It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

December 17: Bad-Juju Day?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Wow. Today seemed to have been a VERY intense day... and not in a good way.

I just read about the computers at Citibank being down all day and no way to get them back up.

The Canadian TSX stock exchange was down all day.

On a personal level, I heard some very bad news from my best friends today, which threw me off kilter all day.

My husband, who is a contractor, found out today that he was getting screwed over by a subcontractor, who all of a sudden demanded exorbitant fees for a job he was participating in. It also turned out that the same contractor was screwing us personally on the furnace he was supposed to put into our house.

At work, I got two huge, unexpected projects thrown my way that messed up my entire work schedule for the week.

The dog pooped in the house... twice.

And our plowing guy didn't show up this morning and I had to shovel myself out of 8 inches of snow in the driveway.

Anybody else had a bad-juju day today? Let's hear your experiences... And are there any hobby astrologers among us? I'd be interested in hearing if there was an especially tense constellation of planets today or something. Sometimes I get this kind of sh** when Mercury is in retrograde... but I don't think it is right now.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by sylvie

My great uncle died today and i went to the doctor for my back and it turns out that i have a lot more wrong with me than i thought. Besides all that, it has been raining all day.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
My day wasn't quite that bad.

I have been sick for the last few days, but today I felt completely drained and my mood was very unlike my normal one. I had no motivation to do anything. Then when I did get up to go out and do things that I needed to take care of, my car couldn't get half way out of my drive way due to the sudden snowfall we had yesterday and last night. My daughter has also been in an awful mood today, and she's not sick or teething right now (she's 16 months).

I don't know, solar flares? Heh.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Just became a father this morning, so can't complan

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Hm... that's very interesting. I was just thinking about the major earthquakes that the WebBots and geologist Jim Berkland have been predicting for this time frame.

Berkland said, if I remember that right, that good predictive signs for an earthquake are a) weird animal behavior, like wild animals running around like crazy, birds getting confused, pets behaving in unusual manners; and b) weird people behavior. Some people, he says, get a ringing in their ears or incredible headaches, others get very irritable.

I may be reading too much into this (after all, yours is only one post), but it does make me sit up and take notice...

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
im totally short of breath all day. just cant get a full lung's worth.
feels like bad anxiety---but i really have none.
dont get it, but after an entire day of it, im starting to get a bit crazy.

[edit on 17-12-2008 by warning]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by borachon

Oh you poor guy.....You just bought 18 years of hell. Then they go away for a bit, get married and have children and bring all that hell right back when they move back in with you.

Just kidding.

I envy you.

Seems like yesterday my first was born and I was nervous and ungodly happy.

Yesterday my youngest sent me an email telling me she was re-upping for another four years in the military. She emailed me from Afghanistan.

Congrats my friend, You won't regret it. (much)

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by borachon

Congratulations!!!

My day was was totally awesome.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by sylvie

Anybody else had a bad-juju day today?

GM announced it would be shut down for the next month so my company shut down today.

I had several friends fired, several more were informed they have no job for the next 39 days, the skin at the top of one of my fingernails split and it bled all day. 200 people were layed off from my plant alone so my boss jumped on a plane and won't be back till Monday. He probably doesn't want to get shot.

Yea, today sucked. Big time.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Today has been a very good day for me and everyone I have come in contact with.

Took my new puppy to the vet for her first shots today. The staff seemed to be happy and filled with the Christmas spirit.

Son and daughter both had an increase in their businesses today.

To top it off it was a sunny 76F today and I enjoyed being being outside most of the day.

I could, of course, find something to complain about but why should I?

I don't care if a meteor hits the earth tomorrow, if a big wave washes us off the eastern coast next week, if we get 100 nuclear bombs dropped on us next year or if aliens come down and eat us for lunch next Christmas.

All is well with my soul this second of this minute of this hour of this day. Everything else in the future is speculation and theory.
Nothing is absolute and anything is possible.

With that said...........any day I am above ground and not six feet under is a great day no matter how bad it may seem. Without the bad days how would we know when we had a good day.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
My day was great today.

Sorry some others weren't.

new topics

top topics

join