It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California Check Points with Military Happening

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

I'm pretty sure it was just training.

Then they'll be "temporary force enhancement", just helping out a little.

See where this is going.

BTW, "temporary force enhancement" is the phrase that a friend uses after getting some homeland mission training at Ft. Stewart.

I don't believe active duty has any business off the res, training or otherwise. If something NEEDS done, let Nasty Guard handle it.

If they want training, i'm sure there budget can handle if they pay for their own instead of co-op'ing with civ police.

But, I am not the boss, and they will do as they will, and people like me will b*tch about it on boards like this.

Like I said, this is just my belief according to how I understand posse comitatus and separation of powers, as well as original intent of the framers. I have frequently been wrong, and my belief could be innaccurate in this case. They may train with civs once a week, and nothing ever come of it, or maybe they are conditioning us.

I live 2 miles from the gate of a major installation. I see GI's all the time @ wal-mart, gas station, everywhere. Good friends all over the world are military or ex. I don't freak when I see a person in uniform. I have WOC candidates help out @ scout camps all the time for their community service requirements. Alot of my friends are still active. And when they start to worry about the direction things are going, so do I.

If you give .gov an inch,
the mile is not far behind.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
People!
I think one of the BIGGEST things we ALL need to keep in mind here, is that according to folks lik George W., the Constitution, is "Just a DAMN PIECE OF PAPER"... YES, he is ALMOST out of office--but the events he and his cronies have set in motion--9/11, the Illegal Iraq and Afghan wars, etc WILL, Yeah, HAVE CONSEQUENCES for a VERY LONG TIME TO COME--AMD, there are a LOT of others,in our government, who feel the EXACT SAME WAY, and who WILL continue, to work to undermine our reedoms!
The problem for us, as I see it, is, who among us, has the wisom of Solomon, to say, when IS the CORRECT time for We the People to rise up and stirke down the corrupted government???--"AND", I FEAR, that by the time we ARE ABLE to MAKE that call, it will ALREADY BE TOO LATE!!!!

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
wow...I finally cleared all of this...

What a read :-p

Ok...so yes I will tell you right out that I am military...so immediately I am sure I will be 'covering' something up...oh well

The MP's train with civvies alot. The civvies train with MP's alot. WOOOO What a crime!

Look...if you don't like training that goes on between military and civvies...move...seriously I would recommend moving. You guys say that firefighters training together is ok...but not crossing. Those 'simulations' are house and decks they light on fire and sometimes civvies and military firefighters train together. Another wicked crime...

I can't fathom why people wouldn't want the civvies and MP's training together. You don't want people learning from other agencies?

The stuff cited here never said they were there just for Marines...true...but it also never said they were their arresting civvies. Such intense paranoia in this thread.

Well I am telling you that this training happens all the time at pretty much every military base around. Now think about this...it's been happening for decades...still no NWO...I wouldn't concern yourself on this trivial matter. MP's observing how CHP's take DUI's? I'll sleep just fine

-Kyo

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Oh and FYI...the National Guard is the military...

-Kyo

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by emeraldzeus
It never ceases to amaze me that folks that don't even LIVE here are spinning this out of control.

i don't need to LIVE there to know that military needs to stay out of civilian business
you guys don't get enough "road block" experience from iraq and other such places?

A new General came aboard not too long ago. In the change-over, he was angered by how many deaths occur on Highway 62, Marines are constantly driving this road. So, the General and base officials have been meeting with city officials of Yucca Valley, to team up with a plan to crack down on drunk and reckless driving.

I DON'T CARE WHAT GETS HIM "ANGERED"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mr. "new general" is military, NOT civilian

"You police your dummies, and I'll take care of mine."

Translation:
you civilians can kiss my a**, i'll do whatever i want cuz my guns are bigger than yours

the General is being a darn good "father" to a bunch of irresponsible military personnel, in order to save their lives and the lives of others.

"father"... ?????
as far as the "irresponsible" part goes....
if they are "irresponsible", do they really need to be a part of the most powerful military in the world?

innocent military personnel are also losing their lives because of reckless civilians.

i'm all for stopping needless deaths but this is ridiculous
don't you think if mr. general has a problem with the civilian police force not doing a sufficient job of stopping the drunk drivers
then he needs to address the civilian population of that area asking them to pressure the civilian police force to step up their efforts
or is mr. general "above" this sort of action?

When the military arrests a civilian and hauls them off, THEN we'll have problems!!!

that is why is it so important that military NEVER be allowed to "police" the civilian population to begin with
how can you NOT see the importance of this?

Try looking up how many deaths have occurred on this road over the years.

that maybe so but it doesn't justify military presence/enforcement

I'm part of the military family

we're not the enemy

It's so easy to stereotype people you don't know as being the "big, bad, enemy" out to take your rights away from you

We protect them, remember??

so it was your "family" that "protected" our rights during katrina by going house to house taking peoples weapons at gun point??????????????
people that were doing NOTHING but sitting at their homes...

your "family" took their only means of defense against someone who wishes to rob, kill or rape them

We protect them, remember??

so tell me how your "family" protected the second amendment in this case

[edit on 17-1-2009 by laundrybag]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
well there very well may be riots since the state is suspending alot of tax refunds and rebates due to the budget deficit.......some of these people were counting on this $$.........and now they will be forced (if they want to survive) to "do what it takes" to meet there basic needs..........so military may be necessary in that regard

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by xoxo stacie

Is this true? About this consitutional freezone? Like a no-mens-land?
So if you got surched (randomly) by police or military and it happens without a reason & roughly you can not call on amendment IV?

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join