It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mt Rainiers beautiful clouds...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
As a person who lives in the Pacific Northwest, every now and then we will see unusual cloud formations around Mt Rainier. In this particular case, I was browsing the news about the upcoming storm and happened upon some spectacular images that some of you may find interesting.

There is a link to the news site with larger versions of the images for personal use.

www.komonews.com...

Enjoy

Truly amazing...

Peace

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Thanks !!! They are beautiful. Really. This mountain is located near mt. Adams and Helens. right ? Lands of the native Americans. A while ago i read some very interesting legends about these mountains. Amazing !
Thanks for share...

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
OH MY those are gorgeous

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Yes, those clouds are beautiful. I believe they are called Lenticular clouds. Others believe they are UFO's disguised as clouds.

JbT

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Those are great pictures!

Here is another picture, though not of Mt Rainier directly, it was taken of the Vancouver Skyline from Cypress Mt this morning.

I could be wrong, but I think thats Mt Baker on the left and Mt Rainier on the right in the horizon.

Click on the picture for the full view.

[edit on 21-1-2009 by JbT]

JbT

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Damn double posts.... :bnghd:

[edit on 21-1-2009 by JbT]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by pikypiky
Yes, those clouds are beautiful. I believe they are called Lenticular clouds. Others believe they are UFO's disguised as clouds.

Yep you're exactly right

And I have to admit, they are some of the most spectacular ones I have ever seen. To bad they only happen mainly around mountainous areas.

I cant wait to move from the flat tropics to the cold hills down in the south

top topics

join