC can start a new push to reenact old legislation which would allow the lynching of any disobedient house Negros?

[edit on 27-12-2008 by Walkswithfish]

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
How many Black comedians make fun of white people because they are white without any backlash? If you can't remember any watch the kings of comedy dvd, martin lawerance dvds, kat williams dvd, bernie mac dvds.

Saltsman is not a comedian, as much as he'd like to think himself so. He is a candidate for Republican National Chairman and Mike Huckabee's campaign manager. This was not performed on a comedy stage or in a cartoon, it was assembled on a CD and sent to other Republicans on he committee.

Hey, like I said, I don't really have a problem with it. I'm not arguing that it shouldn't have been done. I'm a free-speech advocate. My point is that it's about the stupidest thing a person could do!
And he's now in hot water over it.

Former Memphian Chip Saltsman, ... may have jeopardized his chairmanship bid after sending RNC members a Christmas gift CD consisting of selections from Shanklin's latest CD, I Hate the U.S.A., which contains a series of broadly burlesqued attacks upon assorted Democrats.

The new administration is working to reach across the aisle and it's just become crystal clear that Saltsman wants to drive a permanent wedge down the center. His choice. Stupid.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

They can get rid of Saltsman, but will that eliminate the covert racism he inadvertently exposed?

Too bad they couldn't have kept this all quiet and enjoyed this song privately through the use of ear buds and I pods.

A good move would be to appoint Allen Keyes to the RNC chairmanship, and of course some good acting on the part of republican leaders showing how completely offended they were by Saltsman's actions... Could work?

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

How many Black comedians make fun of white people because they are white without any backlash? If you can't remember any watch the kings of comedy dvd, martin lawerance dvds, kat williams dvd, bernie mac dvds.

Saltsman is not a comedian, as much as he'd like to think himself so. He is a candidate for Republican National Chairman and Mike Huckabee's campaign manager. This was not performed on a comedy stage or in a cartoon, it was assembled on a CD and sent to other Republicans on he committee.

Hey, like I said, I don't really have a problem with it. I'm not arguing that it shouldn't have been done. I'm a free-speech advocate. My point is that it's about the stupidest thing a person could do!
And he's now in hot water over it.

Former Memphian Chip Saltsman, ... may have jeopardized his chairmanship bid after sending RNC members a Christmas gift CD consisting of selections from Shanklin's latest CD, I Hate the U.S.A., which contains a series of broadly burlesqued attacks upon assorted Democrats.

The new administration is working to reach across the aisle and it's just become crystal clear that Saltsman wants to drive a permanent wedge down the center. His choice. Stupid.

So one can only be a comedian if that is his line of work? What about lawyers who go to a comedy club and does stand up on open mic Fridays?

It was a joke and now I'm sure we will be hearing from Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson about this.

Really that is the only thing that upsets me about this. It opens another door for those two racists morons to get on televison.

Just so I'm clear.

Black comedians can make fun of white people for being white without it being racist because they are comedians.

A song that is somewhat comical calling Obama a Negro is racist because it making fun of Obama because he is black. I guess if he was black it wouldn't have been a problem now would it?

Regardless if the guy is a politician or not, can you not see the double standard?

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Walkswithfish
They can get rid of Saltsman, but will that eliminate the covert racism he inadvertently exposed?

No. And it's good that he exposed it. Now, his own party knows where he's coming from.

The only things that will eliminate racism all around are time, exposure to black people and education. That's one reason I'm glad we have a black president. It's great exposure.
Being our president, people will be exposed to him a lot.

I saw a show the other day that chronicled a mixed race couple whose families were concerned about the rough time their child would face growing up mixed race. It was made long before Obama was elected. But it showed how ideas have changed just by him being elected. A mixed race child born today can be proud that he shares something with a president of the US. That's pretty cool.

People like Saltsman, who think it's funny to mock a person's race, gender, disability, ethnicity or sexual orientation are, frankly, dying out. They are a shrinking group. And when they expose their ignorance, they find that out.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   

What about lawyers who go to a comedy club and does stand up on open mic Fridays?

Well, that analogy doesn't follow through. As I said, this isn't a comedy club. It's a respected committee. It would be like a lawyer making a CD mocking the Supreme Court Justices and sending it to the bar association.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   

My point is that anyone can be a comedian. Don't take my comment out of context. It was a joke, people laughed. You want to complain about racism in comedey then complain about the black comedians I listed above. Or is it ok for them to make racial remarks about white people?

Racism is racism no matter where it occurs. Making the excuse that it is ok for comedians to do it but not politicians is ignorant.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   

You want to complain about racism in comedey then complain about the black comedians I listed above.

Where did I complain about racism in comedy?

Making the excuse that it is ok for comedians to do it but not politicians is ignorant.

