It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worst gift you've received?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by flymetothemoon

Please do explain what a spider catcher is. I could probably use one, a few of the eight legged bastards have invaded my house and seem to be looking at me with hate.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raustin

Please do explain what a spider catcher is. I could probably use one, a few of the eight legged bastards have invaded my house and seem to be looking at me with hate.

No interest in the Garfield calendar ? (i do not blame you.lol )

Let me introduce to you the Award winning spider catcher

If you dislike spiders or other insects in your house and want to remove them without harm then all you need is the Spider Catcher. It works by surrounding the spider with bristles that close around the spider, the bristles harmlessly trap the spider, to allow you to pickup and release the spider outside.
How can I catch spiders and insects?

The Spider Catcher has a trigger at one end that operates the bristles at the other end; it is approx 65cm (25.60 inches) in length to allow you to approach the spider at a safe distance.

If you google "spider catcher" you will get some amazing results.
I can tell you this device really works...

Spider Catcher - Cool Things Live Episode 1

[edit on 25-12-2008 by flymetothemoon]

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Oh man, I think that may win as the worst gift idea ever. Cool concept but seriously, just swat the little creeps with a newspaper. And no interest in the Garfield calender, I'll keep the ducky wash cloth.

On a side note I was just re gifted a DVD player I gave to my aunt. I think she forgot I gave it to her two years ago. I started laughing so hard I almost fell out of my chair. It took her a few minutes to appreciate the humor.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Every year my favorite aunt would get me the newest version from a classic book series like Black Beauty, Little Women, Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, etc. while my brother and the other four cousins/grandchildren would get really cool toys from her. Then my brother and cousins would go outside to play with their awesome new toys while I had... some boring book the size of a dictionary.

This went on until I was in high school and was really frustrating until my mother finally asked her one year privately why she always did that to me. I don't want to give the answer here but it was really sweet and made me feel a lot better about it. And now as an adult, her prediction turned out to be true for me and my cousins. lol

So it's funny now but I hated it then.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I can see how that would seem like a bad gift as a kid. I always got books like that but I actually really liked it. I was a very avid reader when I was younger. Then again I was pretty spoiled so the books weren't the only gifts.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raustin

Oh man, I think that may win as the worst gift idea ever. Cool concept but seriously, just swat the little creeps with a newspaper.

lol. You mean read a newspaper telling how evil, humans can be, and then kill a spider with it. No thanks ! I hang on to the spider catcher.lol

On a side note I was just re gifted a DVD player I gave to my aunt. I think she forgot I gave it to her two years ago. I started laughing so hard I almost fell out of my chair. It took her a few minutes to appreciate the humor.

Ha,ha this is funny. Maby she's not into that modern stuff... Once i gave my grandma a towel. Next year, it got handed over to my sister.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   

I think she just a better DVD player and figured she could save some cash. She didn't seem to realize I had given the thing to her awhile back.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
The worst gifts are no gifts, especially from my husband. my husband never bought me a gift for my birthday or for christmas. wtf. even though he asks me what i want, i tell him nothing. but still, at least grab a flower from the garden and give it to me as a gift. for all the men out there, if ur gf or wife says they dont want anything u still better march ur but down to the mall and get her more than 1 thing.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join