It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why would aliens need to communicate

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
We capture and study animals when "WE" feel like it. I think aliens do the same with us. They don't come here to land in the middle of Time Square and mingle with us. They do what they do on "THEIR" time and in the shadows.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Deciphering foreign languages just require patter recognition. Regardless the more advanced civilization is more likely to learn the languages of younger civilizations thereby eliminating a language barrier altogether.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by majestictwo
reply to post by zacherystaylor

If they can travel that far and they have been here for tousands of years I'm sure they can recognize communication. Whether they would ever communicate depends on what their motives are as I said. If their is no further reason to stay hidden it may be in their best interest to communicate unlike animals they can communicate with people. There is some circumstacial evidence that they may have communicated with the government. If so the release of information is being controlled by both the aliens and the government.

I am sure they can recognise communication. Any time someone observes several UFOs (same civilisation) come together appears to be communication, but we won't know what it is. Like wise if you and I are talking on the say a two way radio they won't know what it is and there is no need to know.

As far as the MJ docs thats interesting (I've read your thread and I'll be back there) because you might think that military have communicated at the very least a protocol to share airspace. Personally I don't think thats the case, there is know need we can see them they can see us. We can do nothing except place something in orbit so were on a fixed path they know that and stay away.

That may depend on how long they've been visiting earth. If as many believe they have been around for decades at least or thousands of years they would have had plenty of time to decipher language. Besides there are many alledged close encounters where there has been alledged communication both vocal and telapathic. This implies they may know how to communicate but choose not to.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Quite frankly, if visiting aliens are as advanced as their technology implies (in order to reach Earth across vast distances), then why WOULD they have the need to communicate with us? Most people have no interest in communicating with anything less complex than their dogs and cats. In fact, it's EASIER for us not to be able to communicate with other organisms-- it keeps us in the dark (comfortably).

Can you imagine the ethical dilemmas that would arise if we discovered that other creatures have "culture" or are capable of higher forms of thought than we realized? It's easier for humanity to exploit other animals and the realms they inhabit if we remain peacefully ignorant. A desire to communicate, on the part of alien visitors, implies a sincere and genuine interest in treating us as peers and such a notion contradicts much of what abductees have come to believe about their captors. Most feel treated as though they are come kind of resource (to be exploited for the betterment of their alien captors).

Case and point: even within our own species people at opposing termini of intelligence scales are barely able to communicate with mainstream society, let alone each other! The means through which communication might occur, if desired by both parties, are not necessarily confined to verbal speech. Most seem comfortable with the idea of telepathic communication. However, in citing telepathy as the primary mode of communication, one must first define the basis for telepathy. What is telepathy? How does it work? Does it involve electrochemical/hormonal signal transduction, quantum tunneling, or a combination of the known senses? Perhaps, in ascertaining the basis for telepathy, the answer would become clear.

I, for one, suspect that a more advanced species could translate our planet's collection of languages (which, for the most part, evolved in a similar fashion through a series of analogous steps). However, I am not so certain that we would be able to understand an alien race's attempts to communicate with us. We are more likely to react impulsively out of fear, than take the time to learn at our own pace. We are much more manageable in an uncommunicative state. Since claims exist that 2-way communication has occurred however, it is imperative to analyze the content collectively. Topics and themes are readily apparent but the very fact that aliens seem to have chosen to relinquish a measure of control over us (dominance over the more primitive species--us), in favor of risking ethical conflict suggests that something within our messages to them is worth the added hassle.

Consider this: We exploit bees for their honey. If we were to somehow initiate talks with them, how might that change the way bees are treated? We might begin to debate the merits of bees having rights, the bees would come to have expectations of us (and we'd know it), and demand fair and ethical treatment on their own accord. All the while we're verbally squabbling with the bees, all the honey gets tied up in red tape! If only we hadn't tried to talk to the animals!

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by X-tal_Phusion

Brilliant couldn’t agree more.
I cannot see any reason why the aliens would want or need to communicate they simply don’t need to do so. I do accept they would talk amongst themselves.
So for just a moment let’s assume this is the case, then I do not see us ever having a meeting with them to discuss any rules of coexistence. There will simply be coexistence and as I’ve already said “Without communications you can rely only on actions. If no one behaves in a threatening behavior then everyone is peaceful.”

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join