Where did I say it wasn't OK? I suggest you re-read my posts in this thread looking for it.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I got directed here from another thread so I figured I'd take a look.
I was told that I would find the 'magic negro' thing something to chuckle at.
Sorry ... but I don't get it. Guess that kind of 'humor' doesn't register.

The cover of that magazine a few months back with the Obamas on the cover as muslims or whatever .. that satire I understood. (I also understood why the Obama's didn't like it). But this 'magic negro' thing - I don't get.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Okay, you didn't get the joke, so what about the real issue of a candidate for the chair of the RNC sending this song on a CD called "we hate America" to members of that RNC?

Did you miss that part, perhaps just skipping to the "joke"?

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
""""""""I'm wayyyyy out in left field here""""""""""""

BUT.......

If I decided to donate to the United NEGRO College Fund...would I be considered a racist?

Just curious?

Everyone is missing the true point here. It was the liberal LA Times that called Barack Obama the Magic Negro. An observant radio talk show host pointed this out, and a comedian made a song about it. Condemning the second and third party while leaving out the first is an illustration of absurdity.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
Everyone is missing the true point here. It was the liberal LA Times that called Barack Obama the Magic Negro. An observant radio talk show host pointed this out, and a comedian made a song about it. Condemning the second and third party while leaving out the first is an illustration of absurdity.

Wrong, you are missing the point here... or are you completely blind to it?

Do I really need to explain it?

Can I some how word it where a 2nd grader would understand it?

Did you read the news article, or even the subject line?

Are you a member of the RNC?

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Walkswithfish
Did you miss that part, perhaps just skipping to the "joke"?

The thing is - I don't get the 'joke'. Just because I don't get the 'joke' doesn't mean others don't. If that politician used his own money to send this so called 'joke' to others - that's his right. But it's also our right to express our displeasure in what they think is a 'joke'.

I just don't get it so I don't know if the joke is 'okay' or not.

Since I don' t get it, I don't know if this is racism, bigotry, poor taste or me just not 'getting it'. I just can't say because this so-called joke is over my head or something ...

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Sounds like ol' Chip's attempt at humor will do him in. I can't wait for the song "Chip the Magic Neocon" to hear his life story set to a snappy tune like "Puff." There's nothing so touching as a self-correcting defect eliminating himself from the political gene pool through his own stupidity. Perhaps the GOP now understands what a liability this clown is. Combined with his success with the Huckabee campaign, I see a showbiz future for Chip in Nashville.

He'll be crooning, "Would you like fries with that, Sir" at the Golden Arches Opry.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

You do know the Republican party was founded by anti-slavery activists, and it's first president was Abraham Lincoln, don't you? No, you probably don't, because facts arn't something you deal with on a daily, or yearly basis. Your argument is again, useless. Painting the entire party racists because of a song an African American wrote, produced, and sang on the Rush Limbaugh show, is beyond stupid.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
It isn't about subject matter which is irrelevant and a matter of taste. As such it is always open to individual interpretation and not really necessary to debate. Almost anything can be funny in the right context. This 'joke' is not clever or perceptive or satirical. It has no context other than having been lifted from a newspaper article.

Anyone with a sense of humor of any streak, tone or taste should be offended by this simply because it isn't funny.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by aravoth
reply to post by Walkswithfish

No, you probably don't, because facts arn't something you deal with on a daily, or yearly basis. Your argument is again, useless. Painting the entire party racists because of a song an African American wrote, produced, and sang on the Rush Limbaugh show, is beyond stupid.

No I suppose facts are irrelevant to all here... By the way, the song in question was not written by an African American perhaps you need to check a few facts as well.

It was written and produced by this guy...

www.paulshanklin.com...

I believe he is white, unless there is something wrong with my monitor... Oh and he is a good friend of Saltsman, who also worked on a well known Republican's campaign for president.

Ah, why bother here... what the hell do I know.

Sorry, I call it the way I see it, forgive me if I forced anyone to look at something from a distasteful point of view.

Sometimes the truth is really too hard to accept or believe.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by aravoth
You do know the Republican party was founded by anti-slavery activists, and it's first president was Abraham Lincoln, don't you?

And do you know that while Abe Lincoln was strongly against slavery, he was also quite racist?

The Great Emancipator and the Issue of Race

While it is true that Lincoln regarded slavery as an evil and harmful institution, it also true, as this paper will show, that he shared the conviction of most Americans of his time, and of many prominent statesmen before and after him, that blacks could not be assimilated into white society. He rejected the notion of social equality of the races, and held to the view that blacks should be resettled abroad. As President, he supported projects to remove blacks from the United States.

Not really something to be proud of.

Painting the entire party racists because of a song an African American wrote, produced, and sang on the Rush Limbaugh show, is beyond stupid.

Just FYI, the song was written AND sung by Paul Shanklin, a very white guy.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
As I stated in a previous thread, the only way you see it is through the eyes of a Segregationist. Just like most people on the left, all throughout history.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join