It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

security clearances for politicians

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
When I joined the military I needed a mid level security clearance for my MOS. It took 2 weeks to get. No I'm not going to say why I need it, so don't ask.

I'm sure if a Senator need a security clearance they would get theirs within a day or two with little or no paperwork done. One day they won't need it and the next they could be put in a posistion where it is crucial that they do.

Is it right? Probably not, they should go through the background checks like everyone else, but thats the way it goes. If it is needed to get the job done then it will be given.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by hardeeboy

Just wondered what kind of questions they ask on poly. I was slated for one to work on an upcoming project but decided to transfer to another location.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Several of the questions were the same as they ask on the SF86 form.

natural citizen of usa
Employment history
marriage
financial
drug or alchohol
residence
people who know you
criminal record

others are:
have you ever stole anything
is your full name what you stated
gay or straight
have you ever been involved in a protest against the US
have you ever had a previous clearance that was denied
are you honest
do you speak any other language besides english
are you good at your current position
is Sgt so and so your supervisor
have you been in the US army for 10 years
are you an infantryman in the US Army

The usual stuff, polygraph is first then field investigations come next. I took 2 polygraphs because even though I was cleared there was another level called SAPS that required an expanded polygraph scope.

The biggest thing I worried about was my ex wife because that was a nasty and long dragged out divorce and I knew they were going to interview her and she was probaly just going to tell all kind of things to them that was not true, but I guess the investigators have heard everything before especially from exs! LOL!!

But in the end I was cleared and everything came out fine, it was a bit stressfull at times.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
to tell ya the truth as long as you answer truthfully , for the most part (or if you killed someone...lol), you will pass. So no fibbing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join