It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I don't actually believe in ghosts but...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Although I don't post much, I've been registered here for a while now and the few of you who had read any of my posts know that I'm usually on the skeptic side of the fence. But here's the deal, I recently found out about a little story involving a friend of my sister (which used to be a friend of mine too; not anymore). Apparently she was playing with his son alone in their house, and when he began watching TV she tooked a picture of him. This is the photo, which was taken from her cellphone:

As you can see, there's clearly a gun pointing to the kid's head. Apparently she didn't noticed it when she took the picture, I don't know exactly why (I think her cell has a tendency to zoom in the pictures so it's probable she didn't saw it at first).

Anyway, that's the story and that's the picture. It gives me the creeps everytime I see it.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Weel not just to play debunker, but it just looks like someone walked was walking up to the kid holding a toy gun. That is what I would say it is and believe that most others on here will say the same thing.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
In a way that picture doesn't look real.

Can you say photo shop?

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Since when does Casper carry a glock?

It could be anything I've seen some pretty weird photos

Most likley another child with a toy pistol

thanks for posting

[edit on 22-12-2008 by SLAYER69]

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Well, there were only them when the picture was taken (the kid and the mother) and there was no toy gun around. On the other hand she doesn't have a computer and barely knows how to use his cellphone, so it's unlikely she could place the hand and the gun using Photoshop. Specially because it doesn't have any sense. She's not selling the picture or anything, in fact it was taken a few months ago and she didn't even make a fuss about it at that time, not even today.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Radiobuzz

Did she notice this before it was uploaded to the net? Sorry but it really does look like it's been tampered with, if not by her, then by someone else.
Does she still have the picture on her phone?

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I don't know exactly when she realised about it, but it was about the next day she tooked the pic. And yes, I do believe she still has it on her cellphone because my sister asked her for the pic the other day and she sended it to my sister's phone (I'm not aware if it was via bluetooth or MMS). As far as I know, this is the first time the picture has been downloaded to a PC.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Hard to say with it being so blurry. Looks like a blurred hand holding something black. If your friends say they were alone and that was impossible... then that's what they say... I can't refute or support that as I wasn't there.

I really can't say I see it as strong enough evidence of anything let alone something that could change my belief or disbelief in ghosts.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Radiobuzz

Well, tis mighty odd, that is, Sir. No chance your sister could have tampered with it maybe? Just trying to weigh out the odds. Unless the picture has been messed with by someone either of you two don't know.
Just have to wait and see with an outcome
I like all these ghosty things myself, but I guess it's hard to prove to other people over the net that it is authentic. (I know that if it were me who took the photo, and I found that anomoly on it, that'd be hard enough to prove it unless others were there. So I understand where you're coming from!)

Just kinda hard to prove it though. Oh well, hopefully something else or someone is able to shed a little more light on this, for the cleverer people than I, lol!

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
My sister couldn't have tampered with the pic because she wasn't aware of it until I told her so. Although this happened a couple of months ago (in April according to the image's propierties), I learned about it this friday when I was talking about paranormal stuff with some of my friends (which are also ex-friends with the girl who tooked the picture) and this subject came up. It was the first time I heard about it so I told it to my sister (the girl is her boss), who also didn't knew about it. She asked her if it was true and the girl showed her the picture, and then I uploaded it here.

And just in case, I haven't tampered with the picture either, I don't have enough time, lol.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I believe no one tampered with it....But do you remember the movie "Three Men and a Baby" I watched that part that we were all told was a rifle in the curtains and after they pan across it is suppose to be the ghost of the kid who shot himself ,in the apartment,in the curtains...
Well it wasn't a ghost or a riffle, it was a cut out of Ted Danson wearing a top hat...SO just maybe its not what it appears to be...Anyways, this is a old post did you ever find out anymore about this picture?

top topics

join