It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLICE.........Love 'em or Hate 'em..........What's your take on their "Job Performance"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by PhyberDragon

I see you have been paying attention in class.You get an A+.One rotten apple eventually spoils the whole bunch from the petty officer up to the president.

You are also correct in the fact that it is from a particular point of view which makes somebody seem bad and provided a very thorough description which is right on the money.I also like the drug trafficking. My brother and I talk about this and it's funny how people are so blind and naive to the fact.

The last White Hope (The American Drug War)

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by PhyberDragon

First Off: The Executive Branch of Government is the Law Enforcement Branch. The Legislative Branch Write Law. The Judicial Branch Judge Law. Police fall under jurisdiction of the Executive (Law Enforcement) Branch whether local, federal, or state.

Secondly: While you may feel there are only a few bad ones. It's really a matter of subjective vs. objective view. Therefore, whom you may consider bad (say Israel or Palestinians) others may consider good and vice versa. Move ahead to modern times. Israel displaces Palestinians who were there first . . Follow me so far?

Now move back to Police. Which cop do you support? How do they hurt or benefit your interests? Can you objectively consider how the one who hurts you helps another, or the one who helps you hurts another?

Consider, let an intelligent crook make Afghanistan Marijuana which has the highest THC content, being the best region in the world to grow it, the lead source of marijuana in this country and see if the Columbians don't have American authorities shut you down with a vengeance, even though it beats Columbian Gold and the like hands down.

Lastly: If a Policeman is naive enough to believe such atrocities don't exist, they are gullible enough to be manipulated into believing not only that they are doing the right thing, but also, that they aren't furthering a covert corrupt agenda.

President Nixon declared the War on Drugs in 1969. We have been engaged on that hopeless challenge - a fool's errand - to punish some of our mores for neigh on to 40 years. We have spent hundreds of billions of dollars and killed scores of innocent people like the grandmother in Atlanta. We have violated half the Constitutional provisions respecting liberty of our citizens - who ever authorized "no knock" warrants - surely an oxymoron - and we have incarcerated more than 1,000,000 otherwise good people for drug crimes that before 1908 were not crimes at all.

I am not a drug person myself but I can see we have taken the wrong course to regulate what some people regarded as a social problem worthy of the Federal government’s attention. Just as we could not get out of Vietnam when we realized we had made such a tragic mistake, nor can we get out of Iraq, nor can we get out of Afghan, nor can we get out of Columbia, we are surely now on a path leading to bankruptcy at best or self destruction at worst if we insist on continuing the unachievable goals we set for ourselves in 1969. And unnecessary for the REAL security of our country.

We have wrecked Columbia and are fast wrecking Peru, and we are now getting ready to destroy Afghan, meanwhile Mexico is falling into the hands of gangsters who are moving over into Arizona, all because we are too BLIND to re-examine the SOLUTIONS we have tried for 4 decades but which have FAILED big time.

Let’s authorize Phillip Morris to begin making and selling mj cigarettes for the public. $10 for a pack of 20 good sized smokes. Federally regulated as to weight and THC content. Divide $5 evenly between PM and the seller. The other $5 would be split three ways, local, state and federal governments each to get $1.66 per pack! Require ID and over 18 to buy.

Choose 2 other drugs like codeine and Demerol. Size them so a tab would keep the average person high for say, 3 hours. Sell those in packs of 12 tabs. At you local Walgreen's or CVS for $20 a pack. Require ID and over 21 to buy. Split the price the same way. $10 to the maker and seller, $10 to the 3 levels of government. Government regulated as to quality and price.

Make it a 5 year trial. Cut loose everyone now in prison for first or second offense in retail trafficking. If they keep their noses clean for 5 years, give them a full pardon. Put them back into the civilian job market for real without the killer stigma of a felony conviction.

We’ve got to think smart for a change.

[edit on 1/9/2009 by donwhite]

<< 1   >>

join